Marathon Weekend 2024

For tomorrow’s VQ - can you add anyone from your friends and family to your shopping group even if they aren’t there? I’m alone but I was going to put more people in my “shopping party” in case I get an early group and others want to join (not people from my f and f).

For tomorrow’s VQ - can you add anyone from your friends and family to your shopping group even if they aren’t there? I’m alone but I was going to put more people in my “shopping party” in case I get an early group and others want to join (not people from my f and f).
i think they have to be in your list of people to select.

plus i dont know if that precludea them from being in someone else's list ...probably not

i think they have to be in your list of people to select.

plus i dont know if that precludea them from being in someone else's list ...probably not
Right…so if I select people on my friends and family (who are not here)…it doesn’t matter who I actually show up with correct? Just that the quantity of people is the same?

The answer to the questions about toasters, etc, in rooms is no, per the link below.

"For safety requirements, Guests should avoid bringing their own personal appliances such as toasters, microwaves, crock pots, electric coolers, hot plates, camping stoves, etc. inside Disney Resort hotels. Guests, however, may request a microwave from the front desk of the Disney Resort Hotel. Supplies are limited and I would recommend you contact the agent who made your reservation to put in the request as soon as possible."

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ll-appliances-coronado-springs-resort-540567/
Thank you, @Nessats!

Well darn, I had decided on just the toaster and the tiny crock pot I use for chocolate when I have fondue parties. But I'm a rule follower so I guess I'll be Googling recipes that can be made with a coffee maker and an iron.

And I've already prepped all my food, too. I'll request a microwave but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe my room will be near the food court and I can go heat my food up there, although I'm not holding my breath about that either. PO French Quarter isn't very big, but I have a real talent for being assigned the room the farthest from absolutely everything.

I just don't like relying on the restaurants and food courts because I never know how my stomach is going to react to food I don't cook myself. It's usually never bad enough to worry much about but even a tiny bit of intestinal unhappiness is tough for 26 miles.

I have a potentially dumb question about throwaway layers: is it ok to get rid of them at any point on the course? The 10k is looking cold and I eventually warm up a bunch when I run, but I might not want to get rid of the jacket right at the start. (I know Mylar has to be dumped before the start line.)

For the weather watchers… I’m about one small panic attack away from unpacking my planned costume for the half in favor of “just running clothes” that won’t annoy me in torrential rain. Which will probably all but guarantee perfect running costume conditions. You’re welcome in advance. :thumbsup2
I am with you on this. Been watching the local news for weather reports. Based on the rain forecast, starting to switch around days for the planned “costumes” for the 5k and 10k and what normal running attire for the weekend races.

Right…so if I select people on my friends and family (who are not here)…it doesn’t matter who I actually show up with correct? Just that the quantity of people is the same?
IME, yes. It was like the early morning hours last year where you just needed to all show up in one group and scan one person’s phone. Could they have changed that? Yes. (But probably not? 🤷🏻‍♀️ )

ooh good point. i didnt think of that. i dont believe they check anyone but the person with the pass.

i dont have any friends so i dont have anyone to add or i may have tried the same.

I have a potentially dumb question about throwaway layers: is it ok to get rid of them at any point on the course? The 10k is looking cold and I eventually warm up a bunch when I run, but I might not want to get rid of the jacket right at the start. (I know Mylar has to be dumped before the start line.)
mylar does NOT have to be dumped..just be aware it can interfere with reading of bib at the various checkpoints ,including start line, if it covers bib. they go way overboard on the mylar warnings ...take it with you if you can fold it down enough to fit.

Yes - last year I had a jacket and gloves that I think I tossed just before MK.

mylar does NOT have to be dumped..just be aware it can interfere with reading of bib at the various checkpoints ,including start line, if it covers bib. they go way overboard on the mylar warnings ...take it with you if you can fold it down enough to fit.

Because they tend to be stingy about the mylar, I’ve stuck it in a pocket of my hydration vest and run without issue countless times. I can’t figure out a pattern as to when rundisney decides to give out mylar after a race. At Wine and Dine, they gave it out after the 5k, but not the half, which was much colder. And of course never before the race when you actually need it.

I'm starting to agonize over my packing. I'm not the most organized person and I just know I'm going to forget something important. I should've made a Master Packing List after my first marathon, but that would've just made things too darn easy!

I keep telling myself that all I really need is my shoes, but I know that's not true. But I suppose anything I forget I can most likely get at the Expo, or I can make a run to Walmart.

Anywhere, but definitely toss off to the sides of the course, and if you can hang onto things until a mile marker, character stop, first aid, or water stop it will make things easier for the folks who need to pick everything up in our wake. You’ll see piles start to form as people add their throwaways to others: aim for those!

Because they tend to be stingy about the mylar, I’ve stuck it in a pocket of my hydration vest and run without issue countless times. I can’t figure out a pattern as to when rundisney decides to give out mylar after a race. At Wine and Dine, they gave it out after the 5k, but not the half, which was much colder. And of course never before the race when you actually need it.
I feel like they’ve been giving them out at the shorter distances… sometimes (because they end earlier) and not the half and full recently. I don’t think we got one after the half last year and I think that was the coolest race also.

For the weather watchers… I’m about one small panic attack away from unpacking my planned costume for the half in favor of “just running clothes” that won’t annoy me in torrential rain. Which will probably all but guarantee perfect running costume conditions. You’re welcome in advance. :thumbsup2
Quoting myself to update: costume has officially been put away and replaced with regular running attire. And I am reminded yet again why I rarely bother with costumes for January!

W&D 5k was the first time in 11 weekends I got a Mylar it’s normally towels or nothing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter