Marathon Weekend 2024

RE: the TSA posts-got stopped both directions for MW last year. Going because of the large bag of Epsom Salts, returning because I cocooned all 6 medals in a cloth bag forming a giant (apparently suspicious) lump at the bottom of my popcorn bucket😆
We got stopped and our medals removed as well. That didn’t surprise me. But white-ish powder in ziplocks is slightly more sus than medals on a race weekend 😂😂

Idk what’s going on with my bib number compared to others because I’m 99% sure I put the same estimate (5:01-5:30) as I did last year.

Got to WDW this afternoon. Just the amount of people in the Orlando area is crazy. I have never seen so much traffic in the area in all my trips here. Even the back roads are packed. We went to Walmart to get some drinks and snacks and good gosh. What a mad house. Never seen a store like that before. Hoping things calm down come Monday. But the weather this afternoon was beautiful. Upper 60’s. It did get pretty chilly in the evening.

Full marathon only 42XX (PoT was 1 41 42 for a 10miler) Wonder which corral this will be.

Last edited:

So is rD doing starting groups or lettered corrals?
The chart shared by @Herding_Cats shows starting group 2 as club rD only, I don't remember that being a thing?
I am soooo borderline with my time between B and C (or 2 and 3?) - really hoping things swing my way given the huge difference in how many people are in those corrals!!

So is rD doing starting groups or lettered corrals?
The chart shared by @Herding_Cats shows starting group 2 as club rD only, I don't remember that being a thing?
I am soooo borderline with my time between B and C (or 2 and 3?) - really hoping things swing my way given the huge difference in how many people are in those corrals!!
I don’t remember there ever being a club rD ONLY corral/group. There was speculation of one before the races returned but we never saw that implemented. AFAIK, they’re always placed in B with POT runners.

SAFD:

Happy New Year!!! It is time for the last SAFD of 2023. With us just days away from Marathon Weekend it seems appropriate to wrap up SAFD by opening the door to last thoughts or advice as we all get ready to toe the line.

My thoughts, be sure to register the moment. It always goes too fast, whether doing one race or all four it is no longer surprising to me when times zips by from expo to marathon dinner celebration. So I am going to try and remember to focus on all the things that have meaning for me: getting to see all of you, hearing the music, enjoying the costumes and experiencing the parks in such a different way. I will try not to get to caught up in racing and more in experiencing the moment. And I will treasure getting to run the 10K and the Half with my DD; I am so grateful for that. I hope you all have great experiences and I look forward to hearing about them! Safe and fun races all!

SAFD:

Happy New Year!!! It is time for the last SAFD of 2023. With us just days away from Marathon Weekend it seems appropriate to wrap up SAFD by opening the door to last thoughts or advice as we all get ready to toe the line.
SAFD: control the things you can and let go of the things you can’t. None of us can change or control the weather or people going too slow or too fast or too crowded along the course, but we can control our reaction to them. :)

SAFD:

Come to at least one meetup (because everyone is as awesome in person as they are on here)

Just show up on a race morning, even if you are super nervous/anxious/feeling undertrained. Make small goals.

In other news, we are officially on the road to Detroit this morning. It’s 34 and attempting to snow, but otherwise it looks like it should be clear weather for travel.

SAFD: remember that we get to do this. Sometimes, and especially when coming into a Disney race weekend after injuries, illness, unexpected life stuff, and/or feeling underprepared, finishing can feel like something we have to do. But I find if I reframe it as “I get to experience this - this is a privilege” (okay, that I’ve paid an arm and a leg for, but still…), I stop worrying about whether or not I can finish and start embracing the special experience that is being part of the racing community. I may let loose a stream of expletives in my head when it gets tough, but will still be grateful that on that day, in that moment, I’m able to do it at all.

@DopeyBadger for the cause:

614xx for the 10K - I’m pretty sure I selected the 2nd fastest estimate range, but cannot recall what that was, exactly.
If it’s of value, a friend selected the same for the 10K and has a 63xxx

427xx for the half - no PoT, selected 2:15-2:30
Friends selected the same for the half and got 414xx and 432xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter