Marathon Weekend 2024

Will you have a car? If you’re relying on buses it’s going to be very close.

It’ll still be close by car but you’d at least be able to quickly alter your plan.

With the new layout, I think spectators are closer to the start than they were with the road start (someone correct me if I’m wrong, I didn’t run W&D). So if you really wanted 3 spots you could watch the start then monorail back up to BLT.

Pretty sure the plan is for DH to take the rental car back to the airport when he leaves that day, so maybe? I can't remember what time he has to head out. But I am digging the idea of spectating the start, especially since that means also getting to the meetup and seeing everyone (and their costumes) before the race.

Isn’t there normally a list of expo vendors? Am I missing that somewhere?
I can’t find it on first glance. Previously you could see them listed in the expo map but it currently just says “exhibitors”.

clq18nki3000d356np433zqa2.png

Can someone remind me, can I sign just one waiver for Dopey? Or do I need one per race? Since I'm outside of Canada, I can't sign the digital one, and I want to have everything printed and signed for when we go to the expo.

Putting this here so I can find it later. Linking

Photopass to bibs

To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code.
See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Walt Disney World® 5K: 2024 WDWW K5Kx xxxx
Walt Disney World® 10K: 2024 WDWW 10Kx xxxx
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon: 2024 WDWH ALFx xxxx
Walt Disney World® Marathon: 2024 WDWM ARAx xxxx

For those going to the Expo Wednesday, how long does it take to get our race stuff (running the Dopey)? What time is everyone heading to the Expo? and how long do you plan to be there?

For those going to the Expo Wednesday, how long does it take to get our race stuff (running the Dopey)? What time is everyone heading to the Expo? and how long do you plan to be there?

If I get an early BG number for the rD merch, I might head over around 9:30-10:00. If I get a junky number, I might just go at 4:00 and not even worry about the merch, since the resellers are probably going to hoard all the good stuff, anyway.

Extremely tempted to ask my husband to go on a McDonalds quest and walk some fries over to the racecourse after blizzard beach…

In the spectator info for each race is this:
For our athletes’ safety, please don’t hand out any food and/or beverage items to athletes along the race course. This is strictly prohibited.

In the past, it has been somewhat loosely enforced. For example, if you're handing a donut to your wife in Epcot, they probably won't care. But folks handing out Twizzlers to anyone running by would probably be stopped. Also, I seem to recall the last few years that the runners are on the opposite side of the road at that point from the McD, but with course changes that may not be the case this year.

My sons are 11 and 12. Do they have to go with me to pick up their bibs or can I pick them up for them? I have club rundisney platinum and now that they are getting older not sure they will let the kids into the early merch entry with me. It's a lot of waiting around after the early merch to the 10 am bib pick up opening for them.

My sons are 11 and 12. Do they have to go with me to pick up their bibs or can I pick them up for them? I have club rundisney platinum and now that they are getting older not sure they will let the kids into the early merch entry with me. It's a lot of waiting around after the early merch to the 10 am bib pick up opening for them.
They do not need to attend. Parents can pick up for minors.

You can pick up minors' bibs for them.

Anyone else check the track shack website to see if they loaded bib numbers? Unfortunately, nothing yet...

I also really like the fact that the course map hasn't been updated to show the center core of Epcot. Instead we're running through green.
We should have bib numbers when expo passes are released on the 30th. (That specific date was mentioned in an email...and we all know that not everyone gets all of the emails.)
In the spectator info for each race is this:
For our athletes’ safety, please don’t hand out any food and/or beverage items to athletes along the race course. This is strictly prohibited.

In the past, it has been somewhat loosely enforced. For example, if you're handing a donut to your wife in Epcot, they probably won't care. But folks handing out Twizzlers to anyone running by would probably be stopped. Also, I seem to recall the last few years that the runners are on the opposite side of the road at that point from the McD, but with course changes that may not be the case this year.
Epcot donuts (handed off by husbands) are the best donuts.
close up donut.jpeg

Speaking of the vendors (sort of, not really, but the shirts are in the same building.) Am I totally misremembering, or did we get all of our shirts with our race bibs in one swoop for Dopey last year? Because the map shows Dopey/Goofy/Marathon shirts being opposite of the 5/10/Half shirts. And shirt exchange is separate so......yeah.

Last edited:
Me again, as I last-minute consider switching hotels… and with apologies because I KNOW I’ve asked this before, but didn’t log the answer in my head because I wound up not needing the info lol…

Western Way during the marathon, as it pertains to hotels at Flamingo Crossings: was there a lane left open for traffic to travel from Flamingo Crossings to WDW via Western Way? I have absolutely no recollection from running it this year. What I’m really getting at is, if I stay at a Flamingo Crossings resort, will my only way to WDW marathon morning be the 429 toll road? Bonus points if anyone can tell me just how much I’d pay in tolls to do that! No Sunpass; I’d be stuck paying by plate unless it accepts cash.
I worked the water stop on Western Way this year. I’m hoping I’m remembering correctly but I remember traffic on the other side of the median. It could have been just official vehicles though. Sorry, wish my memory was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter