• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD: The Incredibles. I love the combination of superheros and the James Bond references.
Plus I can relate to Bob Parr's life in the workplace. Among other things, at one time, I literally had a building pillar occupying part of my cube.

I went for a run this afternoon. The Morton's neuroma has been behaving, so I thought I'd give the Hokas the afternoon off and try a run with my nearly new Waveriders that I had bought right before I needed the Hokas.
In what was supposed to be a fairly easy run, I was feeling pretty good at the 4 mile mark and turned it up a bit and wound up doing 6.2 miles in just under 63 minutes. Cool. Near perfect (for me) temps in the lower 60's and the relative flatness of the greenway were no doubt a big factor.

Gotta stay on it for Goofy.

SAFD: My favorite Disney animated movie is the story of a young boy born with a deformity, raised by a single mother. When she is wrongfully incarcerated, he is shunned by the only family he has, turns to alcohol for solace, and goes on a hallucinatory bender. After befriending a group of marginalized individuals, he discovers the strength to exact revenge on those who wronged him and destroys the institution that oppressed him. I’m talking about Dumbo of course.

SAFD: Okay, I’m excluding anything Pixar to make things a little easier… but still: OOF! This is a hard lift! I’ve got it down to Jungle Book, The Emperor’s New Groove, or Lilo & Stitch…

I think I have to give it to Jungle Book. For the soundtrack, if nothing else. The older grades in my elementary school put on a stage production of it when I was little and I sang some of those songs for weeks after! That may have been the start of a lifetime love of jazz and swing.

I do need to give a special mention to The Fox & The Hound, though. I can’t watch it anymore: it’s too painful. But that pain is also why I love the movie so very much. Right in the feelz.

Last edited:
SAFD: Okay, I’m excluding anything Pixar to make things a little easier… but still: OOF! This is a hard lift! I’ve got it down to Jungle Book, The Emperor’s New Groove, or Lilo & Stitch…

I think I have to give it to Jungle Book. For the soundtrack, if nothing else. The older grades in my elementary school put on a stage production of it when I was little and I sang some of those songs for weeks after! That may have been the start of a lifetime love of jazz and swing.

I do need to give a special mention to TheFox & The Hounds, though. I can’t watch it anymore: it’s too painful. But that pain is also why I love the movie so very much. Right in the feelz.
Emperor's New Groove is always a good one. When I have to do a long run on the treadmill, that's the movie I go to first.

Hello everyone, I just logged in to my RunDisney and see that I can purchase a Spirit Jersey, but they add a Platform service fee. Should I buy it now? or are the spirit jerseys usually available?

Hello everyone, I just logged in to my RunDisney and see that I can purchase a Spirit Jersey, but they add a Platform service fee. Should I buy it now? or are the spirit jerseys usually available?
Last year I was able to get one when I went the expo Thursday afternoon. As much as I hate the fee, I went ahead and paid it as I don't want to risk it. (I dont think I'll make till Friday this year). When can you attend the expo?

Priceline is having a decent sale on rental cars. I'm now down to about $400 for a standard SUV. Smaller cars are cheaper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter