Marathon Weekend 2024

After wrapping up my 2nd Dopey this year, as much as I would like to do a 3rd in a row, I don't think I can. With travel picking top at work, I'm going to shift my focus to shorter races (10k/half) as it's easier to fit in the training. Also, the dates for MW next year don't work well for me. I will do another Marathon someday - the experience of running through all 4 parks is something I simply can't pass up - and I'll likely do another Dopey even if it's not until the 20th anniversary.

For now, my plan is to skip the 2024 MW in favour of the 2023 or 2024 W&D. If there's any news about a fall 24 DL half before MW weekend registration opens, I might register for the Half and do the C2C (I can't make the Jan 24 DL dates work unfortunately).

MW was so good this year, I really want to give myself an excuse to go back next year, even if it's just for a couple of days!

I am planning to come back for MW 2024. Hi, my name is Charlie and I am a runDisney Addict! I will likely have to go solo next year as it was very difficult to line up schedules this year - finals for both DD’s, work stuff for my wife, etc. But as long as I can work out my own work obligations, and I am successful with registration - and that is the real trick…. I plan to go for my 8th Dopey. Yeah, I have issues.

I'm probably going to be registering for something, it's just a question of what.

On the one hand, with marathon weekend happening so early in the year, I could tie into NYE and have a nice long trip to Disney again. Then it's the debate between Goofy (my favorite) or Dopey (as long as I'm there anyway...)

On the other hand, if I do just the Marathon, I could take the week off after and recover at Disney plus see my favorite EPCOT festival again. Or else be super super crazy, stay at Disney until Thursday then fly for the Disneyland races... Decisions, decisions....

Hoping to be back next year, definitely will be either Goofy or marathon, but I really wish we could see the course before hand.

I know everyone loved to hate on WWoS, but I'll take Osceola+WWoS over Western Way+Blizzard Beach parking lot loops anytime. It's like runDisney was reading this forum and thinking "Oh you think WWoS is bad, here, hold my beer". At least in 2020 they toyed with us a little and had us run a few hundred yards inside the water park. At mile 21 of a marathon, the last thing I want to see is out-and-back and loops of asphalt.

Following along here because the MW thread is always one of my favorites, but I probably won’t be registering for 2024. My work schedule just makes it too difficult. I’m definitely intrigued by the return of the DL races though, and strongly considering it since it falls on the holiday weekend. I’d only be able to go for the weekend so having the Monday off makes it seem somewhat more manageable/less crazy lol. We’ll see how registration goes!

Hey all, I am turning 40 over the 2024 race weekend so I am going to go all in with the Dopey challenge with as many friends and family as I can push into going.
Knowing a full year out, what are the best resorts to look at booking in terms of ideal logistics and just making things generally easier?
We own at BLT, and I've also stayed at Poly for marathon weekends. Poly is nice because you can just walk to/from the EPCOT monorail platform at TTC. BLT is really easy for getting to EPCOT for the start, since it is only one stop from TTC, but you then have to ride the entire resort loop around to get back to your room post-race. Either way, after dealing with bus issues a few times, we're 100% monorail for marathon weekend.

I'm in for marathon weekend as well. Either goofy or the full. I thought I would be dad I didn't do dopey this past weekend, but I find the early mornings too unpleasant to me. I would like to reach the castle in the full while it still is dark next year, so I'll have to be a bit faster and earlier to the corrals. It was fun meeting people at hh and datw,I never saw the morning meetups but I was a bundle of nerves, hopefully I can this time.

Good bc I am sad I didn’t get to meet you!

I will be back… with vengeance. Lol.
It will be nice to meet you as well! And after the unfair hand you got dealt with Covid this year you totally deserve the chance to right that wrong!

I'm mostly likely in for Marathon Weekend again next year. Dopey, because I'm a masochist too dumb to do anything other than "go big or stay home".
I can relate to this! Why only get up at 2:30min the morning one or two days when you can do it for four days!

Hey all, I am turning 40 over the 2024 race weekend so I am going to go all in with the Dopey challenge with as many friends and family as I can push into going.
Knowing a full year out, what are the best resorts to look at booking in terms of ideal logistics and just making things generally easier?
Hey I'll be turning 40 over the 2024 race weekend as well! Right now I'm planning on the goofy challenge but have def toyed with the idea of dopey!

Hey I'll be turning 40 over the 2024 race weekend as well! Right now I'm planning on the goofy challenge but have def toyed with the idea of dopey!
Count me in to the group of people with a 40th very close to MW next year. I know that I just said (like 4 days ago) that I would never do Dopey again, but I can definitely see myself being ridiculous and signing up for it anyway. Maybe. We have a few other things going on next year with DS1's senior trip, etc so I'm not even sure if another rundisney "vacation" is in the budget.

I had a plan to run a marathon before I hit 50. My bday is December 30 and my 50th was at the very end of 2020. I debated whether to do it in January 2021, when I would be technically a few weeks past 50, or in 2020 even though it was almost a full year "early". I chose to do it early , which was a good call as it turned out, with the 2021 races getting canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter