Marathon Weekend 2024

You don’t happen to have any info on the full do you? Heheh
Why yes I do thanks to someone else that shared what they found. List is kind of lopped off. No idea on order either. Hopefully a better lists get leaked.

1704482179696.jpeg
I’m at HHs holding down a table. Come join me!
We are finishing up in Epcot and will be on our way!

I was told that they have plans in place for the half - cutting course short if needed and bus drivers on stand by in case they need to evacuate runners. I’m hoping it blows north and completely misses us.

Have fun at HH’s everyone. Got to our room at SSR and can’t get in. The RFID thing doesn’t work. Had to have 2 different people come and try to open it before they got someone with the actual physical key to let us in. They replaced the battery but it still doesn’t work. I can honestly say this is a scenario I’ve never thought about before. 😖

I’m going to be really bummed if they cancel tomorrow. Today was the first day that I really “got it,” with RunDisney partially because I actually slept last night and because I generally loathe the 5k distance, but also this actually felt long enough to enjoy.

Starting to wonder/worry more about their weather policy regarding wind. Current weather shows lighting holding off until 1pm with light showers at 8AM but a steady 14 knot wind gusting to 24. Never really heard much before what Disney thinks of that
IMG_1498.png
of course this will change every hour from now til forever 🤞🤞🤞

Random weather data point to add to the mix: got a govt-issued alert a little while ago for where I live - 90 miles west of WDW: expect severe weather tomorrow morning including “strong winds, heavy rains, frequent lightning, and an isolated tornado are possible.”

All I’m saying is I’m waiting to mix my Tailwind until morning. :rotfl:

I am headed to the pop century Food court to have some supper. If anyone would like to join me, I will be there around 6 PM wearing my MCM sweatshirt, and Mr. incredible hat.
Just getting on the skyliner and was going to grab a bite at the food court so might see you there.

From the guide:

Course Modifications for Walt Disney World Half Marathon

As you prepare for the Walt Disney World Half Marathon on Saturday, Jan. 6, we want you to be aware that our teams are keeping a close eye on local weather conditions. The safety of our Guests and Cast Members is our top priority and we have made the difficult decision to modify the course due to severe weather, including expected lightning in the area after 9:00 a.m. Given this weather forecast, our goal is to have everyone off the course by 8:00 a.m.

In addition to a shortened distance, the Half Marathon will begin 15 minutes early at 4:45 a.m. This earlier race start time will not affect Start Group Open/Close times or pre-Race Transportation.

We know this is disappointing news, but we look forward to seeing you along the course and hope you have a great race. Throughout the weekend, we encourage you to continue monitoring the Digital Expo & Event Guide, as well as follow runDisney on Facebook, Threads and Instagram for the most up-to-date information.

Important Details:
Participants registered for Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge, the Dopey Challenge, as well as the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge who complete the shortened course on pace will still be eligible for their challenge medals.

Updated course maps showing modifications are now available on the Digital Expo & Event Guide.

Spectator viewing in Magic Kingdom will no longer be available. Spectators wishing to cheer on participants can view updated course maps via the Digital Expo & Event Guide.

Expo hours for the runDisney Health and Fitness Expo will not be affected, and the Expo will remain open from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

For any additional questions, visit the “contact us” section of runDisney.com.

Schedule:
Saturday, January 6, 2024 | 4:45am – 8:30am
Race Start/Finish: EPCOT® Parking Lot.
Official race start: 4:40am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter