Costume/Clothing - running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - est from marathon: 4:30-5:00
Club runDisney Platinum? -
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Middle
Early Bird or Late Arriver -Late
Expected Race Pace - 12:30-13:00

I will be doing my fourth Dopey and fifth Disney marathon. Looking forward to it! Just one more "longer" training run tomorrow (12 miles) and then I coast into next week's 5K.

RACE - 5K
NAME - Todd
DIS'er name - dobball23
Costume/Clothing - N/A - just running clothing
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - Under 8
Club runDisney Platinum? - (Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Would like to, but will want to get into corral.
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early
Expected Race Pace - Hoping to finish in 20-21 minutes

RACE - 10K
NAME - Todd
DIS'er name - dobball23
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Would like to, but will want to get into corral.
Expected Race Pace - Hoping to finish in 42-44 minutes

RACE - Half
NAME - Todd
DIS'er name - dobball23
Expected Race Pace - Likely to finish in ~1:45

RACE - Full
NAME - Todd
DIS'er name - dobball23
Expected Race Pace - Dopey Marathon PR is 3:42; would love to match or beat it

SAFD: Shula's on Sunday night to (hopefully) celebrate finishing Goofy again.

Thanks @Herding_Cats and @Kerry1957 for pulling everyone's info together for the weekend!

RACE - Goofy
NAME - Patrick
DIS'er name -
GuinnessRunner
Costume/Clothing -
No costume and no clue on clothes at this point
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
4:31 - 5:00
(Yes or No) No
Expected Race Pace -
11:00-11:30 (ish)

RACE - HM
NAME - Kate
DIS'er name - WillRunForPizza
Costume/Clothing - Cookie Monster
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 1:45 POT
Club runDisney Platinum? - (Yes or No) no
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) yes if people are still around
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - back
Early Bird or Late Arriver - late (~3:45)
Expected Race Pace - just for fun pace

Thanks for putting this together!

RACE - Dopey
NAME - Anne
DIS'er name - azrivest
Costume/Clothing - 5k/Della Duck, 10k/Mulan, HM/Wanda, FM/Meilin Lee
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - 8:00-10:00 for the 10k, expected marathon time 5:00-5:30
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Expected Race Pace - 12:30mm

Thanks @Herding_Cats and @Kerry1957

See you all in a few days and happy holidays to those that celebrate

Can anyone who ran W&D tell me if they had that long single row of portas before you enter the pre-race staging area? Not the big C of portas that are by gear-check.

Can anyone who ran W&D tell me if they had that long single row of portas before you enter the pre-race staging area? Not the big C of portas that are by gear-check.
There were the ports potties by gear check. There were also Porto potties in the pre race staging area. We did walk behind a row of Porto potties as we went to staging so I say yes. that is what I remember. I used the ones in pre race staging. Ugh that is going to be a mess for MW if there are a lot more runners, which is usually the case for MW.

There were the ports potties by gear check. There were also Porto potties in the pre race staging area. We did walk behind a row of Porto potties as we went to staging so I say yes. that is what I remember. I used the ones in pre race staging. Ugh that is going to be a mess for MW if there are a lot more runners, which is usually the case for MW.
So if I'm remembering correctly from past MW, when we would walk in, you'd go through the part where they would give you the route option to not walk in the wet grass (in front of the bleachers) and then there was a loooong row of portas to the left, and then you'd keep walking and go through the "arch" for the pre-race staging area. There were the portas by gear check, AND there were some portas in the back of the corral area (for the 5k/10k.)

So if I'm remembering correctly from past MW, when we would walk in, you'd go through the part where they would give you the route option to not walk in the wet grass (in front of the bleachers) and then there was a loooong row of portas to the left, and then you'd keep walking and go through the "arch" for the pre-race staging area. There were the portas by gear check, AND there were some portas in the back of the corral area (for the 5k/10k.)
I think the issue is the start/stage area is different for the marathon than all previous ones I have done. Now my brain is a little foggy, so I may be completely confused. I might not trust anything I say. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Oh my god, running up the grass median of the overpass heading towards the turn into Epcot is heaven—my feet need that break from all the hard surfaces at the end of the race
Yes, exactly!
At one of the spring race weekends this year (can’t remember if it was Princess or Springtime) my playlist shuffled to Highway to Hell just as I was hitting that path from HS to Boardwalk and it was just hilarious to my sleep-deprived brain
You may appreciate this nugget of epic shuffling… one PHM, just as I started making my way through Cone Alley? My phone shuffled up THAT Ludacris song. “Move *****” It was perfection and I’m sure a whole lotta princesses were wondering why I was laughing hysterically for no apparent reason!
I know what you’re talking about. The layout was a little different, but yes, there were a TON of porta-potties on the way to the pre-race area, off to the left. Really, there was just an enormous amount of them all over the place - it was great!

Weather permitting, I’m planning to spectate the marathon, probably between the DHS exit and BW path - I need to take a better look at the map. I’ll do my best to study the spread sheet, but I also know I’m likely to forget at least 50% of it in the moment. I’ll see about adding a visible DIS tag to whatever signage I come up with!

RACE - 10K
NAME - You can call me V - I answer to that online and IRL!
DIS'er name - PrincessV
Costume/Clothing - Maelstrom FP/Norway CM
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - whatever was the 2nd fastest estimate
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Maybe - time permitting
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - BACK
Early Bird or Late Arriver - somewhere in the middle
Expected Race Pace - I mean, 13:00ish while moving, but I’m planning a lot of stops lol!
RACE - Half
NAME - still V!
DIS'er name - PrincessV
Costume/Clothing - TBD, but leaning Star Wars Dark Side/Mousketeer mashup
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -fastest bracket not needing PoT
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Maybe but probably won’t make it TBH
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - BACK
Early Bird or Late Arriver -middle
Expected Race Pace -IDK, will be trying to stay w/ a friend whose pace is unknown at this time

RACE - Dopey
NAME - Matt
DIS'er name - Matt and Beth
Costume/Clothing - 5k Obi Wan/10k Obi Wan/HM and M standard run clothing
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration- POT under 8:00
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) No
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Expected Race Pace - 8-10? Having fun

Thanks for doing this.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the HH meetup on Friday, and (hopefully) before races in the wee hours.
Weather was around 60 yesterday, and the rest of the fam went out to do last minute shopping, so I put in an 8 mile run with a 9:59/mile pace. For me, flyin' !
Now some taper due to having my son visit and travel for New Years.

RACE - Goofy
NAME - Andrew
DIS'er name - Mr_Incr3dible
Costume/Clothing -Half: Mr Incredible, Full: Hmm. Deadpool, maybe
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration- Half finish ~2.5 hours, Full finish 5.5 to 6 hours, depending on photos
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front if I can, but probably mid
Expected Race Pace - 11-12 min/mile

There was mention a while back about those of us that will be there solo. If you want to join up post-race and will be at HH, we can talk then. I have a breakfast buffet reservation in HS on Sat at 9:30, and it shouldn't be difficult to add one more. Ditto for dinner reservation that afternoon. Feel free to join me for taking in HS for a couple of hours after breakfast.
Post-race on Sunday will be MK, but I'll be fairly slow moving, with medal photos a priority, and Tron and Space Mtn may be the only things I wind up riding.

RACE - Dopey
NAME - Jeff
DIS'er name - jrsharp21
Costume/Clothing - 5k: regular running clothes, 10k: Bruno (Encanto) singlet, Half: Lightning McQueen, Full: regular running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration- Half finish: less than 2 hours
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - probably mid
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late early arriver
Expected Race Pace - 5k: < 25 min. 10k: < 50 min, half: < 2 hrs, full: < 4:30 hrs

SAFD: this last year we did Artist’s Point as a one and done celebratory dinner, until I saw the pictures my husband took of me and Dopey, so we’re doing it again this year. Fingers crossed I get a better photo with Dopey and my medal!

For the spreadsheet:
RACE - 5K
NAME - Anna & son
DIS'er name - accm
Costume/Clothing - just running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration - I don’t remember? But for my son I put 12-14
Club runDisney Platinum? - No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Probably not since I’ll have my son with me
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group -Front
Expected Race Pace - probably around 14min/mi

RACE - Dopey
NAME - Anna
DIS'er name - accm
Costume/Clothing - regular running clothes
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration- I don’t remember what I put for the 10k, probably 8-10? For the full I chose the first non POT option, I think 4:30-5?
Club runDisney Platinum? - No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - I want to say yes, but I’m not sure
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early (first bus/monorail)
Expected Race Pace - 5k ~14min/mile, 10k ~10:30ish min/mile, half and full ~11:20 min/mile

RACE - Goofy (but doing the full w/ my running buddy so just need company for the half!)
NAME - Heather
DIS'er name -
BigEeyore
Costume/Clothing -
Donald duck for half, HM for full
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
4:15 marathon
(Yes or No) nope
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) yes for the half I hope! (Unless you guys are meeting reeeeeally early!)
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - hopefully towards the front
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early to mid
Expected Race Pace -
taking it easy! Probably around 10 mm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter