Marathon Weekend 2024

Last year, I thought that I could catch the monorail from the 5K or 10K over to Grand Floridian for breakfast and would up doing a lot of extra walking when I found out otherwise.
So for this coming MW, I'd like to go to Hollywood Studios for breakfast at H&V and then rides right after the half. What would be the best way to get there?
Do the buses go right to the parks from the race finish? I don't remember.

Last year, I thought that I could catch the monorail from the 5K or 10K over to Grand Floridian for breakfast and would up doing a lot of extra walking when I found out otherwise.
So for this coming MW, I'd like to go to Hollywood Studios for breakfast at H&V and then rides right after the half. What would be the best way to get there?
I don’t recall buses from the finish to the parks, I would just hop on whatever resort bus is closest/has the shortest line, and then hop a HS bus from that resort. Caribbean beach bus and then hopping the skyliner to HS might be fastest (although I don’t know what the walk from the CB buses to the skyliner is like)

I don’t recall buses from the finish to the parks, I would just hop on whatever resort bus is closest/has the shortest line, and then hop a HS bus from that resort. Caribbean beach bus and then hopping the skyliner to HS might be fastest (although I don’t know what the walk from the CB buses to the skyliner is like)
Hop a bus to Boardwalk/Yacht and Beach club and take the boat over. That's the fastest I can think of that doesn't require a lot of walking, unless you want to walk that path to help flush out your legs.

Finisher busses do not, but obviously in the regular bus area they do have park-to-park busses. I'm not sure what time they start though. Since we will still be in the last days of no park hopping until 2:00, and you're talking about the 5-K/10-K, they probably won't start until too late for what you want to accomplish. In addition to going to Boardwalk area resorts, other option is Lyft/Uber from Epcot directly there. Not free, but shouldn't be more than $10-$15. So you would be paying for speed.

Does anyone know if they have the marathon weekend medals on display at the expo this weekend? I want to make little bags to store my medals in, but I'm not sure what size to make them.

Does anyone know if they have the marathon weekend medals on display at the expo this weekend? I want to make little bags to store my medals in, but I'm not sure what size to make them.
Yes! They do have them in the building where you get your race shirt. They’re on a wall near the front, between where the PhotoPass people are

The fabric pockets thing I got off Etsy to hold my medals is 6 inches by 6 inches and I haven’t had a problem fitting any medals in them so far, and my medals have all made it home safe, even after bouncing around the parks in my backpack and on the plane in my carryon.

I am not affiliated with this store at all, but I highly recommend RunSewRepeat for medal transport things for anyone too busy or not crafty enough to make their own (and it looks like she’s having a sale at the moment)

Yes they are.. but didn’t take photos 🙃

The fabric pockets thing I got off Etsy to hold my medals is 6 inches by 6 inches and I haven’t had a problem fitting any medals in them so far, and my medals have all made it home safe, even after bouncing around the parks in my backpack and on the plane in my carryon.

I am not affiliated with this store at all, but I highly recommend RunSewRepeat for medal transport things for anyone too busy or not crafty enough to make their own (and it looks like she’s having a sale at the moment)
Thank you! 6x6 seems a little big, but runDisney also goes crazy sometimes with the medals so better to make it a bit big
My medals have always been fine wrapped in their ribbons/lanyards and then wrapped in some of my unworn clothes for transport home. Never had an issue. It’s not glamorous but it’s definitely more than enough to achieve the goal.
I'm making it more for carrying the medals around the parks for photos after the races. With the paint that runDisney uses, the medals can get chipped really easily if they rub against pretty much anything.

Thank you! 6x6 seems a little big, but runDisney also goes crazy sometimes with the medals so better to make it a bit big

I'm making it more for carrying the medals around the parks for photos after the races. With the paint that runDisney uses, the medals can get chipped really easily if they rub against pretty much anything.
Yeah, I just checked and my ToT medal from Springtime is 5 inches tall, so 6 seems reasonable, expsecially since you want to be able to take them out and put them away easily

Last year, at Springtime Surprise, someone suggested and so I used socks that were Toy Story themed. Since DD was also running, the fact that they came in pair conveniently provided two of each kind.

My medals have always been fine wrapped in their ribbons/lanyards and then wrapped in some of my unworn clothes for transport home. Never had an issue. It’s not glamorous but it’s definitely more than enough to achieve the goal.
The last 2 years I've added masks to my cushioning for medals.

I made my ADRs this morning. This is the first time I've ever had trouble getting all the reservations I wanted. I had to possibly change my post marathon meal altogether and was unable to get Le Cellier at all.

That said, even if something doesn't open up, I'm grateful for the ADRs I did get.

to possibly change my post marathon meal altogether and was unable to get Le Cellier at all.

I just checked, my dining opened up today for my trip, and it looks like Le Cellier has not opened up ADRs for dates past January 6. So it's not that it's sold out, it's that it's not yet open. I see this every MW trip, I think it has to do with coming into 2024 messed up some of the dining.

The only ADR I have had trouble with is La Creperie de Paris, as they're stuck at 12/30.

I just checked, my dining opened up today for my trip, and it looks like Le Cellier has not opened up ADRs for dates past January 6. So it's not that it's sold out, it's that it's not yet open. I see this every MW trip, I think it has to do with coming into 2024 messed up some of the dining.

The only ADR I have had trouble with is La Creperie de Paris, as they're stuck at 12/30.
Thank you for that information. I like to save Le Cellier for a day or two after the marathon so I'll keep an eye on that in the next few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter