Marathon Weekend 2024

If we hadn't had to just replace the transmissions in both of our most-used vehicles, I probably would have lobbied DH for APs since we are going for DD's birthday in September, and then for 8 days for MW. *sigh* I would feel sooooo much less pressure to cram everything into park days with an AP vs $$$ tickets.

Speaking of rumors and potential changes to the race route, what if it's not just speculation and WDW really does move to North Carolina. Anyone want to start predicting what the race routes might be?

P.S, I am just kidding.

Unfortunately, we originally got our AP’s a few years ago when they had a special promotion for DVC. The passes did not activate until we went to Marathon Weekend that year so ours always expire in late December. The renewal period is 60 days out and this leads to us have to wait until October to book parks for Marathon Weekend the past two years. Not the end of the world, but I am a huge planner and I hate not being able to book them yet! I have issues! :)

We are in the same boat.
We have never let our APs lapse since 2011 when our son married at the Wedding Pavilion. It used to be renewed in June, but Disney added 6 months during the pandemic extending it to December 18. So, although we have resort reservations for MW, we can’t make park reservations, and that drives me crazy. They refuse to renew until 60 days out. So my fingers are crossed that there will be a MK reservation left on December 31 when we can renew in October!

Unfortunately, we originally got our AP’s a few years ago when they had a special promotion for DVC. The passes did not activate until we went to Marathon Weekend that year so ours always expire in late December. The renewal period is 60 days out and this leads to us have to wait until October to book parks for Marathon Weekend the past two years. Not the end of the world, but I am a huge planner and I hate not being able to book them yet! I have issues! :)

We are in the same boat.
We have never let our APs lapse since 2011 when our son married at the Wedding Pavilion. It used to be renewed in June, but Disney added 6 months during the pandemic extending it to December 18. So, although we have resort reservations for MW, we can’t make park reservations, and that drives me crazy. They refuse to renew until 60 days out. So my fingers are crossed that there will be a MK reservation left on December 31 when we can renew in October!
Team December here too! Nerve wracking getting those end of year/MW park reservations!

SAFD

Good Morning runDIsney All-Stars! It is time for SAFD. Today’s question is a bit selfish - as I have been experiencing this issue since I got back from Spring Surprise… How do you deal with post Disney Trip Blues?

My answer: For me it is simple - I bring home a treat or two, rice crispy treat, cookie or a favorite candy that I can snack on while I plan my next trip! Generally I feel better knowing there is another trip planned in My Disney Experience and then I set my “Days until Disney World” count down. Got home Tuesday night and planned out our July trip.
3E11F2A2-33EB-4AFA-A328-899E700B9C10.jpeg

SAFD: I am right there with you. I tried to bring home some popcorn but I didn't have room in my bag, so my son ate it while we waited for our ride to the airport. 🤣

I'm definitely sad to see the end of my first RunDisney season. We'll be back in October/November for Halloween and Wine and Dine but I'm trying to see if I can squeeze in a quick trip in August for one of the early Halloween parties. I need to finish writing my Springtime trip report and I have a Disneyland trip in July to plan, so lots of Disney things to keep me occupied but it's still a bit of a bummer.

Attachments

• IMG_20230423_182342.jpg
    IMG_20230423_182342.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230423_182336.jpg
    IMG_20230423_182336.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4
How do you deal with post Disney Trip Blues?
Given the perfect season I just completed there wasn't a whole lot of time to have the blues. I had 4 pretty closely scheduled trips. Now I have a lull. I don't have anything planned until November but that will likely change. I am hoping to get something in the works come this summer.

That said, I often find myself watching youtube videos, listening to park music or discussing the parks in places like this one.

SAFD:
The degree of the post-Disney let down depends on the time of year we go. However, our trips lately have been in the winter, and going from beautiful sunny weather back to dark, gloomy, and COLD is a downer all on its own. I like to have another trip of some sort in at least the planning stages before we even leave for a trip, so I'm not in "oh no, when are we going to ever go on another trip" mode during the current trip. This stresses my husband out a little bit because he feels like he has to pay for 2 trips, but he also knows that I'm going to compulsively shop and stalk for better rates on pretty much everything until about a week before we leave.

Currently we have 3 trips on the board: DD's birthday trip in the fall, MW, and a cruise for DS1's senior trip. And even though we are months away, those are already mostly planned.

SAFD: Like many others, I avoid the blues by starting to plan the next trip. The hardest period is immediately following the trip through spring. Summers are usually very busy with a long family vacation (2 weeks in NM this year!), camping and a shorter trip with extended family. Then fall usually goes fast because there's so much to do- school starting and all those events, Halloween, Thanksgiving and then we're at the holidays and boom, back at Disney for MW!

Right now I'm still in the tough period. I read the boards a lot, listen to Disney music, watch documentaries on Disney plus and count the days until I can do the next planning step. Currently counting down to May 4, when I can book flights for MW (which I just noticed it doesn't say May 4 on the SW website anymore....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter