Marathon Weekend 2023

Was sorry to have missed the meetup- ended up in the hour+ Chip and Dale line definitely not realizing it would be that long 🤦‍♀️ I think I was on the second bus out of Pop and went straight there, so I guess I need to make that first one for sure on Sunday. Was super pleased with how smoothly the buses ran though, as a non-driver who relies on them. I ended up not making any stops during the race, partially because the lines seemed so long and partially to save the knees for the full, so hopefully something helpful came out of the only posed pic!

Sorry to miss the meetup this morning. Decided to stick with costume buddies. We were worried nobody would recognize us, but were super happy a handful did (probably wouldn't have if we were solo). One person dressed as Mei even asked to take a pic with us! 🤩 Was gonna ask if she was @DisneyMountainWoman before remembering that was her marathon costume.

Definitely could see the Dis Board sign from the Monterey Jack line, so good call @The Expert and @surfde22!

View attachment 730139
Ohh my gosh!! Love your outfits. I would have soo taken a pic with u guys.

Good news I am flying out now. Just boarded the plane, marathon here I come!!

Why is my Wisconsin blood so cold here?? Waited in a 45 minute chip and dale line post-race and now I am freezing!!
It’s the humidity. Even when it’s cold it’s still soggy here. I had a “Florida winter” jacket, ear warmer, gloves, hand warmers and a Mylar blanket wrapped around my legs and was still shivering waiting for my friends to finish. My beer was still ice cold an hour after I got it 😆
Do you think that you would have been ok with only a mylar blanket instead of the throw away layers?
I wore long sleeves and ankle length leggings for the race with a Mylar blanket this morning and was fine. The temp dropped from start to finish though. Tomorrow I will have throwaway clothes, hand/toe warmers, throwaway gloves in addition to Mylar blankets.

It’s the humidity. Even when it’s cold it’s still soggy here. I had a “Florida winter” jacket, ear warmer, gloves, hand warmers and a Mylar blanket wrapped around my legs and was still shivering waiting for my friends to finish. My beer was still ice cold an hour after I got it 😆

I wore long sleeves and ankle length leggings for the race with a Mylar blanket this morning and was fine. The temp dropped from start to finish though. Tomorrow I will have throwaway clothes, hand/toe warmers, throwaway gloves in addition to Mylar blankets.
What was the temp at the start? I was already considering layers for my costumes for Princess and brining mylar ponchos in case I need them for the corrals.

For anyone currently staying at Caribbean or recently for marathon weekend… is there a preferred bus stop to board to get to races as a runner? I didn’t know if there was a particular order the buses come in. I want to avoid walking out to my bus stop and Simple’s seeing fill buses pass by.

I’m at Riviera and both yesterday and today, the loop starts with us, then cycles clockwise through Caribbean Beach starting in Martinique and then Old Port Royal, Barbados, Jamaica, and Aruba, before leaving from the Riviera drive. I don’t think we stopped at Trinidad (but I honestly wasn’t paying enough attention to know for sure). I was on an early bus this morning and there were half-filled busses at a few of the CB stops; we pulled up alongside, the driver said something to the stop attendant, and we left. Couldn’t have been 15 minutes total trip time.

This might be a problem. My daughter is wearing a Princess Leia running dress. Did you feel like the long sleeves were necessary once you started running or did you possibly feel like you could have run in a tank top?

This might be a problem. My daughter is wearing a Princess Leia running dress. Did you feel like the long sleeves were necessary once you started running or did you possibly feel like you could have run in a tank top?
It was fine running. I was in a tank and shorts. But again, Wisconsin outdoor winter runner here. It was after the race that I got very chilled. I haven’t looked to see if tomorrows start will be similar.

It was fine running. I was in a tank and shorts. But again, Wisconsin outdoor winter runner here. It was after the race that I got very chilled. I haven’t looked to see if tomorrows start will be similar.
Agreed. I wore shorts and a long sleeved dri fit shirt, and felt fine until about twenty minutes after the race, the. The shivers kicked in. I’d still take that over being too hot though!

So female NJ runner here, but giving my 2 cents as someone who runs cold. The answer will depends how hot she "runs", literally, and how many character lines you're planning on waiting in.

Today, I had a tank top on plus heavy cotton short sleeve costume top over it and was fine while running, but was a bit cold during longer character stops.

Tomorrow , it's supposed to be 8 degrees colder at the start (47F). Personally, I think I'm putting wool thermals under my short sleeve running top and running shorts.

I just left the expo merch. The pink ladies marathon weekend jacket is only left in small and medium and the medium was super small. Otherwise most things are stocked except for those white hooded sweatshirts. I didn’t see one of them. And the only shoe ornament I saw was a generic RunDisney won, not a race weekend ornament.

So female NJ runner here, but giving my 2 cents as someone who runs cold. The answer will depends how hot she "runs", literally, and how many character lines you're planning on waiting in.

Today, I had a tank top on plus heavy cotton short sleeve costume top over it and was fine while running, but was a bit cold during longer character stops.

Tomorrow , it's supposed to be 8 degrees colder at the start (47F). Personally, I think I'm putting wool thermals under my short sleeve running top and running shorts.
Our "A" goal is to get pictures with all of the characters. Oh boy!

So, we are at the airport waiting to board our flight to Orlando, and my husband realizes he has forgotten to pack his running shoes!! For those that have been to the expo, are there decent running shoes for purchase, or would we be better off Ubering to and from a running shoe store in Orlando?

So, we are at the airport waiting to board our flight to Orlando, and my husband realizes he has forgotten to pack his running shoes!! For those that have been to the expo, are there decent running shoes for purchase, or would we be better off Ubering to and from a running shoe store in Orlando?
The Fit2Run mega-booth seemed to have a pretty wide variety of models available. There’s also a Fit2Run store in DS if they don’t have what you need at the Expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter