Marathon Weekend 2023

Question for those who picked up their bibs and shirts. How are the shirts fitting? I am getting concerned hearing about the merchandise being small, are the participant shirts small? Also is the material similar to last year? I did not like the material or cut of 2020 but 2022 was better.
Mens size are TTS unisex imo, even on loose side compared to brands like Gildan or Hanes. I have only done Princess 2022 and fit is consistent. I like wearing M unisex cotton sweatshirts or t shirts but have plenty of room in the mens small participant shirts. Material is okay not too heavy but definitely snags easily.

I’m sorry. I missed this. But I didn’t see a Dopey mug. Just the race weekend mug and there was a lot left.
No worries. I wasnt even sure if such a thing existed.

Question for those who picked up their bibs and shirts. How are the shirts fitting? I am getting concerned hearing about the merchandise being small, are the participant shirts small? Also is the material similar to last year? I did not like the material or cut of 2020 but 2022 was better.
The material is the same as the more recent run Disney shirts. I got the women's cut small and they fit as I would expect.

Is the volunteer shortage hitting the expo and causing these issues?
A theory from someone who isn’t there: the old merch lines inhaled a huge portion of the crowd, a lot of whom arrived early, waited for a long time by choice, and they were able to herd that crowd better. That control has been replaced by VQ, which might just be worse at handling the job.

At the same time, the volunteer situation is concerning.

Thanks for the offer! I’m at CBR, though, and fortunately hit the buses just right. Already got Body Glide and a Minnie Corkcicle for DW I passed on earlier and on the bus back.
Did you notice if they were checking for VQ to get into merch area?

After about 12 hours of delays and cancellations I’m now supposed to land at MCO at 755PM. Is it worth it to try to head to the expo right away (I think it closes at 800 PM tonight) or should I just do runner relations pick up tomorrow morning at 3 AM (run disney has said it will be available tomorrow)

Based on these, it looks like the POT corrals for the HM/M cover A and B for Dopey/Goofy//Marathon runners.

So would the following also be in agreement with assignments we've seen so far. Chime in if your situation doesn't agree with the following.

-All POT submissions in A and B.
-Club rD in B
-All who submitted 4:30-5:00 are in C.
-All who submitted 5:00-5:30 are in D.
-All who submitted 5:30-6:00 are in E.
-All who submitted 6:00-6:30 or 6:30-7:00 are in F.

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted < 1:53:45 HM or < 4:00 M, did you end up in A or B?

For those with a M, Goofy, Dopey POT submitted, who is the fastest POT with a Corral B designation?

I had a marathon POT of 3:44:43 for Dopey and with a bib of 2036x am in A for all 4 events.

Well this kids is why you do the smart thing like fly the day before like everyone else here and not risk flight delays the day before a race like me.

The chances of me arriving in time to get my bib by 8pm are starting to get uncomfortably low and the line of storms blocking flights to FL just isn’t budging.

I’ve seen the posts and answers about race day pick ups so it seems possible in an emergency so I’m hoping that works, but anyone have any advice or other recommendations? 😳

Thank you.

I was told to get there as absolutely early as possible, bring your ID, you will get your bib but you will need to go the expo later to get your shirts- make sure to keep your shirt tag from the top of the bib to get your shirts

I spent way too much on merch. I concur that it was insanity. The items left seemed well stocked around 2:00 but I couldn’t tell jf anything was sold out already. I did have trouble finding large in the shirts I wanted. There were plenty of small, medium, 2x and 3x.

I’m surprised to find myself in c for the half. I think I was d last year and I put the same time prediction, first non-PoT.

Anyone else going to HS after hours tonight?
I’m walking to the gate to HS now for After Hours!

It was quite an unpleasant experience. When I picture what Black Friday is like….that’s what I picture.
That’s exactly how I would describe it based on the one time I did Black Friday. I’m glad to know all expos aren’t like this because holy crap.

Also didn’t even think to check my corral after all the madness. I’m in C for all of Goofy with no POT and marathon estimate of 4:30-5:00.

I found a hack on Facebook that supposedly sends live tracking updates via text message.

Choose the email option and then put in your number with the appropriate @ below:

View attachment 729654

So if you have AT&T for example and your phone number is 1234567891, send the confirmation email to 1234567891@txt.att.net

I have no idea how well this will work but I did get a text confirmation on my phone that I’m now tracking myself. 🤷🏼‍♀️

EDIT: I’m not sure how this works for other providers that are not Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile.
Which “confirmation email” do we need to send? Sorry I’ve never done this before and want to make sure my family can track me.

A theory from someone who isn’t there: the old merch lines inhaled a huge portion of the crowd, a lot of whom arrived early, waited for a long time by choice, and they were able to herd that crowd better. That control has been replaced by VQ, which might just be worse at handling the job.

At the same time, the volunteer situation is concerning.
The other thing I noticed besides the lines, was that people waiting to for their group to be called just hung out in the walkways, grass areas, etc..So it made it seem much more crowded than years past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter