Marathon Weekend 2023

Yeah we are trying to rent points, and I was pretty sure that registration day would be crazy, so we waited until we for-sure got registered to start looking to book. It's a wasteland now, and we have turned into total resort snobs after renting dvc for 3 trips in a row (not really, but we definitely would rather stay there than at All-Stars.) I'm scrambling like crazy today trying to find people who own at the available resorts and NOT have to do a split stay.

I'm seeing availability for Savanna view studio in Kidani for SSR studio from before the weekend right the way through

I'll most likely be offsite, as usual, but I'm actually thinking of booking something now, which is highly unusual. I don't actually expect hotels to fill up, but there are some nice rates offered by Hilton properties right now that I think might go up, not down, as time goes on...

Yeah we are trying to rent points, and I was pretty sure that registration day would be crazy, so we waited until we for-sure got registered to start looking to book. It's a wasteland now, and we have turned into total resort snobs after renting dvc for 3 trips in a row (not really, but we definitely would rather stay there than at All-Stars.) I'm scrambling like crazy today trying to find people who own at the available resorts and NOT have to do a split stay.
Sending you the best rental vibes and good luck! Possible that some may pop up on rental sites as pre-booked trips in the future?

I'm seeing availability for Savanna view studio in Kidani for SSR studio from before the weekend right the way through
We don't own, so I'm completely reliant on the 3rd party brokers that aren't always up to date, and the only thing that shows up that I can see is the SSR preferred studio. Yesterday there was AK, SSR, OKW, and something else I think. First-world problems to be sure. But YIKES.

We don't own, so I'm completely reliant on the 3rd party brokers that aren't always up to date, and the only thing that shows up that I can see is the SSR preferred studio. Yesterday there was AK, SSR, OKW, and something else I think. First-world problems to be sure. But YIKES.
I put in a request for the savanna studio just to see if I can get it. I have a regular savanna room booked already, but the DVC room would be cheaper and I would have the microwave!

Since I haven't signed up for a Disney race since mid-2019, maybe this has been covered already (a couple of quick searches didn't seem to turn anything up)

When I put in proof of time for Goofy (I'm using a half marathon), it asks for race name/date/location and a link to results, as well as drop down boxes to enter the actual finish time of the PoT race
When I go to put in proof of time for a Half Marathon registration (I'm using a 10k), all of the same fields are present except for the entry of the PoT finish time. Do others see this as well? Does this imply that runDisney employees are going to click on every link for HM PoT and manually look up the finish time? Seems very strange to me, and not how I remember it from the past for HM/M PoT entry.

IDK if this helps, or just makes it worse, lol, but EVERY resort has had bus issues at some race in time. BUT, to my knowledge, nobody has ever missed a race entirely due to bus issues.

That said, I refuse to use the buses and will only drive myself to the races. I do not do well with unknowns!

if I wasn't so stubborn about refusing to rent a car, I'd do the same!! It just makes me laugh to think BW is **right there** and we'd have issues lol. But like you said, the race goes on and we'll get there when we do!

If it makes you feel better, I put in a request to rent points at the 11 month mark and steadily got bumped from Beach Club, Poly, and Board Walk as availability disappeared before the site was able to get points for me. So even if you'd put in a request then you may have had trouble. I think with the DVC points crunch right now it's tough to rent.

In case anyone is looking for a charity bib, here are some options:

- Team in Training is opening their registration tomorrow, Thursday April 21 and 2PM Eastern. https://www.teamintraining.org/events/walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend

- Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism: https://www.flutiefoundation.org/walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend

- Not open yet but you can add your info to get contacted: Parent Project for Muscular Dystrophy: https://www.parentprojectmd.org/events/walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend-orlando-fl/

- A-T Children’s Project had 10K and half bibs as of this morning: https://www.atcp.org/event/wdw2023/...KIvTGgpkw7EqsEcXIPvtOaMApiv85VkpJ6ZQwWGHO-iTU

- Team JDRF, to fight type 1 diabetes: https://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Challenge/JDRFNationalChallenge?pg=entry&fr_id=8496

- Autism Speaks…I don’t see 2023 information, may be worth sending a message though: https://act.autismspeaks.org/site/TR/TeamUp/TeamUp?pg=entry&fr_id=6473

- No link but reach out to Alicia Hodge of Boys and Girls Club of Central Florida ahodge@bgccf.org - earlier today they had bibs for everything except Dopey.

runDisney’s list here: https://www.rundisney.com/events/di...jaZ4mLTVTQMfBOUv7MGtvnm5zWI4Xh2ER5LXZucAsWyrk
Does anyone know how this works if you are already registered for a different race? I managed to get a Goofy registration, but REALLY want to run Dopey. So, if I manage to get a charity bib for Dopey, could I roll my Goofy registration into that or how does that work?

Just wanted to note: those looking at DVC, the new (remodeled) building at Grand Floridian opens in June. There will be a lot of "resort studios" available and may help with those looking for accommodations. Only downside - there is no microwave in these new studio types , but they have 2 beds and sleep 5.

Don't give up. I didn't get my room for MW until last day of October. (through a rental site) Confirmed reservations can be had. It does require a bit of stalking and quick decision making, but it can still happen.

Does anyone know how this works if you are already registered for a different race? I managed to get a Goofy registration, but REALLY want to run Dopey. So, if I manage to get a charity bib for Dopey, could I roll my Goofy registration into that or how does that work?
I have no idea. If it was changing to a regular Dopey registration, you’d contact runDisney to fill out a transfer form and pay the difference between registration costs + a transfer fee.

Might be worth contacting charities to see if they know, or even runDisney.

Don't give up. I didn't get my room for MW until last day of October. (through a rental site) Confirmed reservations can be had. It does require a bit of stalking and quick decision making, but it can still happen.
We picked our reservation up last year in September (I think?) when one magical morning a TON of availability showed up after they did a website update or something. It was off someone on the rental board here, and while I was on the phone with him stuff was disappearing while he tried to nail down the size room we needed and I frantically texted DH about resort options. I don't want to go through that again. :scared:

The only thing I want to "stress out" about at this point is my training.

I have no idea. If it was changing to a regular Dopey registration, you’d contact runDisney to fill out a transfer form and pay the difference between registration costs + a transfer fee.

Might be worth contacting charities to see if they know, or even runDisney.

You can actually make the change and pay directly from your registration on the RunDisney site these days. No need to contact RunDisney for race changes any more, unless it’s complicated for some reason.

That’s for a direct registration, not a charity registration change, though.

Only downside - there is no microwave in these new studio types , but they have 2 beds and sleep 5.

Also not an actual mini-fridge. Just a “beverage cooler” which is pretty small and doesn’t keep items as cold.

Yeah, we booked at 11 month window for our home resort. Figured it would get crazy, plus wanted to ensure quality time with the Christmas tree at Wilderness Lodge!

MW 2022 we only stayed 2 nights at CCV before moving to another home resort, and I was so sad to leave the tree and all the other Christmas decorations! For 2023 I added an extra night at CCV 🤩🎄 before we move (I actually love split stays!).

You can actually make the change and pay directly from your registration on the RunDisney site these days. No need to contact RunDisney for race changes any more, unless it’s complicated for some reason.

That’s for a direct registration, not a charity registration change, though.
I'm thinking I may just try to snag a charity bib for Dopey and then ask runDisney if they'd consider a refund for my Goofy registration since I'm running for a charity. Not holding my breath on getting any money back, but it's worth a shot.

I am also curious what running with a charity is like if anyone has any experience. I see some of the sites saying that participants have to follow certain "rules and requirements" and I am wondering if that means mandatory events during the MW or anything like that. Not that I mind jumping through a few hoops (especially if I'm raising money for a good cause), I just don't want it to dominate my experience while I'm there.

Well, that is pretty pathetic. Browsing to a site has an amplification value of 1 from a Dados perspective and billion dollar company shouldn't be taken out by that. Disney IT is garbage but that is bad. Adjusting for registration surges is a kindergarten maneuver. I guess they could have surged systems without surging bandwidth but, again, they aren't some mom and pop shop.

A chance to get to pay to registerr has no actual value. You can't really resell it since it is time limited and who would pay for it in the current parameters? You have a better chance of lunching on the moon tomorrow than not having that lawsuit laughed out of court.

If the outcome of the draw of the lottery has no value why would anybody pay for it once the draw has been made? Under Florida law, it doesn't have to be a cash value for it to be considered something of value and for the law to apply. Who pays cash for something that has no kind of value anyway?

As far as I am aware runDisney does not have a gambling license in Florida. They may not run any form of raffle or lottery.

When we were all in the entry process we were all given a number visible on the screen. If that's a number for a place in a virtual line fair enough, but if it's a number for a lucky draw that's gambling. As we know that people were able to arrive late and get short or even zero wait times we know it wasn't a line. That only leaves one option.

This wouldn't be to bring any particular lawsuit against runDisney (although they may want to take a real hard look at the New York Marathon Lottery case) but it might make them much more transparent about what they do when people enter the waiting process for entry to an event.

If someone did take this to court, nobody would be laughing except the lawyers (on both sides).

Who wouldn't like the whole process to be more open and transparent? If it is just a line then there is no need for people to have multiple open browsers on multiple computers, your place in line is shown on your screen, and opening a second browser will always give you a later place in line so there would be no point. Wouldn't this make the website much less likely to crash?

What would be more expensive for runDisney, to pay annually for a Florida gambling license, or to fix their race entry system?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter