Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD: Haunted Mansion for me, hands down. But, to be fair, Haunted Mansion is pretty much going to be my answer to most Disney-related questions. I really need to get to Disneyland on a weekend where they don’t have their version down for overlay installation so I can experience it, too.

SAFD: Favorite? A true tie between TOT and HM. I'd give the edge to TOT on my own, but my son has always loved HM so much and I really enjoy riding it with him!

SAFD: I also love Haunted Mansion, but the question made my mind immediately go to the old Snow White’s Scary Adventures.
100%. Hands down the scariest ride I've ever experienced!

Honorable mention: There was a ride at Epcot in the 90’s that was something like “journey through the human body”??
Body Wars in the Wonders of Life pavilion! Until Forbidden Journey opened at Uni, Body Wars had the dubious distinction of being the only ride EVER to give me motion sickness.

SAFD: I believe all my favourite Scary Adventures have been mentioned.
  1. Tower of Terror - love the way the creepiness and suspense builds as you are walking through the outside garden. All the music with a "hall effect" added starts to give that uneasy feeling right away. I frequently play the queue music while cleaning the house ( https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5Uemu2vfXVVgvrP7JWFTJ7 )
  2. Alien Encounter - what a great attraction. We can argue that it did not belong in Tomorrowland and Magic Kingdom Park, but the way it built the suspense and thrill was fantastic. I would love them to bring this back, but find a location that is more suited for it. With warning signs in large print!
  3. Snow White's Scary Adventure - They did an amazing job on this attraction. I am sad to have seen it disappear from the Magic Kingdom.
  4. Mr. Toad's Wilde Ride - I do not get out to Disneyland that often, but I love this ride. It beings back all my childhood memories of watching The Magical World of Disney on Sunday evenings...looking forward to "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" every Halloween season.

SAFD: Tower of Terror.

Honorable Mention, but you have to time it right: walk through the outdoor portion of the queue for Disneyland's Haunted Mansion during the Night of Bald Mountain sequence during Fantamsic. The music, projections onto Tom Sawyer Island and the general vibe of the Haunted Mansion make for an interesting combination.

Halloween is over, but the thrills continue when Sundays are for Disney! For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what is your favorite spooky, scary or thrilling attraction at Disney? (However you define that is up to you. No judgment if Capt. EO gives you nightmares).

Scary rides I enjoy? Tower of Terror - hands down. I love the theming and the ride.

The Haunted Mansion graveyard scene still scares me in a not fun way, but I can get through it. I hate the emaciated dogs and the things that pop out. I didn't go on that ride without crying until I was 20 years old.

As a 4 year old... Snow White's Scary Adventure TERRIFIED me. The queen turned and became the old hag and 4 year old Jillian was DONE.

I just got an email notification from UPS for a Halo Branded Solutions shipment. Could this be the WDW Weekend medals? I was registered for W&D but took the refund instead of the medals. Thoughts?

I just got an email notification from UPS for a Halo Branded Solutions shipment. Could this be the WDW Weekend medals? I was registered for W&D but took the refund instead of the medals. Thoughts?
I doubt it. I don’t think I received one of those emails; although they could be sending them in batches. 🤷‍♀️
I believe, per the website, that they won’t be sent until the ‘conclusion’ of the event.

5200BA34-895E-4E75-81FB-BD5A7D68C7F3.jpeg

Highly doubtful. Did you join Club RunDisney, by any chance? I’ve heard some reports of a wave of membership materials being sent out.

I doubt it. I don’t think I received one of those emails; although they could be sending them in batches. 🤷‍♀️
I believe, per the website, that they won’t be sent until the ‘conclusion’ of the event.

View attachment 536450
Highly doubtful. Did you join Club RunDisney, by any chance? I’ve heard some reports of a wave of membership materials being sent out.
Thank you both. I remember seeing this when it went virtual but I've had a very bad couple of weeks and I'm not thinking or remembering very well.
I did join Club runDisney I just wasn't expecting anything since I've already received the membership kit.

Hmmm ... no posts since Tuesday. Was anything going on this week?

Yeah, I went back to work after my week-long staycation. It was weird. Thankfully, I'm still working from home so I put the TV on in the background to help with the transition. Nothing too exciting on TV, though, just some guy who looked like he wasn't sleeping at all.

SAFD: The fact that I can come and go as I please and nobody cares when I just pop in out of nowhere.

I'm really bad with people and definitely regret going to all the meetups I went to Marathon Weekend 2019, but in the moment it was made easier by the fact that people were happy to talk to me when I was there and seemed perfectly fine with me leaving when I left. I felt included but didn't feel any pressure to be there, which was very much appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter