Marathon Weekend 2020

Marathon pre-race meet reminder. See you all bright and early! I’ll be wearing a white hat that flashes colors, a yellow singlet, maroon shorts, and a DIS sign. It looked like there were a bank of tents, then a square made out of portas and inside the square was a yellow flag that said “water”. I will be in the general vicinity of the yellow flag water table (same as orange “x” below) from when I arrive until the corrals open at 3:45ish.

73F937A9-3AD3-4018-AEC4-61ADFA6EF068.png

Band so I can get my medals god willing acquired. Bought a couple of last minute things from the expo and now on way back to hotel. Going to get myself some beignets

Anyone else who did runner tracking not receive a text at 10k? Neither DW nor I got one. I know this doesn’t mean that we didn’t register at the 10k mat.
DH mentioned he was starting to get worried about me because he never got a notification for the 10k but the 15k text came in. I hadn’t thought about it til now though

2:35:23 for DW today! Half marathon PR by about 55 minutes!
Lots of hard work paying off for her.
So proud.

Fantastic!!

So, anyone have any tips for how best to power through the long, boring, into the wind miles tomorrow from MK to AK? That part was super boring today and tomorrow will hit with alot more mileage built up by then.

Stop for character photos
Strike up conversation with the people around you
Be thankful for the wind keeping you cool

@DerTobi75 Your picture of the port-a-potties is just crazy! Hard to believe that is taken the same morning when it was wall to wall people just awhile before. Congrats on your DLS race.

Had to officially make the call, no marathon for me tomorrow. I’ll be at the finish line with my mom, niece, nephew and brother-in-law watching and cheering on my sister as she stays Perfect Dopey.

I started developing blisters in the parks on Tuesday as a result of a changed gait because of my plantar fasciitis. Throughout the week I’ve added more as I’ve compensated for the pain from the original blisters. It was all I could do to finish today.

Im trying really hard to be okay with things, but I’m definitely struggling. I know I have to look forward to future Dopey Challenges and being better prepared. Not sure I’ll ever feel good about this but I’m determined to make this a positive turning point for my running goals.

Had to officially make the call, no marathon for me tomorrow. I’ll be at the finish line with my mom, niece, nephew and brother-in-law watching and cheering on my sister as she stays Perfect Dopey.

I started developing blisters in the parks on Tuesday as a result of a changed gait because of my plantar fasciitis. Throughout the week I’ve added more as I’ve compensated for the pain from the original blisters. It was all I could do to finish today.

Im trying really hard to be okay with things, but I’m definitely struggling. I know I have to look forward to future Dopey Challenges and being better prepared. Not sure I’ll ever feel good about this but I’m determined to make this a positive turning point for my running goals.

That’s a real bummer to hear, but we all gotta make those tough choices on what’s best for our health sometime. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good luck on your future Dopey endeavors.

I'm considering signing up for *just* the marathon next year as my first marathon. My work schedule makes it difficult for me to take enough days to do more, so I was considering arriving Friday night, going to the Expo Saturday morning, running the marathon Sunday morning, and heading home Monday evening. Not that this is the most important thing, but I'm just wondering how quickly marathon merchandise sells out. I wouldn't be able to get there until the 4th day of the expo, and I'd be disappointed if I couldn't pick up a few things to commemorate my first marathon. I know I could pre-order, but that also involves the additional fees plus giving up my AP discount. Did anyone visit the expo today and notice the availability of marathon merchandise?

So sorry to read this. What a difficult decision that is - I'm sure you agonized over it and probably went back-and-forth several times.

I hope your PF clears up ASAP...and I hope you can enjoy the rest of your Disney trip!

@DerTobi75 Your picture of the port-a-potties is just crazy! Hard to believe that is taken the same morning when it was wall to wall people just awhile before. Congrats on your DLS race.
The Photo was taken at 5:36, right before we made our way to the Corrals!

Had to officially make the call, no marathon for me tomorrow.
So sorry for you.

I'm considering signing up for *just* the marathon next year as my first marathon. My work schedule makes it difficult for me to take enough days to do more, so I was considering arriving Friday night, going to the Expo Saturday morning, running the marathon Sunday morning, and heading home Monday evening. Not that this is the most important thing, but I'm just wondering how quickly marathon merchandise sells out. I wouldn't be able to get there until the 4th day of the expo, and I'd be disappointed if I couldn't pick up a few things to commemorate my first marathon. I know I could pre-order, but that also involves the additional fees plus giving up my AP discount. Did anyone visit the expo today and notice the availability of marathon merchandise?

Based on my previous experiences, you will be fine for most of the "regular" marathon merch (pins, Tervis, magnets). The outages I've seen with that type of merch has been with the 5K stuff and the challenges...and any new types of merch (i.e. the runDisney MagicBands the first year or the 4-park Minnie Ears this year).

The only exception to the above is there is sometimes a shortage of sized items where there's not enough of a certain size that year. I seem to be recall shortages especially with the "I Did It" shirts on more than one occasion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter