Marathon Weekend 2020

After an insane drive to Detroit, so glad I left early, I am at the gate to get on the plane. Must have snowed most of the night and was snowing the whole drive. A bit scary, no real lanes to decipher, just kept the car between the median and the trees.... Give me Orlando! Safe travels to everyone.

Ugh! Sorry, but I’m no help. My Garmin 645 hasn’t worked right since the last software update.
Some Garmin/watch tips heading into race weekend. Make sure you've got everything uploaded to Garmin connect and then delete all the activities on your watch. Maybe you've never experienced it but there is a maximum amount of data the watch can hold and when it gets full, its full and stops "recording" data. And it can even happen during a run. Also, if you don't remember when you've changed the battery on your heart rate monitors or food pods, do that now. If it goes out during a run/race, you will lose all that data and as valuable as training data is...race day data is super important for improvement and progression.

Anyone else catch the “Tier 1 Pricing Year-Round for available runDisney Races**” notation under Silver membership? Any guesses as to what rD is going to do?

I've done probably ten WDW Marathon weekend events over the years so forgive me on the ignorance here....has/are Run Disney events always had tiered pricing or is that something new for 2020?

I've done probably ten WDW Marathon weekend events over the years so forgive me on the ignorance here....has/are Run Disney events always had tiered pricing or is that something new for 2020?

It’s always been the same price, even get discounts sometimes if you wait but I’m guessing they are going to change to early/late registration to encourage early sellouts or more $$ if people wait

It’s always been the same price, even get discounts sometimes if you wait but I’m guessing they are going to change to early/late registration to encourage early sellouts or more $$ if people wait

I can’t remember whether they were doing tiered pricing when I started doing RunDisney events in 2016 or not and then dropped it. They have already implemented tiered pricing for Star Wars and Wine & Dine, though.

Some Garmin/watch tips heading into race weekend. Make sure you've got everything uploaded to Garmin connect and then delete all the activities on your watch. Maybe you've never experienced it but there is a maximum amount of data the watch can hold and when it gets full, its full and stops "recording" data. And it can even happen during a run. Also, if you don't remember when you've changed the battery on your heart rate monitors or food pods, do that now. If it goes out during a run/race, you will lose all that data and as valuable as training data is...race day data is super important for improvement and progression.

This may have been the case for older Garmin models, but it doesn’t seem to be the case now. Per the Garmin 230/235 and 935 user manuals, if the watch history gets full, the oldest data is overwritten so you won’t lose data from the current run. Activities uploaded to Garmin Connect aren’t affected by the overwrite. If anyone is worried about their specific model, look up your user manual and check the section on “History”.

I think they did before I started running and just started again with Star Wars this year (I normally just do 10Ks and those sell out within hours so doesn’t effect me)
This makes me anxious for November between the villains theme and Club Disney Early Access (think I’m gonna pre order what I can even if it means no AP discount)

I know for certain there was tiered pricing for the WDW marathon in 2013 (my first Disney) because I signed-up for Goofy before the next price increase point.
I can't remember if/when there was tiered pricing after that because I signed-up as soon as registration opened for the following years because I was hooked on runDisney!!

I don't know if anyone mentioned this (search does NOT let you sort results chronologically), but if you are trying to link your bib to photopass via website and getting error message that it's not a valid photopass ID, try using the MDE app instead. I finally tried that and it worked no problem. (Cue the billionth comment about Disney IT!)

@flav @WelshMorgan92 .....all the practically perfect people are staying at Pop! Will join that crowd on Friday.

I am very confused. I love the expo. Don't get me wrong. But what are they getting in line for? My bib will not change. I love some good running merchandise, but I don't know what they have until I go and buy what I see. Is there some limited edition thing that I am going to be sad for my entire life not having gotten? If so, oh well . ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter