Marathon Weekend 2020

Last easy 8 miles this morning— 50 degrees and low humidity—would that I could swap this weather for next Sunday!

Predictions:
- I break and only work a half-day on Friday so I can go to the meet-up, because there’s no time like the present to force myself upon new friends! :wave2:
- The 4 park Minnie Ears are sold out by the time I get to the expo and I use that as an excuse to buy something far more expensive.
- I fail to limit myself to my planned half a drink at our Oga’s Reservation on Saturday. :poop:
- I PR the marathon (just have to beat 4:48!) and most of my Rapunzel flowers stay in my hair.
- My husband finally realizes this is FUN and agrees to run Wine and Dine with me...

Side Note: I’m local and have access to a car, so if anyone needs anything last minute, PLEASE let me know!
Very kind of you to offer - thank you 😊

I think I am in corral c. Would love some people to spend the time with. How to know who is whom?

I think the easiest thing might be to meet pre-race and walk together to the corral. Have you seen @DopeyBadger document? I am in C for half and full. We can work something out!

On the subject of runner tracking... does anyone have the link. It seemed obvious for other races, but somehow I've missed it this time.

https://track.rtrt.me/e/WDW-WDW-202...nqPx4YPB954lorrFGC4VMtaUmRLqsrinf2OM#/tracker

Two questions regarding the half marathon:
1. I assume they use timing mats to generate the run tracker. What intervals are those mats. In other words, how often can one expect updates?
2. If a spectator doesn't make a bus from a Disney property prior to the race, it looks like they probably won't be able to get one until they start returning runners? Or do they keep running them the entire time for the half.
For the half the alerts are at the start, 5K, 10K, 15K and finish.

2. If a spectator doesn't make a bus from a Disney property prior to the race, it looks like they probably won't be able to get one until they start returning runners? Or do they keep running them the entire time for the half.

https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/
The HM resort bus restarts running at 6:30am per runDisney website. There are no buses between 5am and 6:30am based on past history.

I think I am in corral c. Would love some people to spend the time with. How to know who is whom?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2020.3729134/post-61388694
This DIS List has a list of people, the corrals they will be in, and what they will be wearing. It also has details for the pre-race meetup and other meetups to help put screen names to faces.

SAFD Prediction Edition:

1. This will reenact my high school years when I had to get up early every single day due to a newspaper delivery route and early morning Bible study. This time, the sleeping in will be until 5:30 or so in order to make DHS for Rise of the Resistance.

2. I will finish Marathon #2 and Dopey #2. Maybe even swap out some character photo stops from last year for a ride this year.

3. I will love Rise of the Resistance. I will ride it as many times as I possibly can. And it will be amazing.

On the subject of runner tracking... does anyone have the link. It seemed obvious for other races, but somehow I've missed it this time.

It seems to be MIA at this time. All I have found is: “Family and friends can track their runner's performance with live, online Runner Tracking for the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K races. Runners will be able to send split times via email, text message and social media!
Register for this service on the event website approximately 1 week before the event—or sign up for Runner Tracking at the Expo.”

This is what the website says

Family and friends can track their runner's performance with live, online Runner Tracking for the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K races. Runners will be able to send split times via email, text message and social media!
Register for this service on the event website approximately 1 week before the event—or sign up for Runner Tracking at the Expo.

@croach good to know they can be printed there.
I’m going to be cutting it close getting to bib pick up Wednesday (thanks Frontier for moving my flight 3 hours later!) so I’m being a nervous nelly trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row so I don’t have to waste any time.

Looks like my 7 miler today aggravated my right IT Band...Looks like stretching and rest for the rest of the week....Anyone have any tips?

Not much changing. I thought maybe we would see some of the hotter temps on the weekend moderate a bit.

1/5/20 AccuWeather

Wed 1/8 - 69°/55° Sun and some clouds
Thu 1/9 - 76°/64° Some sun, then turning cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/68° Partly sunny
Sat 1/11 82°/68° Very warm with clouds and sun
Sun 1/12 83°/67° Partly sunny and very warm

1/5/20 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 69°/57° Partly Cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 77°/66° Partly Cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 81°/71° Partly Cloudy
Sat 1/11 84°/70° Partly Cloudy
Sun 1/12 83°/71° Partly Cloudy

1/5/20 National Weather Service

Wed 1/8 - Sunny, with a high near 66.
Wed Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Thu 1/9 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Thu Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Fri 1/10 - Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
Fri Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sat 1/11 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 82
Sat Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
Sun 1/12 - Partly sunny, with a high near 82.

Still trending warmer...

1/4/20 AccuWeather

Wed 1/8 - 67°/56° Periods of sun
Thu 1/9 - 75°/65° Turning cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 79°/58° Chance of a shower
Sat 1/11 85°/66° Partly sunny and very warm
Sun 1/12 84°/68° Mostly cloudy and very warm

1/4/20 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 68°/55° Partly Cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 77°/65° Partly Cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 82°/71° Partly Cloudy
Sat 1/11 84°/68° Partly Cloudy
Sun 1/12 84°/70° Partly Cloudy

1/4/20 National Weather Service

Wed 1/8 - Sunny, with a high near 64
Wed Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 51
Thu 1/9 - Mostly sunny, with a high near 74
Thu Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 62
Fri 1/10 - Partly sunny, with a high near 78

SAFD: @lhermiston thanks for all those SAFDs, enjoyed it a lot.

My predictions? Mmhhh, ...

I predict that I am not gonna make it to DATW 😥
I predict that I try to fight the language barrier and my fear to speak to strangers and be at the HH MeetUp.
I predict that I am PR at the HM and the Full 😬
I predict that I am going to hate the hot weather, myself for doing that Dopey Thing and everyone else around me, just because ;)

Any chance that Photostop is open during the Full?
tag9_wdw08.jpg

SAFD: @lhermiston thanks for all those SAFDs, enjoyed it a lot.

My predictions? Mmhhh, ...

I predict that I am not gonna make it to DATW 😥
I predict that I try to fight the language barrier and my fear to speak to strangers and be at the HH MeetUp.
I predict that I am PR at the HM and the Full 😬
I predict that I am going to hate the hot weather, myself for doing that Dopey Thing and everyone else around me, just because ;)

Any chance that Photostop is open during the Full?
View attachment 462989

What is your first language? For some reason, I was thinking German. If so, my wife is coming to HH and is fluent in German. She used to teach German to high school students and routinely took them on tours of Europe. She might be able to help some with the language barrier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter