Marathon Weekend 2020

After my 2019 Goofy spinner broke on me and I had to tape it together for photos, I'm perfectly fine with a non spinning Goofy medal. I wish Goofy had more color, but if the detail in the artwork shows up in the final medal, I really like the Goofy medal.
This is why I’m indifferent towards spinners. They can be cool, but I feel like they’re fragile and I’ve heard/seen multiple reports of people who have had their spinners break. With this marathon medal, pretty much the whole thing spins, so if it breaks, you really have nothing left. :confused3

I've been already trying to come up with ideas to make DATW the best medal of the weekend ...

That might be the easiest thing you have to do between now and MW! Just when you think the RunDisney bar has hit bottom, they seem to find a way to lower it! Seems like RunDisney Limbo ought to be a DATW thing.

So, if time is really constrained, should I just skip all races and make it to the DATW get-together?

In a word...yes.

I've been already trying to come up with ideas to make DATW the best medal of the weekend ...

I assume you saw my Flavor Flav post. Start with that, but think bigger.

Sounds like a good Half Marathon costume....

I’m listening...

Am I Goofy and @rteetz is Max since we already look so much alike? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

This is why I’m indifferent towards spinners. They can be cool, but I feel like they’re fragile and I’ve heard/seen multiple reports of people who have had their spinners break. With this marathon medal, pretty much the whole thing spins, so if it breaks, you really have nothing left. :confused3

Goofy 2019 was the weirdest, least mechanically sound, and flimsiest construction spinner they've ever made. I appreciate that they were trying for something interesting, but that one was built to fail.

That might be the easiest thing you have to do between now and MW! Just when you think the RunDisney bar has hit bottom, they seem to find a way to lower it! Seems like RunDisney Limbo ought to be a DATW thing.
I assume you saw my Flavor Flav post. Start with that, but think bigger.

Tonight's project is brainstorming ways to recognize our Legacy Drinkers ... :rotfl2:

Sounds like a good Half Marathon costume....
I am toying with an idea for the 5K or 10K this year. It will not involve Goofy. I will only do it if I can make it obvious who the mashup is because otherwise it won't work. For the moment I am keeping quiet on the mashup other than to say it does not involve Star Wars or traditional Disney. . .
Goofy 2019 was the weirdest, least mechanically sound, and flimsiest construction spinner they've ever made. I appreciate that they were trying for something interesting, but that one was built to fail.
Even once I figured out how to piece it back together I couldn't get it to stay together. It just sort of fell apart on me. I had planned on gluing it when I got home, but the manager at Art of Disney in Epcot was kind enough to replace it for me as part of my getting the medals framed there so that worked even better.

I hate to get off track from the DATW talk, but does anyone know if it's possible to see the time you entered for your estimated completion and even more so, if it's possible to adjust that time at a later date? I submitted mine before i started training and would prefer to not end up in the last corral due to that. Thanks y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter