• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I just booked Jaleo for next weekend after all this chatter about how good it is. I love tapas so I’m really looking forward to it!

Jealous! Have the liquid olives for me!

My mom, who is my marathon weekend travel partner, has no dining requests but did emphasize how much she really loved Boma for breakfast this year.

We are staying at Poly this time, so that isn't as convenient as it was last time when we were at AKL. How does Ohana breakfast compare? Or something at Grand Floridian? Any recommendations? Or should I just uber us over to Boma one morning?
I’m a big fan of the breakfast at Tusker House! The food is similar to Boma, but because it is located in a park, it may be more convenient for you. As a bonus, they have Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy in their safari outfits! I like to schedule it for a morning after my races are done so I can get photos with my medals.

My mom, who is my marathon weekend travel partner, has no dining requests but did emphasize how much she really loved Boma for breakfast this year.

We are staying at Poly this time, so that isn't as convenient as it was last time when we were at AKL. How does Ohana breakfast compare? Or something at Grand Floridian? Any recommendations? Or should I just uber us over to Boma one morning?
'Ohana just has basic breakfast items like eggs, sausage and Mickey waffles but, you get to meet Lilo and Stitch! I prefer Kona Cafe because they have macadamia nut pancakes!

ADR went smoothly but I still doubt most of my choices.

Two questions:
Is Storybook at Artist Point for celebration dinner worth nearly 25% of my weekly food budget?

Is the pizza at Via Napoli so exceptional or are most in park (not DS) or Pop food court QS pizzas acceptable? My main concern with Via Napoli is that it takes away a lot of flexibility. Also, if VN cannot be missed, would you go before the half or before the full (doing Dopey)?

Two questions:
Is Storybook at Artist Point for celebration dinner worth nearly 25% of my weekly food budget?

Is the pizza at Via Napoli so exceptional or are most in park (not DS) or Pop food court QS pizzas acceptable? My main concern with Via Napoli is that it takes away a lot of flexibility. Also, if VN cannot be missed, would you go before the half or before the full (doing Dopey)?
1. It depends what you’re looking for. I enjoyed the experience but if you have a budget in mind it may not be best. It’s not my favorite dining place on property but I’d go back.

2. Via Napoli is probably some of the best pizza on property. Disney really doesn’t do great pizza in general.

Check the menu to see if there is something you like. We liked the experience and our waiter was phenomenal. But I didn't do my due diligence on checking the menu and found there wasn't anything there that I really liked as an entree and felt the price would be justified. However, there were different items on the different tastings throughout the meal that were quite good.

For those that want to take advantage of the discount, I believe these promo codes expire today.

Thanks for pointing this out. I had made my resort reservations but hadn't pulled the trigger on the Dopey yet. This saved $50 which is nice. I ran my first half marathon at Wine & Dine last November and all three Star Wars races but never dreamed of attempting a marathon. I can't wait for this event.

For those that want to take advantage of the discount, I believe these promo codes expire today.

Thanks for sharing the codes- I just upgraded to Goofy! Yay!

If you are upgrading and using the codes- there is not a field to add a code to the upgrade- unlike the registration page.
I called and spoke to a real person at RD- although possibly one of the interns that run the whole thing! LOL! She - after consulting with others- suggested I complete the upgrade process then send an email requesting the Peachtree50 discount be refunded to my card. Who knows if that will work- they did not seem to have a firm answer.

I sent an email last night inquiring and today after registration- fingers crossed!

Or it could be freezing like 2018 and you’ll want all the long sleeves! Yay Florida weather!

Yup just prepare for a temp somewhere between 30 and 90 degrees and you'll be fine.

'Ohana just has basic breakfast items like eggs, sausage and Mickey waffles but, you get to meet Lilo and Stitch! I prefer Kona Cafe because they have macadamia nut pancakes!

Kona is one of my favorite breakfasts on property. They also have the Kona Coffee French press.

Two questions:

Via Napoli is a favorite among my running buddies, but it depends on what you expect from a Pizza. It's a thin crust wood fired pizza and the ingredients tend to be very good. I personally really like it, but also have a lot of buds on other Disney forums that basically insist all Disney pizza sucks and even Via Napoli is compared to {Insert local favorite Pizza place}. To me other pizza on property is not comparable.
2. Via Napoli is probably some of the best pizza on property. Disney really doesn’t do great pizza in general.
Agreed.

Just a courtesy message for those of you [like me] waiting for SWA to release their schedule for marathon weekend, the July 10th date for releasing flights past 1/5/20 has now been pushed out to August 8th.

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 5, 2020. On August 8, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2020. This date is subject to change!

Looks like SWA pushed the date further to August 15th. https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter