• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I ran a 10k in October 2018 to get a proof of time for the Princess half last month. Can I use that same 10k race time for the half during marathon weekend?

Thanks!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

Round one of Walt Disney World March Madness is in the bag. More than 1,600 votes were cast. I applaud the four of you with the strength of conviction to vote for Primeval Whirl in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Now on to the Sweet 16 and boy, there are some doozies. Top vote getter Space Ship Earth versus Space Mountain. Magic Kingdom classics Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Disney original Pirates of the Caribbean versus the new kid on the block, Flight of Passage. A battle of Toy Story Land favorites. And, will PeopleMover be the Cinderalla story of the tournament?

https://brackify.com/bracket/28380/Walt-Disney-World-March-Madness

Vote wisely, friends.

Somehow, I think if my picks from this round go through, next week will be an easier group of selections.

Unfortunately, as I’ve learned many times in life, other people have terrible opinions. :rotfl2:That could certainly derail the correct bracket from being available.

ETA: I’m already mentally preparing myself for the unjust world where Splash Mountain not only doesn’t win, but is somehow gone before the final 8.

Last edited:

Round one of Walt Disney World March Madness is in the bag. More than 1,600 votes were cast. I applaud the four of you with the strength of conviction to vote for Primeval Whirl in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Now on to the Sweet 16 and boy, there are some doozies. Top vote getter Space Ship Earth versus Space Mountain. Magic Kingdom classics Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Disney original Pirates of the Caribbean versus the new kid on the block, Flight of Passage. A battle of Toy Story Land favorites. And, will PeopleMover be the Cinderalla story of the tournament?

Vote wisely, friends.
I will say I like Primevil Whirl, but I don’t think I could vote against whatever it was up against (I can’t remember!!) But it was a tough choice for me. :)

I will say I like Primevil Whirl, but I don’t think I could vote against whatever it was up against (I can’t remember!!) But it was a tough choice for me. :)
I don't dislike Primevil whirl. To me it is the home-made turkey sandwich of amusement park rides. I'm not going to go out of my way for it, because there are much better options, but I won't avoid it at all costs either.

With the late start for MW next year, Touring Plans has some relatively light crowds for that time next year. It has HS as a 3 on Monday the 13th, about as low as it ever gets. I get that the new attractions make it likely that's an underestimate, but will it get any better any other time. It seems like if you want to see GE, MW is as good a time as any.

I don't dislike Primevil whirl. To me it is the home-made turkey sandwich of amusement park rides. I'm not going to go out of my way for it, because there are much better options, but I won't avoid it at all costs either.
I can agree with that. I won’t wait forever for the ride - 20 min max (except when the wait time says under 20 minutes and then a ton of people get in the fastpass line and then you wait 45+ min :sad2:), but I like it.

With the late start for MW next year, Touring Plans has some relatively light crowds for that time next year. It has HS as a 3 on Monday the 13th, about as low as it ever gets. I get that the new attractions make it likely that's an underestimate, but will it get any better any other time. It seems like if you want to see GE, MW is as good a time as any.
TP will release updated crowd calendars soon because of SWGE. I don’t expect that to stay a 3.

Vote wisely, friends.
It’s definitely getting more difficult! Round one I went with my favorites and the option that does not give me motion sickness. Round two I needed to start considering versions of different attractions. For example, the new version of Soarin’ is very easy to beat and DL’s version of IASW is far superior to WDW’s. The best example is ToT against BTMRR. At DL BTMRR would be the easy winner, but at WDW, it’s the original ToT all the way!

Rockin or Everest that's a tough choice, Rockin' only because I've never felt sick after it.

People Mover of course - I could ride it for hours and people watch down below!

Pirates and Thunder for me because the others make me ill. Motion Sickness I guess finally has it's benefit for picking rides easier!

In many instances, I voted thinking « if they were to remove the attraction, which one would make the overall park experience missing the most? » Also, DH suffers from motion sickness so I would not want a Disney with just big rides that many cannot do. Of course, my favourites are my favourites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter