• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are so close to marathon weekend that I can practically taste the watered down Powerade.

I am so freaking pumped I can barely stand it. This could also be an effect of the Red Bull I drank yesterday at 2 p.m. that kept me up until about 4 a.m. this morning (not joking, it did a number on this non-caffeine consumer). Anyway, for this final Sundays are for Disney before marathon weekend, I want to know three (or five or 10 or 50) things you are totally excited for. Try to be specific!

Here are a few of mine:

- Checking out new (to us) restaurants, including Boma, Boatrights, 50s Prime Time Cafe, Yak and Yeti, Flame Tree BBQ and Satuli Grill
- New (to us) attractions, including Flights of Passage, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and (maybe) Slinky Dog Dash
- Some post-fireworks touring with my two oldest girls (age 12); they've never stayed out late with me before
- Watching and photographing Happily Ever After for the first time and IllumiNations for the last time

I'll leave it at that for now. Later today, I'll post a pic here and on the meet up thread so you all know who to look for Wednesday morning. Maybe @DopeyBadger or someone can post the map again (I should've saved it, apologies).

Have a great week, everyone.

@steph0808 I just started using the new 890s last week and LOVE them! I’ve got maybe 10+ miles on them and they feel ready to roll. I’m doing the full in Brooks Ghost, but won’t hesitate to do the 10K in the 890s, and would absolutely do the half in them if I were running it. Great shoe!

SAFD: I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a race weekend! Things I’m looking forward to...
  • Crossing Dopey off my bucket list. This was always something I considered just a crazy dream that would never happen, but it’s become reality with the help of @DopeyBadger
  • I feel rotten for saying this, but kid free Disney time. Doing what I want when I want and not concentrating on maximizing rides is freeing.
  • Meeting up with other Dis folks. This community is nothing like anything I’ve experienced before. Y’all are such a special group of people.
  • Having someone else make my bed everyday. Yes, I’m taking advantage of mousekeeping!

I've never used Amazon Prime Now but was hoping to this trip. I'm staying at Pop and won't be arrive at the hotel until after 10pm. Will it be ok if I place my order before I board my flight (around 5pm)? Will bell services hold it or put it in my room? I don't plan on getting anything that needs refrigeration.

I've done this before with success. I stayed at CB a few years back and my x-gf had all sorts of food (trail mix, gatorade, food bars, etc) delivered to our hotel from Amazon Prime. This saved us a ton of $$$ as we were going when there was no free-dining.

Last year (mid-February), my sister did the same thing when she stayed at POR. She had food and all sorts of baby products (diapers, food,etc) delivered and saved a ton of room on her packing. She told me when she picked up her package at the hotel that Disney charged her a $5.00 "convenience" fee. Still well-worth it.

You should only need the mailing address for PC to give to Amazon. Hope this helps.

The amount of long runs I've had this cycle with rain...I'm totally prepared for running in warm & rainy weather even though I hope that it doesn't rain.

Two of my last three races have featured rain, so I’m not terribly worried about that either, as long as it does remain intermittent and not a whole race deluge.

SAFD: What I’m looking forward to from this race weekend:

1. Putting more faces to the names of folks I interact with on here.
2. Watching DD20 finish her first marathon. On the plus side, her ankle seems to be healing pretty well from last week’s mishap. Trying to keep her from freaking out too badly over it right now.
3. Finishing my 4th consecutive WDW marathon as part of Goofy. I love the course and have run it more than any other race, local or destination.
4. Last year was very challenging at work. Just looking forward to being at Disney.

SAFD:
1. Florida in January. Yes even if the temps are cooler than I hoped.
2. Celebrating my 30th anniversary with Chris and some nice meals at Cali Grill and Flying Fish
3. Spectating the half for the first time
4. Dismeets, DATW 2019, and pandamonium
5. Upgrading to an AP for the first time!
6. Watching the Chiefs win while at the happiest place on Earth (please, God, please)

I'm looking forward to:

- riding FoP and seeing Toy Story Land
- trying new restaurants, especially Boma
- staying deluxe for the first time in a LONG time
- 1 week with no kids!!!!!!!!
- checking Dopey off my bucket list
- reading by the pool

Question for those who have gone solo/kid-free before, what are some of your favorite things to do when you're alone or without kids that you don't get to do with them? Any special places you like to relax or hidden things I might not know about?

I've done this before with success. I stayed at CB a few years back and my x-gf had all sorts of food (trail mix, gatorade, food bars, etc) delivered to our hotel from Amazon Prime. This saved us a ton of $$$ as we were going when there was no free-dining.

Last year (mid-February), my sister did the same thing when she stayed at POR. She had food and all sorts of baby products (diapers, food,etc) delivered and saved a ton of room on her packing. She told me when she picked up her package at the hotel that Disney charged her a $5.00 "convenience" fee. Still well-worth it.

You should only need the mailing address for PC to give to Amazon. Hope this helps.
I think the $5 fee is for each package if it's mailed by Amazon & goes through the resort mailing system. If it's through Amazon Prime Now as a grocery delivery there is no fee as far as I know.

So, will we see the official race shirts before Wednesday?
I would think with Last Chance registrations still open they'll post them at some point. When? who knows.

Last edited:
Hmmm, excited for:
- Toy Story Land, especially Slinky Dog.
- Finishing Goofy with my 4th WDW marathon.
- Some of the new vegetarian items as they have added a lot since I've been. Cosmic Ray's has a vegetarian Sloppy Joe that I'm looking forward to. It's nice to have more options with a good protein in them. Sometimes the option is lacking protein.

In no particular order after #1

1. Spending time with my dad and both being kids again for a weekend
2. Taking time to enjoy the trip and less time rushing or being anxious
3. Pandora at night
4. Lil mermaid room
5. Frequent Snacks instead of meals if I feel like it (eating like a raccoon)
6. Epcot wandering
7. Late night people over
8. Tiki room/canteen/dole whip night
9. Running the half with my friend (yes we’ve decided to just run it together and make the best of corral G...at least we’ll have each other to snap selfies of line are nutso)
10. Wearing Disney clothes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter