• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In regards to the merch, I really liked the red/blue jacket but by the time I get there on Saturday I expect it to be long gone. =(

Once the parks open, all of the rides are open too. The easiest ones to get to while remaining relatively close to the course are Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rock n Roller Coaster. From past experience, it adds about 30-45 minutes to your total race time to do ToT and RnRC.

Word of advice from experience, if you stop for Spaceship Earth it will be the hardest last 1/2 mile of your life. :cool1::dancer:

I like the signs that do the math - like "You paid $Xx.XX. per mile for this!"

I also like "Race Liar" who yells out things like - "You are almost there!" "Just another mile or so to go!" when you're at like mile 6! That always makes me chuckle.

"The Run is Strong with This One"

Run for....then pictures of Mickey-shaped food

"Han Solo might have done the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, but he never ran a marathon!"

"Chuck Norris has counted to infinity...twice...but never ran a marathon!"

And - I might have said "I love you!" to the first spectator I saw at WWOS that had a box of tissues last year - my nose was running like crazy. I appreciated that soooooo much!

We may have a winner!!!!

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!! I’ll send you my completed sign so you can find me if you want.

Word of advice from experience, if you stop for Spaceship Earth it will be the hardest last 1/2 mile of your life. :cool1::dancer:
I have done Dino- Primeval Whirl and the Figment ride. Both were pretty easy to access but the figment ride didn’t have really any wait but the ride is like 14 min long. Not as bad as spaceship earth but still pretty long.

1st time poster and 1st time marathon weekender!

Hello...I'm Kyle from upstate NY. I ran the 2 course challenge at the past W&D and had a blast and hope to do so next week's Dopey as well.

My question: I've searched the forum trying to avoid asking a silly or an already answered question by looking for where to meet "Dopey" after the marathon for pics, but instead, get hundreds of results and not for the character meet/greet that I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where we can meet up with "Dopey" (park? location? time?) after the marathon or perhaps Monday when crowds may be less (assuming "Dopey" is a character we can pose with)?

Thank you and good luck everyone!

1st time poster and 1st time marathon weekender!

Hello...I'm Kyle from upstate NY. I ran the 2 course challenge at the past W&D and had a blast and hope to do so next week's Dopey as well.

My question: I've searched the forum trying to avoid asking a silly or an already answered question by looking for where to meet "Dopey" after the marathon for pics, but instead, get hundreds of results and not for the character meet/greet that I'm looking for.

Does anyone know where we can meet up with "Dopey" (park? location? time?) after the marathon or perhaps Monday when crowds may be less (assuming "Dopey" is a character we can pose with)?

Thank you and good luck everyone!
You can meet Dopey directly after the race in the post race area.

As for the parks and what not Dopey does not meet regularly. He is at Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge and that’s it.

You can meet Dopey directly after the race in the post race area.

As for the parks and what not Dopey does not meet regularly. He is at Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge and that’s it.

Oh, I didn't realize he's in the post race area. Now I'm rethinking my ADR at storybook dining. I'm not sure it's worth all that effort to go over there Monday night....Is it usually hard to get a pic post race?

Oh, I didn't realize he's in the post race area. Now I'm rethinking my ADR at storybook dining. I'm not sure it's worth all that effort to go over there Monday night....Is it usually hard to get a pic post race?
Lines can be an hour or longer depending on when you finish the race.

Do I need to print a waiver for each race or will one cover it all for Dopey?

Also, is the timing chip on the bib?

Oh. I’d never seen it anywhere else.

I guess it depends on the races but I’ve seen it at several fulls. ‍♀️

And now the weather forecast has dropped significantly and I'm not happy. :(. I really wanted some warm Florida weather this year. Sigh

Same... and I’m not happy about that rainy Sunday... why is it always rain....

Personally I like 60s for a race since it’s usually feels warmer then it actually is when running.

That being said the thunderstorms popping up is concerning. Hopefully this turns out more like 2016 and not 2017

So I will not be running this year (hence the hiatus) but will probably be spectating from animal kingdom/ yacht club.... but for the life of me I cannot figure out a witty sign... any suggestions?

Positive, please make it positive or funny. Those of us who do 14-16 minute miles need that.

I should probably carry my own sign during the race w/ both of these on it. I don’t know what to do, but my right pinky toe is a hot mess. :crazy2:

Consider taping just the toe. For some reason one of my toes always has an issue with both long runs or and race speeds so I tape it using generic K tape. There were some good YouTube videos that gave me some tips and I have fine tuned from there. If you want me to walk you through how I do it let me know and I will pm you pictures.

Sorry pool weather is looking grim, but the weather is still pretty fabulous. I didn’t even work up a sweat running this morning. I have my patio doors open getting some fresh air. It’s still warm in the sun so even though I personally wouldn’t hop in the water, I would still hang out in a lounger. I hope lightning stays away for all the races!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter