Hey everybody - quick question if anyone has dealt with something like this. We discovered today that I input the wrong birthdate for my bro-in-law when I originally registered back in July. I input 10/16/69 rather than 12/16/69. It wouldn't change his age or division at all, but I also didn't want it to create a problem when he picks up his bibs if they look to see if the birthdate matches registration. At the same time, I didn't dare "edit" his registration at this point since his number and corral have been assigned, etc. and I didn't know if that would create a problem. I can call RD and discuss with them tomorrow, but thought I would put the question out there if something similar has happened to anyone else. Thanks!

Hey everybody - quick question if anyone has dealt with something like this. We discovered today that I input the wrong birthdate for my bro-in-law when I originally registered back in July. I input 10/16/69 rather than 12/16/69. It wouldn't change his age or division at all, but I also didn't want it to create a problem when he picks up his bibs if they look to see if the birthdate matches registration. At the same time, I didn't dare "edit" his registration at this point since his number and corral have been assigned, etc. and I didn't know if that would create a problem. I can call RD and discuss with them tomorrow, but thought I would put the question out there if something similar has happened to anyone else. Thanks!
My birth year is wrong. I emailed them about it and am waiting for a response.

I think I had my birthday wrong a few years back for a DL race and an email sorted it just fine.

Smack dab in the middle of corral B. :)

I'm excited to see what the course is like with a lower turn-out. Hopefully Disney doesn't cut back on character stops in response.

i am in coral B for the marathon, so is DH. I am running the 10K and i am pretty certain i am in A for that my number is 60290. @DopeyBadger our times fit with your prediction. We used our DS half basically 1:52 half marathon and we are in B. Even with my Chicago Marathon time it would put me in B.

See you in B @camaker and @cavepig
I'm in B for the marathon also. 25 days to go!

Have you seen this marathon? I got an email with a coupon code today. Disney will be my first marathon so I haven’t decided yet if I’ll want to do another or just stick with halfs going forward. Also not sure how my legs would feel only running downhill.

https://www.runrevel.com/rdv?_ref=COLORUN

Wow. That would be brutal on the quads! There's a downhill 10k here in Toronto every May that has a net downhill of just under 100ft and I've been sore after running that. Can't imagine how shredded the thighs would be with 5000ft descent!

That and we only have one marathon in the entire city of Denver (the Colorado Marathon is up in Fort Collins). And as said before it isn't PR friendly. Probably was the most beat up I've felt after a race was after Colfax, and yes that includes Dopey. It took a week for the soreness to finally fade after Colfax. I'm usually back to normal after a couple of days from Dopey. So I've sworn off the full distance from Colfax to say the least...

Thanks for trying to help though![/QUOTE

Try running the Colfax 10 mile and you miss the all the uphill portion of the course. That might be what I do in 2019.

Have you seen this marathon? I got an email with a coupon code today. Disney will be my first marathon so I haven’t decided yet if I’ll want to do another or just stick with halfs going forward. Also not sure how my legs would feel only running downhill.

https://www.runrevel.com/rdv?_ref=COLORUN

Two words: starting elevation. 10,512 feet is no joke. That’s higher then the elevation of Leadville, which mind you is the highest city in the entire country.

I think I’m more inclined to do Colfax a second time then start a race that starts at nearly twice the elevation that I live and train at. Because any downhill boost I might get is going to be nullified by the increase in elevation. Coming up that high ain’t exactly easy

@UNCBear24

Colfax 10 might consider if I don’t find anything else that fits my needs.

Though Colorado Marathon still looks like the best option. Downhill almost all the way and starts at a much more reasonable altitude then Revel Rockies.
Eyeballing Mt Hood Revel if Dad is still working in the area next June. Starts at elevation I train at most of the year but drops off quick enough that I’ll get the elevation boost along with the downhill boost within a few miles.

And holy crap the DisBoard is being a pain on mobile tonight.

Hi! New to the runDisney thing and signed up on a whim to do the 10K in January. Should I have gotten an email from rD lately? I only have the confirmation from when I signed up in November..

Hi! New to the runDisney thing and signed up on a whim to do the 10K in January. Should I have gotten an email from rD lately? I only have the confirmation from when I signed up in November..
They sent out emails today saying they released the event guide and such but not everyone gets those. As long as you have your confirmation you’re fine.

@UNCBear24
@StarGirl11
I did the colfax 10 mile this year. I loved the start, they start waves about 10-15 people at a time and then blends into the marathon runners so there’s no mass start. My only complaint unless you run with others and can leave a car at the finish is the only way back to your car is an rtd ticket they give you. You have to take the bus, then light rail, then walk back to your car, there is no shuttle bus. It was horrible. If I run colfax again it will most likely be the half. The only way I would do the 10 is if I have a ride at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter