I have disappointing news folks :(
I thought DW was on board with the beer mile, until last night she crushed my hopes. I am still working on at least attending it with the promise of a breakfast. I am sorry for bringing up the idea that for at least the time being, does not look good for me. :sad:

Cape May Cafe has a great character breakfast ...

Been lurking here as I have no plans to make marathon weekend in 2019 at this point, but I may have to change things to witness this beer mile. I have never seen one of these events before, sounds quite interesting. Maybe I can volunteer to hand out the barf bags with the tongs. That's apparently how rundisney does it, my husband can attest to that.

Been lurking here as I have no plans to make marathon weekend in 2019 at this point, but I may have to change things to witness this beer mile. I have never seen one of these events before, sounds quite interesting. Maybe I can volunteer to hand out the barf bags with the tongs. That's apparently how rundisney does it, my husband can attest to that.

Your call, but here's what you may be missing.....

:drinking:one lap :drinking:another lap :drinking:another lap :drinking:last lap :drinking::faint:

YOU GUYS...I had a dream last night that Disney announced marathon weekend would be in Russia next year. I woke up wondering how I’d afford getting a family of five to Moscow.

On the bright side, I’m apparently way ahead of schedule in terms of race weekend anxiety!

YOU GUYS...I had a dream last night that Disney announced marathon weekend would be in Russia next year. I woke up wondering how I’d afford getting a family of five to Moscow.

On the bright side, I’m apparently way ahead of schedule in terms of race weekend anxiety!
Yikes that would be insane & that is a crazy dream. Race dreams are always so out there for sure.

Your call, but here's what you may be missing.....

:drinking:one lap :drinking:another lap :drinking:another lap :drinking:last lap :drinking::faint:
Wondering if the winner is the son of one of the members at my gym. I know he had mentioned his son either won a race or held a world record. This was before I started running and included alcohol in the mix so I didn't really pay attention. I'll have to find out!

Sigh.....I had no intention of doing any Disney race again after a nice Dopey this past January. But i was just offered the rental of some DVC points and now I'm reconsidering. What an idiot.

If you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to be me - even for a second, congrats!! This is basically how my life works.

I may not be the dummy that everyone wants, but I’m the dummy that everyone needs ...

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

You know what time it is! Actually, does anyone know what time it is, this Daylight Saving Time throws me off. *gets out sun dial, checks abacus, calculates for curvature of the Earth* Ah, it's Sunday, time for Sundays are for Disney!

So, speaking of time, how do you use it when you're at WDW? Do you like to sleep in, get to the parks whenever and tour at a leisurely pace? Are you at rope drop every morning with every minute planned out? A combination of the two? (I suspect I know where most of my fellow all-stars fall, but I'm excited to hear it anyway.)

Whether I'm at Disney or on any other trip, I tend to be on the go. I like to get up early, stay up late and pack as much into a vacation as possible. My philosophy is I can sleep at home.

At Disney, I'm pretty meticulous with my planning. I like to be at the parks early and have a plan - FP+, ADRs, etc. - and stick to it the best I can. But, I do try to be flexible, too. I don't want to drag my kids around the parks or get bent out of shape because a ride is down or we're 10 minutes late getting seated for a meal. So, I try to bake some cushion into my plans so we're accomplishing a lot, but at a leisurely pace.

When the kids go back to the hotel to swim, nap, whatever, I tend to switch into commando touring mode - taking as many photos and getting in as many attractions as possible.

Anyway, for Marathon Weekend 2019, I am making a conscious effort to include even more pool time and sleeping in for my wife and kiddos. I know that's important to them and I want this vacation to be for everyone.

I could go on and on about this, but it looks like I'm out of ... time ;) I'm looking forward to your responses and thanks for a solid discussion on favorite Disney movies this past week. Lots of excellent choices and some deep cuts. Bravo.

Have a good week, everyone.

So, speaking of time, how do you use it when you're at WDW? Do you like to sleep in, get to the parks whenever and tour at a leisurely pace? Are you at rope drop every morning with every minute planned out? A combination of the two? (I suspect I know where most of my fellow all-stars fall, but I'm excited to hear it anyway.)

It depends on the trip. Obviously I’m up early for runDisney trips. Once I’m in the parks it’s usually go go go for me. Outside of runDisney if I have nothing major planned I might sleep in otherwise I’m jam packing a full day in. I’m not a nap person either.

Anyway, for Marathon Weekend 2019, I am making a conscious effort to include even more pool time and sleeping in for my wife and kiddos. I know that's important to them and I want this vacation to be for everyone.

You better start praying/wishing for warm marathon weekend weather then. If it’s anything like this year pools will not be something you’ll want to use lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter