I think when it comes to corral jumping the volunteers do try as hard as they can but can only do so much. I've been stepped on and smashed by a corral literal jumper but what are you gonna do. As for submitting bib mule times or other fake times for corral placement what could they really do. Even if I say report someone I know uses a bib mule for corral placement, how I could prove it to have Disney really do anything. It's not ruining my race, but is it ruining someone's. I have no idea.

I have heard you can get banned if you are caught bib sharing or using someone else's, but I've never heard it enforced, but I have no idea.

Sadly, you're right. rD only pays lip service to caring about things like corral jumpers, course cutters, and others whose ethics seem to be in short supply. If only these people put as much time and effort into training as they do into cheating.
Yeah, I just don't get how someone could sort of plot out something like this (because on some level it's got to take some planning), and then follow through with it and be okay with it. How can they feel okay with themselves, and how satisfying can it really be?
I think when it comes to corral jumping the volunteers do try as hard as they can but can only do so much.
Right, those volunteers aren't CMs...they get small compensation but not enough to make it worth it if some jerk is trying to pull one over on them. :sad2:

Speaking of course cutters...
I once ran a 5K where my GPS said 3.04 miles and nobody else said anything about the course being short. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out if I made a wrong turn or cut the course somewhere. It would have to be a small course cut, but I still think I might have somehow turned too early or something and actually missed 0.06 miles. I'm never short on races (I'm bad at tangents, so my GPS distance is actually always longer than the official distance).
(Sorry, every time someone mentions course cutting, I somehow always think about that ... but if I did cheat, I promise I didn't do it intentionally. Please don't report me.)

I once ran a 5K where my GPS said 3.04 miles and nobody else said anything about the course being short. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out if I made a wrong turn or cut the course somewhere.
My FitBit with GPS claims that I ran under 19 miles during the same period of time that runDisney says I ran 26.2. And it's not the first time it has substantially understated the distance I actually ran in a race. Your device probably just shorted you a little bit.

Right, those volunteers aren't CMs...they get small compensation but not enough to make it worth it if some jerk is trying to pull one over on them. :sad2:
After volunteering at the 5k doing the water stop I have a whole new respect for volunteers. It was hard work.

I once ran a 5K where my GPS said 3.04 miles and nobody else said anything about the course being short. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out if I made a wrong turn or cut the course somewhere. It would have to be a small course cut, but I still think I might have somehow turned too early or something and actually missed 0.06 miles. I'm never short on races (I'm bad at tangents, so my GPS distance is actually always longer than the official distance).
(Sorry, every time someone mentions course cutting, I somehow always think about that ... but if I did cheat, I promise I didn't do it intentionally. Please don't report me.)
That's so close though I wouldn't think or be worried you cut at all. Even if you did something just a bit off it's not drastic like someone purposely cutting all of ESPN out of the marathon. Or joining in the race near the finish and never having even started. I think you are safe from any reporting :)

YOU'VE BEEN REPORTED, Sarah "Course Cutter" Disney

I've had a couple short runs myself...I actually aim for the tangents and on a couple of them it worked!

Hey! I've cut a lot of courses. Mostly Western Civ and Accounting back in my days at PC. Never got caught, but my GPA was no PR. :rolleyes1

Hey! I've cut a lot of courses. Mostly Western Civ and Accounting back in my days at PC. Never got caught, but my GPA was no PR. :rolleyes1

See, those courses I never cut, accidentally or on purpose! (Well, except that one time that I missed bio lab because I was sick so I slept through my alarm)
But I also went to college in the era of laptops, where I could play games on the computer while my professors thought I was taking notes...

Apparently runDisney sent out surveys today about the weekend. Anyone get one?

Nope. Stack Overflow (developer site) wants my opinion, but runDisney does not. Of the two, I'd rather have gotten the rD survey.

See, those courses I never cut, accidentally or on purpose! (Well, except that one time that I missed bio lab because I was sick so I slept through my alarm)
But I also went to college in the era of laptops, where I could play games on the computer while my professors thought I was taking notes...

Nope. Stack Overflow (developer site) wants my opinion, but runDisney does not. Of the two, I'd rather have gotten the rD survey.
Stack Overflow rules

Wow. That’s crazy. Why would they embed a unique identifier in their survey and only allow one person to complete it?
The link is likely unique to each email sent out.

Just wondering what kind of questions were asked. Any examples you could share?

The link is likely unique to each email sent out.

Just wondering what kind of questions were asked. Any examples you could share?

It was really long! I took lots of screen shots I can share - maybe I’ll PM you?

A lot of questions about the expo and a few about buying race/hotel or race/hotel/ticket Packages.

Apparently runDisney sent out surveys today about the weekend. Anyone get one?

I did...isn't that ironic. I didn't take it since I was not there, so I am no help from a questions aspect.

Edited to add: I can't copy and paste the link here because it doesn't seem to work, but I will forward the email to anyone who may want to take it since I didn't. :o

Last edited:

It was Psychology and Genetics for me. Had no real interest in them as a Chemistry and Geology major. Looking back, I have no idea how I passed them. As a bonus, the best course title from my degrees goes to: Invertebrate Paleontology and Biostratigraphy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter