Marathon Weekend 2018

On the bus back to AKL happy to be done. It went pretty well. Completed my first Dopey. BQ'ed as well. Ran stupidly extra....close to .45 miles.

Time for food, coffee, beer stretching, and a shower

That's beyond awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!

Had a great race this morning. I thought I might be able to get sub 5 for the first time, but because of Dopey, I was not sure that would happen. Finished in 4:53:29 to knock 14 minutes off my previous PR. I had nothing left at the finish.

Last edited:

Whew. Finished and back at the Resort. Right IT Band is done! It gave up on me around mile 16 and I hobbled to the finish (stopped at mile 20 for some Tylenol that did nothing, LOL) Watch says I finished in 4:37 and I’ll take that! Congrats to everyone, hate I missed the meet up!

That was pretty hard. I was gassed by my 15 and just worked my way to finish. I got a good number of the characters. Spent about 5 minutes at the Up as the “needed a hot chocolate break” right when I got to the front of the line. Started cramping right past sarge.

I am so looking forward to a nice night of sleep where I don’t have to get up soooo early. Wanted in line post race for about 25 minutes to get the dopey picture with all the medals.

Now on the road heading back to Houston.

Congrats to all that raced today, and enjoy the “free” Mouse ears!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter