• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Wow. How many corrals were there last year? I want to say Princess went to corral P when I ran it this year...

How do the waves inside the corrals work? Are you assigned to a wave or are you released based on where you are physically in the corral? I predict pushing.

How do the waves inside the corrals work? Are you assigned to a wave or are you released based on where you are physically in the corral? I predict pushing.

They break the corrals down and take chunks at a time. So instead of one gigantic corral going at once, they put a break in about 2 or 3 times within the corral and release them 2-3 mins afterward. I don't understand why they're doing this with each corral instead of just staying with the bigger corrals.

I could see pushing, people feeling rushed as they start their race, and an all around awful first 2-3 miles of the half and full.

Regardless of the waves the sudden change in corral formats makes me a bit nervous. Pace wise I’ve been training well enough that it won’t matter where I’m put. But yeah considering this is the least amount of corrals I remember ever seeing for runDisney in Florida it makes me a bit nervous...

Also I’m wondering if they are going to cut back on 5k/10k corrals.

They break the corrals down and take chunks at a time. So instead of one gigantic corral going at once, they put a break in about 2 or 3 times within the corral and release them 2-3 mins afterward. I don't understand why they're doing this with each corral instead of just staying with the bigger corrals.

I could see pushing, people feeling rushed as they start their race, and an all around awful first 2-3 miles of the half and full.

The last couple corrals of Wine & Dine just seemed to be broken down into tons of waves. Officially there were fewer corrals, but there seems as many if not more starts than when they had more corrals with fewer racers in each corral.

The jockeying for position in the back corrals is something I would not look forward to and would be plenty of incentive to get a decent PoT for any runDisney race.

The last couple corrals of Wine & Dine just seemed to be broken down into tons of waves. Officially there were fewer corrals, but there seems as many if not more starts than when they had more corrals with fewer racers in each corral.

The jockeying for position in the back corrals is something I would not look forward to and would be plenty of incentive to get a decent PoT for any runDisney race.

Yeah unfortuanetly for some of us getting a PoT didn’t pan out. I tried to get a new POT a few times now. Going on attempt 4 next week and I just keep having the worst luck. Hopefully this upcoming Indoor one means I’ll finally get a PR of some sort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter