Marathon Weekend 2018

I admit I've been thinking about my 4 race outfits since the day I signed up! I haven't actually bought anything yet though, there's too may ideas in my head, but I think I'm close to narrowing it down. o_O
I mean, definitely if you plan on getting something new you have to try it before the race so you should buy it far enough in advance to do so. Especially if the weather won't be ideal for testing with clothes appropriate for Florida. Now I'm thinking I should move my timetable up. I don't want to run in shorts in January. o_O

I mean, definitely if you plan on getting something new you have to try it before the race so you should buy it far enough in advance to do so. Especially if the weather won't be ideal for testing with clothes appropriate for Florida. Now I'm thinking I should move my timetable up. I don't want to run in shorts in January. o_O
I'm going to sew my tank and skort so I was just thinking that same thought, sew it this summer so I can actually test it out when it's not cold, then add embellishments/paint later.

I admit I've been thinking about my 4 race outfits since the day I signed up! I haven't actually bought anything yet though, there's too may ideas in my head, but I think I'm close to narrowing it down. o_O

I've started thinking about costumes. I know for the 10k the group I am travelling with are running as toys from Toy story. My buddy Andy was killed this year so a group of his friends are running the race as "Andy's" toys in honor of him.
I may re-use my Dapper Dan costume from the Marathon last year. That was surprisingly comfortable to run in.

is there any harm in 'banking' some 16-20 mile runs earlier and then not having any in December? I know I can do the miles, but wondering if a 20 in November will matter if not again till the marathon. hope that makes sense.

Definitely no harm in banking the long runs! I'd just recommend being careful not to leave more than 6 weeks between your longest training run and the race.

I am pretty lazy with training unless I have races booked regularly, so I am doing the Seattle marathon on Nov 26, as my "training race" before WDW marathon. That'll be a six-week recovery, with a 15 mile and shorter distances in between.

Do what feels right with your body, but I think your plans seems pretty sound.

Definitely no harm in banking the long runs! I'd just recommend being careful not to leave more than 6 weeks between your longest training run and the race.

I am pretty lazy with training unless I have races booked regularly, so I am doing the Seattle marathon on Nov 26, as my "training race" before WDW marathon. That'll be a six-week recovery, with a 15 mile and shorter distances in between.

Do what feels right with your body, but I think your plans seems pretty sound.

The Philadelphia Marathon weekend is on a similar time-frame, a week before the Seattle Marathon. There's a Liberty Bell Challenge, which is a Half on Saturday and a Full on Sunday, so basically a Goofy Run in the wrong city :D. She's going to use this as proof of concept; basically, if she can do this, then Dopey shouldn't be a problem.

I have 3 favorite souvenirs. One is a Tree of Life bookend I got when the park first opened (it might have been before the park opened to the public during the DVC previews), I have not seen the bookend for sale since I bought it almost 19 years ago.
The other 2 souvenirs are RunDisney related: a Dooney & Bourke purse my husband bought for me for running my first half marathon, and the Half Marathon jacket from 2016.

8 months out and I'm pretty sure I know what I want to dress as for the marathon already. Is that sad or what?, but coming off Dark Side I can't help it, but heck I don't even have a room!

But I'm trying to figure out training since I have nothing till then and come up with a plan for summer then fall. ugh I tried to type from my phone so didn't get his part added - anyway now that I'm on a PC - - I want to get some guaranteed longest long runs in before it gets freezing cold in case I can't then, so is there any harm in 'banking' some 16-20 mile runs earlier and then not having any in December? I know I can do the miles, but wondering if a 20 in November will matter if not again till the marathon. hope that makes sense.

It's not crazy! I don't have ALL the outfits ready for the Dopey, but we are planning to make the 5K a family affair.

Me: Mickey - good to go
DW: Minnie - good to go
DD: Goofy - she has the hat, but we'll wait until closer for the rest of the outfit. Kids grow so fast!
DD: Pluto... or Figaro... she loves Pluto and it IS his race, but ohhhhh man, she loooooves cats.
My Mom: Daisy

Who is going to win this one???
0.jpg

My vote is Pluto because Pluto is my favorite and I think more recognizable but Figaro would also be adorable.

I'm doing the half! It'll be my first half in many years and I'm nervously excited. I actually wanted to do the 10k, but I didn't pay attention to how early you can (read: have to) register and when I went on RunDisney the 5 and 10 were already full. Cross your fingers for me guys, I might need it!

Good morning, rD all-stars!

I haven't been on these boards in months, but wanted to pop in and say to all of my pals from the 2017 marathon thread. I hope you're all doing well and that @rteetz is keeping up with the Sundays are for Disney questions.

I'm so jealous of all of you who are in for another marathon weekend. I desperately want to go again after my first last year, but it's not in the works this year.

How has everyone's recovery from the marathon gone? Mine has been sporadic. Took a few weeks off, got back out and tried to build back up for a half marathon in May. Built up to a distance of 8-9 miles and some of my nagging injuries from marathon training flared back up. I probably should have taken more time to heal. Anyway, I'm training for a 10K in July now and considering the Lakefront Marathon in October.

I think of the 2017 marathon often and miss making these forums part of my Sunday morning routine. Take care everyone and good luck with your training and upcoming races!

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great week! I am finally done with school for the year.

As always Sunday's are for Disney. Today's question...

When at Disney do you have any traditions that you do every trip?

My answer: I don't really have any specific traditions but I always get one of those decorated candy apples. I'll cut it up and eat it over a couple days since it's too much to eat in one sitting.

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great week! I am finally done with school for the year.

When at Disney do you have any traditions that you do every trip?.

I thought you seemed rather sophomoric lately @rteetz! :rotfl2:
Congratulations!

Our tradition is to make MK the first park visited on the trip, heading straight over to HM for the first ride and first meal at Columbia Harbour House. Love the clam chowder and pine for the good old days when it was in a sourdough bread bowl! On a tangential note, the highlight of my first ever trip to DL last year was finding out they still have the clam chowder in the sourdough bowls there!

My answer: I don't really have any specific traditions but I always get one of those decorated candy apples. I'll cut it up and eat it over a couple days since it's too much to eat in one sitting.

I'm glad to see Sundays are for Disney is still alive and well on the Disboards.

We haven't gone to WDW to have any true traditions, but a couple of things we always do are:

- Since I'm always the first one up, I always take everyone's refillable Disney mugs and fill them with hot chocolate before waking everyone up.

- I try to stay late at MK at least once per trip to enjoy short lines, low crowds and just the quiet ambiance of the park.

My only trips to Disney are for the races and we always do the same thing after the Marathon: Spend the afternoon at MK, dinner feast at the Liberty Tree Tavern, then the evening show. For some reason MK seems appropriate post-Marathon...

No traditions here, although for many many many years EPCOT was our first park when we got in, but broke that with AK first right after we flew in this past trip.

Every time I go to Epcot I/we start the day by heading back to les Halles. I always get a Palmier (the first time, additional trips and I usually mix it up).

Other than that I wouldn't say I've been to the parks enough the establish any traditions. Marathon Weekend is now a tradition but until this year we'd only been going to one or two parks a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter