Marathon Weekend 2018

So...we're actually 61 days out from our ticket package and I literally at 6pm ET was able to make FP+s. I wasn't expecting this and don't particularly recommend making them after consuming an 11%abv beer on an empty stomach but I was able to get FOP in the morning on our last couple days! This is great because we want to do 4PKS 1 day on the 9th so it looks like we'll be able to do it!

HI all,
Long time no chat. A lot has happened for me since I last checked in here on this thread. Notably, I left Orlando and moved to NYC, as I was very surprisingly (and humbly) offered a dream job in cancer research on very short notice (I was offered the job the day after I interviewed and was asked to start one week later). I'm still a seasonal employee with Disney, and although I miss making magic, I love that I'm finally beginning to start my career using my degree. My training has been relatively average, currently fighting off week two of some nasty virus (curse you NYC subway germs), but really hoping to get some good long distance runs this week while keeping up with cross training. I will say central park has beautiful scenic running views but I'm not a fan at all of the dirt paths, very used to paved sidewalk/terrain so that's been an interesting change. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make my fastpasses today, as they limit cast member main entrance passes to the 30 day window :sad1: This will be my 3rd Run Disney weekend and my first Dopey. I completed Goofy last year (or modified Goofy as I was in the run around Pop/AOA to get my half in camp) despite the cancellation. I'm excited for this year and hoping to have some PRs! Hope everyone else's training is going swimmingly :fish::)

I was planning on doing FOP at least once Stand By because I'll be by myself and would love to see the queue but was also hoping to grab a FP for it to ride twice. My FP day isn't until Monday so I guess I'll be out of luck for most of my trip as I leave on the 10th. Oh well!

I was planning on doing FOP at least once Stand By because I'll be by myself and would love to see the queue but was also hoping to grab a FP for it to ride twice. My FP day isn't until Monday so I guess I'll be out of luck for most of my trip as I leave on the 10th. Oh well!
The queue is amazing. The FP queue bypasses all of that.

HI all,
Long time no chat. A lot has happened for me since I last checked in here on this thread. Notably, I left Orlando and moved to NYC, as I was very surprisingly (and humbly) offered a dream job in cancer research on very short notice (I was offered the job the day after I interviewed and was asked to start one week later). I'm still a seasonal employee with Disney, and although I miss making magic, I love that I'm finally beginning to start my career using my degree. My training has been relatively average, currently fighting off week two of some nasty virus (curse you NYC subway germs), but really hoping to get some good long distance runs this week while keeping up with cross training. I will say central park has beautiful scenic running views but I'm not a fan at all of the dirt paths, very used to paved sidewalk/terrain so that's been an interesting change. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make my fastpasses today, as they limit cast member main entrance passes to the 30 day window :sad1: This will be my 3rd Run Disney weekend and my first Dopey. I completed Goofy last year (or modified Goofy as I was in the run around Pop/AOA to get my half in camp) despite the cancellation. I'm excited for this year and hoping to have some PRs! Hope everyone else's training is going swimmingly :fish::)

:welcome: Back! Glad to hear everything seems to be going well! Congrats on the job!

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week!

Sundays of course are for Disney. Today’s question:

You have the option to do a fireworks dessert party. Which one would you choose?

My answer: I have only ever done the Star Wars dessert party but I think I would stick with that one and do it again. It gives you time to be in launch Bay and explore a little bit as well as a prime viewing location for the show.

Got FPs this am, could have got Flight of Passage Fps for any day Sunday & after, but actually stuck with just 1 of them, otherwise we would be always at AK, hahaha! We'll aim for Standby on it our morning there & got Navi River one night since FOPs were out. Pretty happy with what we have setup for now, I think anyway!

You have the option to do a fireworks dessert party. Which one would you choose?
Dessert Parties - hmmm, never thought about it, probably the Magic Kingdom one, maybe, but I know I wouldn't eat much cause I would just end up feeling sick if I overdid it on sweets especially at night. Probably why I've never done one cause then I'd feel like I wasn't getting my monies worth.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week!

Sundays of course are for Disney. Today’s question:

My answer: I have only ever done the Star Wars dessert party but I think I would stick with that one and do it again. It gives you time to be in launch Bay and explore a little bit as well as a prime viewing location for the show.

I’m not a big dessert fan, so I’d go with whatever offered the best unobstructed views for photos.

How’s about a fireworks booze cruise on the Seven Seas Lagoon? @rteetz, you can be the designated driver, I mean, captain.

Sundays are for Disney:

I'd go with the Happily Ever After Dessert Party (not sure if it has an official name). We always seem to either burn out before the fireworks at MK or are there on tremendously crowded days and give up on getting a spot. Our group is full of people like myself; we are uncomfortable staking out a spot for fireworks and trying to fend off other people (and losing some of our time in the park) and also don't want to impose on people who've taken the time to stake out a spot for themselves. It makes the whole exercise a little difficult.

Sunday's are for Disney: HEA dessert party, for sure! I have yet to see a fireworks show at MK-I know-crazy right?! It's just never worked out.

Since we are only going to the parks through Saturday of marathon weekend, we were not able to get FOP FP.....bummer.

Sunday's QOTD: Since we already have a HEA party booked, I'm going with Star Wars...only because they have booze there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter