Marathon Weekend 2018

102. Fog over the Sassagoula River at Port Orleans when we're on our way to rope drop a park in the morning

Oh no! Sorry to hear you are fighting some pain, but good for you on being smart and taking some time off. I hope you can determine the problem and get back to training soon.

Ugh - I feel your pain ... literally! I had a serious hip injury last year that I tried to train through and ended up resulting in a Grade II hip sprain. Downtime wasn't TOO terrible ... I had a stress fracture in my opposite ankle that I was also dealing with at the same time, so I was off my feet and then on non/low-impact activity for almost six weeks before I was cleared to run and other things again.

I was able to keep up aerobic endurance by using the recumbent bike at the gym until I was fully cleared, and even to this day I still do my PT-prescribed stretches with my resistance band before and after any kind of training.

How does the pain feel? Like in the joint or could it be outside like Bursitis? Anyway, if your gut is telling you to take a visit to the sports medicine doctor, it's probably best to listen. :(

Oh no, I feel you on hip pain. What area hurts? Mine is on the outside (bursitis), it's tender to the touch (no burning like when my sciatica acts up) & hurt off & on running/walking/getting up from sitting, but luckily after avoiding hills, doing run/walk & not sleeping on that side ever, mine improves (I'm just dumb and overdo hills or sleep bad after it's better and it flares up, oops). I hope you get your pain figured out and what can help it, even if it means a trip to a doctor.

Thanks, gang! Injuries stink! I have an appointment next week with a sports medicine doctor who's specialty is hips, so hopefully he can figure out what's up. My PCP didn't think it was bursitis, maybe labrum, but she didn't really know. The pain feels like it is in the joint, not on the outside. It doesn't hurt to touch but hurts when I walk. The pain isn't terrible (I'd give it a 4), but it's been consistent without any real improvement for the last 3.5 weeks. Trying to be patient until my appointment but feeling like if it's not getting better by skipping the running, maybe I should just run. Rationally I know that's probably not the best idea. I feel like I just need a plan for what I can do for exercise right now if it's not running. Has anyone ever tried water running?

117. Insisting I have no idea why someone would buy such overpriced souvenirs then 5 minutes later falling in love with something that I absolutely must have.

This has never happened to me. Nope, not at all. Never. I have no frame of reference for such an occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter