• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2017!

Well...I'm planning on walking 13.1 miles around the parks to "earn" my medal...I guess. :confused3

Ha! Yeah I told my husband that at least my legs wouldn't be as tired for the marathon and he said, "No you'll just walk that much more in the parks."

Ultimately I'm in Florida at Disney World with my family. It was 14 degrees at home today. I'll manage to live with my disappointment. ;)

Ha! Yeah I told my husband that at least my legs wouldn't be as tired for the marathon and he said, "No you'll just walk that much more in the parks."

Ultimately I'm in Florida at Disney World with my family. It was 14 degrees at home today. I'll manage to live with my disappointment. ;)
And I cancelled my park day tomorrow to rest for the full...

Which poses another interesting question. How do you get the medals to the half marathon registrants?
When the sign went up early in Kidani, someone said we'd have to go to the expo to get them. Not sure if that's true
Have they cancelled before?
I think the Everest Challenge one year. Can't think of another.

same!! And this way I can do 13.1 with a tasty beverage or snack in hand. :teeth:

I'm doing Dopey and to be honest I haven't decided yet if i'm disappointed or not... On the one hand: Turn off the alarm clock (BIG plus!). On the other hand: Getting a medal for "nothing" feels weird somehow... Don't get me wrong - safety definitely comes first, and I'd rather have them cancel the race now rather than tomorrow after we all spent hours waiting in the rain. Just the thought of trying to get on a bus back to the hotel makes my feet hurt! :crazy2:

Good to know we are still getting our medals. Though now I'm going to be tempted to slap a 3/4 and a 1/2 onto my Dopey and Goofy medals.

I am going to run tomorrow because that is my routine. I will then rest for the marathon, because that is also a part of my routine. Really sorry for those coming in just for this. I understand your disappointment.

Wonder if Dopey runners will get a refund for the cost of the half.

Between the two surgeries and my pneumonia it probably is to my advantage that tomorrow is cancelled even if I'm in race shape but I'm still disappointed.

I'm headed to Magic Kingdom for some shenanigans and to see the Long Kiss Goodnight. Anyone else in the mood for last minute park time is welcome to join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter