Marathon Weekend 2017!

I barely made it for the 5K cast photo after forgetting my headphones at home and then having to haul behind down the 429. (I never take that road but the speed limit is higher!)

But at least I found it, unlike the one for Wine & Dine, where I was super early and just didn't know where the heck it was!

Our unusually hot Central Florida winter is forecasted to turn super cold (but dry, thankfully) for the Sunday marathon--low 40s. This is unsettling for us Floridians. My husband asked me what the daytime high would be for yesterday, Wednesday. I told him "75 degrees," and he replied, "I guess I'll wear my long pants, then."

If anyone is still packing or planning, amp up the throwaway outerwear for Sunday. I recommend gloves, hats, and anything you can spare to donate along the race course. The pre-race walking and standing time will be well over an hour, including quite a while after bag drop. It will be fffffffrrreeeeezzzzing.

Of course, the forecast for the Saturday Half is a completely different challenge--much warmer, mid-60s--but raining, and maybe thunder? Not running that race, but hope everyone who is running the half has a good rainwear strategy!

Just changed my flight due to "wintery mix" Thank you Southwest for allowing free changes!

Now have to go from 10% packed to fully packed a little faster than I had planned--so. much.to.do. Need hotel, do I need a car? Might as well get an extra day of tickets.....spinning.

Last night I had all the dreams in one--was late, lost my bib number, ran too slow, forgot my shoes....

Good Luck Everyone! You're all running and I just checked into my flight...so jealous and proud of you all!

its supposed to snow in Boston tomorrow starting right when my flight takes off so here's hoping I have no issues!

Can somebody tell me the pricing for the New Balance shoes? Also, are they offering any styles in kids sizes this year?
Mine were (I think) $130 plus tax.

The Mad Tea Party and Toy Story shoes are in kids sizes. If you look a few pages back in this thread, I posted pics of them yesterday. :)
Thanks. I had to manually input a space after 2017 for it to work for me, but it is good now. Got all my friends and family bibs linked.
Weird! I bet a lot of people have that issue. Glad you got it to work!

Good runnin' 5kers! How/what were the character photo ops?

Anything you share is greatly appreciated by us back at home :)
Thumper & flower, Vikings in Norway, daisy in Italy, chop&dale in Morocco, Donald in Canada, goofy by fountain view

Good runnin' 5kers! How/what were the character photo ops?

Anything you share is greatly appreciated by us back at home :)

And Moroccan Chip and Dale (I think). I missed science Goody!

Oh and what/how was the mini waves for release like within the corrals?

I think it drug out the start of the race. We had to wait quite a while for the last starters to go by before the buses could pick us up. I started in the first wave of C and finished in about 33 minutes - so I'm not speedy.

Hey didn't hand out space blankets this year, and I was starting to get chilled. Probably waited 15-ish minutes.

Oh and what/how was the mini waves for release like within the corrals?
They ran white behind each wave and spaced them 2 min apart in the corral. Relatively easy....still annoyed at people who walk but force themselves in front of the corral - and I was in A!!!! It's ok to walk in the faster corrals but do it on the side rather than in the damn middle. Come on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter