• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2016

205 mi in Sept.

Also use Excel, different tabs for tracking yearly, weekly, and daily miles along with the plan through the marathon.

hmmm seeing other's monthly mileage, maybe I should start keep tracking of mileage. Do you all keep track via your garmins/apps or just old notebooks or Excel, I only use Runkeeper somtimes? I used to in High School on a notebook then a few months ago I tried in Excel and then didn't get far.

I use the Map My Run app. It sends me emails at the end of each week & month with my total hours & miles for the period.

In my head. Most my routes I've done for years to know the mileage or can easily add on a couple miles here and there. I don't technically ever plan a run out, it's more on feel in the day & time if that makes sense. Or I just run for time too. Progess I don't track, I mean I know my PRs for my full & current half, but it gets foggy for like 5ks & 10ks, I'm slower than I used to be so I just go with it. I've got Excel setup, let's see how long it lasts, as I really want to track my shoe mileage just out of curiousity, I can estimate it though roughly now anyway.
That's very impressive. I'm love looking at data and trends in my running and Garmin makes that very easy to do. I also use it to keep up with miles on how ever many pairs of shoes I have in my rotation. The connect with others also reminds me just how far I have to go to reach the levels of my peers. For example I'm at 24 miles roughly for the week while my 3 of my friends are at 30 to 36 miles. I am motivated by them and understand how they do it. They can run 8-10 miles in a hour or less while I take a 1 hour 15 minutes. It's not that they spend more time running, they just cover more miles in the same time.

I'm all over the place with this post. Sorry.

I am not going to check my miles for September. I barely ran because of my foot. It will anger me greatly when I see just how little I ran so I am choosing to ignore it because I know I am doing the right thing and resting my foot. (It is feeling better. I ran a bit on the treadmill tonight and it didn't hurt at all.) I have a doctor's appt on 10/14. After that I can hopefully start things back up again.

Great job to everyone on the work you put in last month. I am jealous!

It's that time again. September Monthly Miles... What you got?

Run Total = 158.2 Miles
Bike Total = 18.21 Miles
Swim = 0

Hope everyone had a good month and good luck in October!

Finished September with 138 miles running, no bike or swim.

Run = 115 miles plus 26.2 for the Clarence DeMar Marathon last Sunday. PR'd by 11 minutes to 3:41, hoping that will get me the D corral for the Goofy. Did anyone else squeeze in a qualifying time?

Congrats! Huge PR and awesome time!

hmmm seeing other's monthly mileage, maybe I should start keep tracking of mileage. Do you all keep track via your garmins/apps or just old notebooks or Excel, I only use Runkeeper somtimes? I used to in High School on a notebook then a few months ago I tried in Excel and then didn't get far.

I use a medium to low tech combo.

For planning purposes: I have the Hanson marathon plan in a Excel worksheet. I can change the goal marathon pace and all the training runs adjust.
For tracking runs and mileage: http://www.running-log.com/calendar. I enter it online then record it in Excel too.
For where to run: I have half mile hashmarks painted on all the roads and can piece together any distance run just by adding segments. I also have 200 meter marks for intervals.
Timekeeping: Good old Timex watch. No GPS for me. I manage my pace (in both training and races), 1 mile at a time using the split button.

Need your help guys! I broke my toe and now can't run. What can I do in the meantime. I'm doing the 10k and we were at 4 miles for training. I can walk those distances but the movement of running agitates it. I know this because I ran on it before I knew it was broken. Any tips so I don't have to start from square one?

I don't know if they are on YouTube or not but he has his own website.

https://vimeo.com/fasteddie

I've never seen his videos so thanks for posting. The Marathon one is a good reminder about what I chose Disney for my first. I also watched the Avengers Half video and was reminded just how bad that wind was. Nothing like grit and dirt in the water at water stops.

Need your help guys! I broke my toe and now can't run. What can I do in the meantime. I'm doing the 10k and we were at 4 miles for training. I can walk those distances but the movement of running agitates it. I know this because I ran on it before I knew it was broken. Any tips so I don't have to start from square one?

Not having to do with training but just a general suggestion is to keep wearing closed toe shoes and tape it to the toe next to it if it needs support. I usually ignore these things and regret it. But is there any physical activities you can do that don't bother it? Bike ride? Anything just to make sure you're staying active.

Can you get to a pool and swim? That will help keep your endurance up some, or bike like said above. Otherwise I would keep up the walking if it doesn't hurt it. Hope it heal fast!

I am not going to check my miles for September. I barely ran because of my foot. It will anger me greatly when I see just how little I ran so I am choosing to ignore it because I know I am doing the right thing and resting my foot. (It is feeling better. I ran a bit on the treadmill tonight and it didn't hurt at all.) I have a doctor's appt on 10/14. After that I can hopefully start things back up again.

Great job to everyone on the work you put in last month. I am jealous!
After an entire summer of pain with plantar fasciitis, I totally understand and sympathize. Hope you can get back to it soon.

For example I'm at 24 miles roughly for the week while my 3 of my friends are at 30 to 36 miles. I am motivated by them and understand how they do it. They can run 8-10 miles in a hour or less while I take a 1 hour 15 minutes. It's not that they spend more time running, they just cover more miles in the same time.

I had just been using runkeeper on my phone to track. I have had 2 nike GPS watches but most of my peer group was on runkeeper so I wanted to be on that for the motivation. Just in the past week I've started using a Garmin 220 to track stuff. I sync it to runkeeper using Tapiriik.
It's very motivating for me to look at people I'm training with and see the pace they are doing their speedwork or tempos. Most of the people I track are about the same pace as me. Everyonce in a while we have a friend that will bust out a sub 7mm for a 6-10 mile run but that's rare.

As other's have mentioned look at what you can do to keep up your cardio. Elliptical machines, walking on a treadmill with the elevation raised pretty high, exercise bike are all good options.

Hello all! I'm new to DIS and also new to RunDisney events, but this will be my first marathon and I'm so glad to be joining a community of fellow Disney fans + runners! Just wanted to say hi :)

Welcome

It's that time again. September Monthly Miles... What you got?

280ish

Bellanotte - which toe? I broke my pinky toe during training a few years back and was fine after a few days off as long as I worse really sloppy fitting shoes (which caused other problems, but whatever).

For logging miles: Runningahead

Dumb question that's probably been answered a thousand times: Is there any way to look up your proof of time submissions?

Thanks WhereInFlorida. Do you know if there's any way to access that info for other races? With Marathon weekend POT due, I'm kind of bugging out that I might have forgotten to submit for W&D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter