Manual chair vs Power chair?

dumbox2

Earning My Ears
Hi! Hoping someone has experience with this. In the past I have always used a manual chair in the parks because it was easier for traveling. This year I have the option of bringing my power chair. How limited will I be in the parks using my power chair versus my manual? I know rides you can go on in a chair must be a manual chair, correct? What about waiting in lines and transferring to the rides? What about the monorail and buses? My brother and DH are experts at throwing me on rides but not sure how the power chair will effect things. Anything I'm not thinking of? Any been there/done that advice? Thanks!

In general, power wheelchairs are handled the same as manual chairs.
In most cases, a power wheelchair will be able to go on all the accessible ride vehicles the same as a manual wheelchair.
Most of the accessible ride vehicles are not ECV accessible because they don’t turn as sharply as a manual or power wheelchair, but as long as your power wheelchair fits in a space no longer than 48 inches and no wider than 30 inches, it should fit.
You would be able to bring your power wheelchair anywhere you took your manual wheelchair, including the buses and monorail. It works the same way with the power.

If you are going to Universal or Islands of Adventure, be aware that they don’t allow power wheelchairs or ECVs in any of their lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter