Mandymouse's '5 Days to book a holiday !! .... You Must Be Kidding' Report

Well, I have only been away from here for a few weeks.. last time we spoke you had nothing booked.. I log back on and you have booked it, packed it, been and come back.... :cool1: :rotfl2:
This is brilliant.. I love reading your reviews and seeing your photos.... :dance3:
Can't wait for the next episode... :yay:

Wow, just catching up on your report, you have been very busy Mandy.

I love your pictures of the Ship, she is beautiful. :)

Great report & fab photos as usual. I look forward to the rest:goodvibes

Great report as always Mandy.

How lucky to have a last minute trip like this.

Tam

Sunday 6th May

We both slept really well last night. I woke around 7.30am, and got up just after 8. We got changed, and I enjoyed a cafe latte in the Cove Cafe before we found a couple of loungers on top deck.

DSC08676.jpg

We enjoyed a couple of hours sunbathing and reading in the mid 70's temperatures, which was lovely, not too hot at all. Around 11.30 we enjoyed a Captain Mai Tai each (the drink of the day), and shortly after, Paul announced it was lunch o'clock

We dropped our books etc back at the room, where we found a message from Palo on the phone for a High Tea reservation for later that day. I rang back and our reservation for 3pm was confirmed (yay!!! :yay:)

We decided on a light lunch due to our High Tea later in the afternoon, so just had some tuna wraps and fruit (oh and another Mai Tai) to see us through

After lunch we had a mooch around the shops (we didn't see much there), then chilled in our room for a while, before getting changed for Palo

We were shown to our table, and Laszlo was our server. First we were given some water with a slice of lemon, then we chose our tea, and being English, we chose a good old English breakfast tea :rotfl: Next we were brought out a cake stand with salmon, egg & cress, cheese & pickle and cucumber sandwiches and petit fours, it was all delicious, and once finished we were brought out some fruit scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream (Mmm)

DSC08675.jpg

DSC08671.jpg

DSC08668.jpg

DSC08658.jpg

DSC08662.jpg

DSC08661.jpg

DSC08660.jpg

DSC08664.jpg

DSC08663.jpg

DSC08665.jpg

DSC08667.jpg

DSC08669.jpg

We really enjoyed it, and were so pleased that a reservation had become available (especially as High Tea is being discontinued on the ships :sad2:). We thanked our server who informed us that he would be serving us the next evening for Dinner

We returned to our stateroom to chat to Kerry & Becky on-line, then we got changed into our swimwear and had another hour or so on top deck

Later on we got changed for dinner which tonight was in the Enchanted Garden. It was also Formal Night, so we donned our gowns and tux (nah! That's not us, it was a nice maxi dress for me and shirt for hubby)

DSC08677.jpg

DSC_3783.jpg

DSC_3786.jpg

The evening started with free cocktails at the Captain's Reception in the Atrium. We had a couple of delicious free raspberry rum based cocktails, and sat people watching as they went by in their formal wear

DSC08683.jpg

DSC08682.jpg

At 8.15pm we went down to the Enchanted Garden after picking up a Mai Tai from the bar and we met our table mates Leonard & Phyliss (Joe & Joan had gone to Palo tonight). To start I had the tomato soup, Paul had the soup too, then I had chicken and Paul had the sea bass, and to finish off I had Sweet Temptations and Paul had Strawberry Cheesecake

DSC08690.jpg

DSC08689.jpg

After dinner I got changed and we headed to The Tube for the disco. A Castmember walked past and Paul recognised him as DJ Matt from the Magic who was also from the UK. We called him over and he sat with us for about 20 minutes talking about the ship and football, it was lovely that he took the time out to chat

DSC08693.jpg

DSC08701.jpg

DSC08695.jpg

DSC08696.jpg

DSC08697.jpg

Matt from the UK taking a photo of himself :rotfl:

We left around midnight, and it was time for beddy-byes

DSC08692.jpg

Tomorrow ~ Another Day at Sea

Every time I read a DCL report, it makes me want to jump online and book! Shame that DBF isn't insterested in taking a Disney Cruise :-(

I'll just have to live through you... Loving your report Mandy!
Xx

Lovely day Mandy. Did you find the adult only areas crowded on the ship? particularly the pool area?

Love the pic of Matt - we have a hilarious video of him from our last cruise miming to songs while he was doing the disco on Castaway Cay. He is such a poser :rotfl:

I've just caught up..

I have to agree about the Travel Lodge Mand, we were shocked at how grubby it seemed compared to last year. The rooms are so bland, I know it's cheap, but the Premier Inn looks so much nicer.

It looks like you had a great time at Cocoa Beach, I will have to get to KSC one day. It must have been so exciting to watch the other ships leaving, and it looks like yon had fun at Grills.

Wow, the ship looks amazing, lovely pics, I want to go to all the bars, she looks beautiful. I pulled a mournful face at Ian and suggested we swap for New Year, but he is having none of it.

Loving your frocks, you look lovely, Ian wants to know where Pauls shorts came from. Ian also wants to know what is that drink you have in The Tube.

Nom nom to high tea, I want s scone now!

Very impressed with the drink count, can't wait for the next post.

Mandy - GREAT report so far... LOVE all the pics!!! Looks like you guys had a great time - I can't wait to read more!!!!!

mmmm High tea looks yummy.

Your dress is lovely Mandy :)

:hug: Thanks for reading my trippy, and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments

Lovely day Mandy. Did you find the adult only areas crowded on the ship? particularly the pool area?

Love the pic of Matt - we have a hilarious video of him from our last cruise miming to songs while he was doing the disco on Castaway Cay. He is such a poser :rotfl:

As we tended to sunbathe early in the morning (leaving around 11.30) then back out after 4, we never found the adult pool area busy, the only times onboard it got crazy busy was at Pirate Night and character greetings, mainly family activities :)

Mandy, where did Paul get his shorts from? I want a pair!

I've just caught up..

I have to agree about the Travel Lodge Mand, we were shocked at how grubby it seemed compared to last year. The rooms are so bland, I know it's cheap, but the Premier Inn looks so much nicer.

It looks like you had a great time at Cocoa Beach, I will have to get to KSC one day. It must have been so exciting to watch the other ships leaving, and it looks like yon had fun at Grills.

Wow, the ship looks amazing, lovely pics, I want to go to all the bars, she looks beautiful. I pulled a mournful face at Ian and suggested we swap for New Year, but he is having none of it.

Loving your frocks, you look lovely, Ian wants to know where Pauls shorts came from. Ian also wants to know what is that drink you have in The Tube.

Nom nom to high tea, I want s scone now!

Very impressed with the drink count, can't wait for the next post.

If you are refering to Paul's colourful shorts, then they're from Hollister :)

Jules, that drinky was a Captain Mai Tai, you can just make out the dark rum float on the top
drinking-cocktail.gif

Another fab frock and that afternoon tea looked so dainty and delish
the swans, too cute. We're you the only ones in there?

I am so falling in love with the Fantasy right now I can't begin to tell you.... your Trippie is coming along nicely I'm really enjoying your trip .....soooo relaxing!

Mandy, you look fabulous, loving the trippie, I so want to go on the fantasy. Enjoying this sooo much:):goodvibes:goodvibes

Mandy, great trip report! I can't wait for our Sept trip.

Your pictures are great, however I was noticing in most of them there are very few people in the background, such as at tea and in the Tube. Is this just a matter of when you took the pictures, was the ship fairly empty, or is it the Fantasy is so large there is plenty of space without feeling crowded?

Phil -

Two things strike me looking at your pics. One, you must pack WAYYYY better than I do, I am useless at packing. :rolleyes1 Second, Paul remembers that there's a timer on the camera...why oh WHY do we not remember that and then take stupid pictures with just one of us in them? :confused3

We must just have missed each other in the Tube that night, we got there about midnight and closed the place down. :rotfl2:

Good so far, can't wait for the St. Maarten report. popcorn::

Mandy...just catching up with your trip pie...fab pics!! I love your purple dress its beautiful on you! Going at such short notice....good for you!!Looking forward to more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter