Mandalorian Season 3

Skywalker3

DIS Veteran
Just starting a thread in anticipation! 4 days. I am hoping for lots of Mandalore, Mandalorians, Bo-Katan, and hopefully some surprises, like characters not yet seen in live-action, or maybe some references from the sequels. Who's excited??

Last edited:
Just starting a thread in anticipation! 4 days. I am hoping for lots of Mandalore, Mandalorians, Bo-Katan, and hopefully some surprises, like characters not yet seen in live-action, or maybe some references from the sequels. Who's excited??
I was surprised this week to see Season 1 on the networks!!!! I thought disney would keep it for their D+ channel??? But I am happy I can watch it again.

I've been rewatching th efirst two seasons and will plow through Boba Fett too before the premiere.

Well - it's out!

Thoughts:

It was a quick but good episode with lot so beauty shots. Mando's N1 is a beast! Have fun going up against it. The reveal that there is a passage so Grogu can get from the bubble to the cockpit - that was bothering me! Navarro looks cool and nice now, though Karga is a bit haughty with his bronze busts and cape carrying droids. The pirates were extra cool, with great designs and ships. But, of course it was great to see some Anzellan droid smiths!

Should be a fun season!

Last edited:

Great, solid start! So excited for more Mandalore. It was just WAY too short. Kinda rushed. I wanted much more time with Bo-Katan. I thought all of that could've been several more mins. Loved those Anzellians. "Bad baby." Idon't always like cutesy creatures in SW, but for some reason I like them, and Babu Frick.
Also loved seeing

Last edited:
I thought it was shot well and looked great, but just disappointed that it really didn't do anything. Revisited some old characters. He says he needs to go to Mandalore, but then goes to all these other places.
While I enjoyed it, I thought it was a step back from previous seasons. Hoping it gets better.
Hoping they do something with Bo-Katan, otherwise that scene was useless.
The entire pirate scene was very fun.
If this episode was just to reintroduce the characters and not advance anything til the next episode, than it did what it was supposed to.

I thought it was shot well and looked great, but just disappointed that it really didn't do anything. Revisited some old characters. He says he needs to go to Mandalore, but then goes to all these other places.
While I enjoyed it, I thought it was a step back from previous seasons. Hoping it gets better.
Hoping they do something with Bo-Katan, otherwise that scene was useless.
The entire pirate scene was very fun.
If this episode was just to reintroduce the characters and not advance anything til the next episode, than it did what it was supposed to.

He can't go to Mandalore proper without help because the surface was decimated by the Empire. He has to get that IG unit working for one, so I don't think we'll see him set foot on Mandalore for a bit yet.

She’s supposed to be co-starring this season so I suspect we’ll see a lot more of her.
Hope thats true. Even last year, there just seemed to be so much more you could do with her character, which they didn't. maybe we will see that this year.

Episode 2 was so much better. It will be interesting to see where they go now. Was not expecting them to find the living waters this early in the season. Will it become a battle for mandalore? Many options ahead.

Loved the second episode. Was very surprised they went there as soon as they did! seems like we've now seen a lot of what they've included in the trailer. Loved seeing more Bo Katan, especially with the darksaber. And the big reveal at the end!

VERY interesting Mando today:

It's channelling Andor with the Couruscant storyline. It was very cool to see the New Republic functioning on a day-to-day level. I was glad to see the female officer too - she was cool. Streaming shows do this weird thing though where they run with one storyline/scene for so long, sometimes a full episode, instead of interspersing the stories and hopping back and forth. I find that jarring, though at least this one did have Mando & Bo at the bedinning and end - and the fighter battle at the beginning was awesome! All told though, I might rather judt watch Pershing's story altogether.

VERY interesting Mando today:

It's channelling Andor with the Couruscant storyline. It was very cool to see the New Republic functioning on a day-to-day level. I was glad to see the female officer too - she was cool. Streaming shows do this weird thing though where they run with one storyline/scene for so long, sometimes a full episode, instead of interspersing the stories and hopping back and forth. I find that jarring, though at least this one did have Mando & Bo at the bedinning and end - and the fighter battle at the beginning was awesome! All told though, I might rather judt watch Pershing's story altogether.
Agree!! Jarring is a great word to describe how I felt after that....and odd. Not bad, but still felt odd.
Very much liked seeing the New Republic developing, having to deal w all the people, bureaucracy, etc. and not necessarily in a great way. Got the Andor vibes too. Did love the beginning and end, with the Mandalorians. Why do you think all those ships were on Kalevala? Great battle scene. Also thought there might be more of a confrontation at the end w Vizla, but am looking forward to seeing how this all plays out, w Bo and the rest of that grou

Agree!! Jarring is a great word to describe how I felt after that....and odd. Not bad, but still felt odd. Very much liked seeing the New Republic developing, having to deal w all the people, bureaucracy, etc. and not necessarily in a great way. Got the Andor vibes too. Did love the beginning and end, with the Mandalorians. Why do you think all those ships were on Kalevala? Great battle scene. Also thought there might be more of a confrontation at the end w Vizla, but am looking forward to seeing how this all plays out, w Bo and the rest of that group.

Yeah, I guess I just like the traditional storytelling where a show would slip back and forth between seperate sequences - it seems to tie them together more. If they had done that with Boba Fett, like checking in with Mando a little bit at a time, it would have flowed better. At least this episode did have Mando in it. Bad Batch does do this with the Crosshair episodes too, though in that case the show is so heavily thematic, and Crosshair IS one of the Batch so, it works a little better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter