Man Falls at California Adventure

From the article:

The Anaheim Police Department says the man, whose name has been withheld, was walking to the top of the attraction at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when he fell over a railing and landed about 20 feet below.

Uh huh. I know those railings. He'd have to be sitting on top of it to fall over.

Just saw this on our local ABC news break during GMA. They are reporting he was 19, drunk, and fell off one of the rails on the ride, falling 25 feet. Only place I can think can happen is while you are waiting in the basement to board on the upper floor. If he was sitting on the rail (you know they tell you all the time not to sit on the rails!) and fell it would have been about 20-25 feet.

First thing I thought of was he may have gotten drunk at Glow Fest. Yes, he is reportedly only 19, but that doesn't stop a guest 21 or over buying him drinks and giving them to him.

Here's the link to the article in the local Orange County Register.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/fall-262779-disney-tower.html

from the article

"The guest was standing in line with friends on a second-floor platform when he climbed over a barrier to the area below and lost his balance and fell approximately 25 feet," said Disney spokeswoman Suzi Brown in a prepared statement.

Martinez said the man made a comment about how it would be funny if someone fell just moments before the fall.

Here's the link from ABC local news
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7618426

Police said the man was waiting in line to get on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride when he climbed over a railing and told his friends, "wouldn't it be funny if I fell." The man plunged about 20 to 25 feet. Officials said the man had been drinking alcohol before he fell.

The man was transported to the UC Irvine Medical Center. Police said he did not break any bones. The man just suffered some abrasions and was released from the hospital early Thursday morning.

I wonder if they'll change anything at Glow Fest after this? Can you imagine how much it would cost at GF to get drunk?:scared1:

(Anyone else thinking "thinning of the herd"?):laughing:

I don't understand where he could of fallen from, can someone give me a visual??

I am assuming the loading area. And yes, he would have to be sitting on the railing because there is no way to just "fall" over the railing. I feel for him and his family, but I wish more parents would read this an stop letting their kids climb and sit on the queue railings.

I giggled a bit just imagining someone walking around the area with railings then just falling 20 feet.

Oh well, hope for a speedy recovery.

the modesto bee!! one of my local papers! :)
anyways, he caused his own injury but leaning over the railing. it's not like the ride itself failed and caused it.
hope he isn't hurt too badly!

The Modesto Bee!! one of my local papers! :)
anyways, he caused his own injury but leaning over the railing. it's not like the ride itself failed and caused it.
hope he isn't hurt too badly!

We wasn't (see above). He's already been released. And he wasn't leaning, he climbed over (on) the railing and mentioned to his friends "wouldn't it be funny if I fell!" Completely his own fault.

Just saw this on our local ABC news break during GMA. They are reporting he was 19, drunk, and fell off one of the rails on the ride, falling 25 feet. Only place I can think can happen is while you are waiting in the basement to board on the upper floor. If he was sitting on the rail (you know they tell you all the time not to sit on the rails!) and fell it would have been about 20-25 feet.

First thing I thought of was he may have gotten drunk at Glow Fest. Yes, he is reportedly only 19, but that doesn't stop a guest 21 or over buying him drinks and giving them to him.

Here's the link to the article in the local Orange County Register.
http://www.ocregister.com/news/fall-262779-disney-tower.html

from the article

Here's the link from ABC local news
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7618426

I wonder if they'll change anything at Glow Fest after this? Can you imagine how much it would cost at GF to get drunk?:scared1:

(Anyone else thinking "thinning of the herd"?):laughing:

it may not have been glow fest they have security all around there is no way he could of gotten away , i even have been asked if i have id from security when sipping my beers, besides there is not enough alcohol in those drinks to get a cow drunk.. he could of gotten drunk in the parking lot, who knows.

but the thing is teenage kids can do some really not so bright things...

it may not have been glow fest they have security all around there is no way he could of gotten away , i even have been asked if i have id from security when sipping my beers, besides there is not enough alcohol in those drinks to get a cow drunk.. he could of gotten drunk in the parking lot, who knows.

but the thing is teenage kids can do some really not so bright things...

I was a perfect teen, I didn't slide my car over a cliff, I didn't go past signs that said don't enter, I never got caught in an avalanche in a closed area, I never had to get alchohol pumped from my stomach. I just got lucky a bunch of times, but my friends did not fare as well.

Ya, I would never assume the alcohol came from glowfest. I've often wished the water bottle I brought in with me was filled with vodka since security never asks, but that only happens some days when I'm dealing with my family :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter