Mammogram Scare....Need Advice

JohnTigger'sMom

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
It's been awhile since I've posted but I still check in and read the posts frequently. I need some advice and what better place to come to than here...right? My Dr. called today and my mammogram came back abnormal. He said something about a spot that looked suspicious so I'm going next Wednesday for a diagnostic mammogram and a sonogram. I really think everything will be fine but my dilemma is whether to tell my husband now or wait until after I find out something more definitive. Normally, I would tell him immediately but he's leaving the country next Thursday for a week. He would be worried sick about this if I tell him now and I really don't won't to put a damper on his trip if it turns out to be nothing. This trip has been planned for months and I would really hate to ruin it for him. Yet, if I do wait and get negative results on Wednesday, what then? So, my question is, tell him now or wait? Please, any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Cindy

I would tell him now. Assure him that usually these turn out okay.

I think someone else posted something similar this past couple of weeks.

Tell him.

Lots of women have this scare. Most of the time it's absolutely nothing.

You should tell him. You are right, it is probably nothing as many of these things usually are. Women go through this all the time.

You should let him know just so you get that off your mind. You will worry about not telling him. You don't need to worry. You can let him know it was nothing as soon as you find out and can celebrate either over email or phone.

It is way too soon to worry.

I would tell him. I think it is Bumcat who is going through the exact same thing now too.

I have been through this. It is scary but , for me, everything was fine.

I would tell him. I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out to be just cysts but I needed the moral support of my husband just the same. I think you should tell him.

Good luck with this.

First, Cindy, my best wishes for your upcoming followup. Hope all goes well, my prayers are with you. Let us know how things go, please.

And yes, I agree, tell him he is your hubby.

Hugs,

Dan :sunny:

I'd tell him. He might be hurt if you don't share this with him.

I'm sure you are concerned, but try not to worry too much. Most of the time it turns out to be nothing to worry about. However, I am glad to hear that you are going back to check it out. I've been there. Mine was breast cancer, but I'm doing great. I'm heading towards my 2 year survivor date. If you need a friend to talk to, send me a PM.

I agree with the others that you should tell him. I went through the same thing and my husband's support helped me tremendously. Wouldn't you want to know if he was facing similar circumstances? I wish you all of the best and hope that everything works out alright. It usually does.

I agree with the others-you should tell him. I think he would be hurt if you kept this from him. And don't you think it would lighten your burden of worry if you could share it with him? I'm sure he could reassure you and would be very supportive. It's not unusual to have more detailed images done. Most likely it's a cyst problem. Please keep us posted. We're all here for ya', babe. HUGS TO YOU!!!!

Cindy, I agree with everyone else..go ahead and tell him. I went through the same thing and everything turned out fine. I thought about not saying anything but I finally told my boyfriend and didn't realize how relieved I would be just having someone else know about it and to hold me and say "Hey, everything's going to be fine." I had additional mammogram and a sonogram and everything was fine. My prayers are with you. Good luck. Brenda

Tell him, you should share things like that with your SO, I had the same scare afew yrs ago, and went for the other tests you are going to have. I just have dense breasts, lots of lumpy tissue that block a regular mammogram, now I need a sonagram every time! Its a pain, but I know I have to to have them to be sure all is well. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter