Malaea's PJ&TR: Randy Chapman Pics/Video Blog Online; Disney Videography

malaea3

Mouseketeer
Hi all! First let me say thank you everyone on the boards. I booked my Disney Wedding in July and you all have helped me make some key decisions so far. I figured it was time for me to make a PJ and stop just dropping in on occasion.

My DF and I met in highschool but we never even considered each other since I dated his bestfriend most of highschool. After college and grad school and living in a few different places we both ended up back in Atlanta. We had moved back to be near family. I came from New Orleans and thankfully moved a few weeks before Katrina. Once the storm hit things were crazy since I was the only person from my group of friends that had left before the storm. None of our phones worked and email was the only way to communicate. I spent months reconnecting friends and housed a Katrina victim for 6 months. It was quite the experience and I am grateful that my friends are safe though my heart goes out to those who lost loves ones and homes.

Anyway, since my initial 7 months back home were a whirlwind I did not start getting involved in the community until I had been back for sometime. I decided to create a myspace account and was able to reconnect with tons of old friend. My DF happened to be one of those people. We dated for about a year and he proposed last February (2007). He is Mr Romance so he gave me rose; had a limo take us around the city and to dinner; his dad gave us an old bottle of wine he was keeping for something like this which tasted amazing; and he later proposed amongst candles and rose petals. The best part was he had contacted some of my friends from highschool and college and my family, and put together a DVD with pictures and music of us growing up, meeting in HS, going our seperate ways, re-meeting on myspace, dating and then at the end he popped the questions. It was FABULOUS!!!

It took about 5 months to finally set a date due to some family emergencies but things finally calmed down enough for me to focus on the wedding. I went back and forth from having a DW to keeping it in the ATL. After seeing my insanely long guest list in ATL I made the decision to move it to the most wonderful place on earth:)

My site visit really sealed the deal. Pam Pearce gave a a great tour and went through everything with my mom and I. Mom was sold in about 10 minutes and is now SO excited. Also, I am a workaholic so the support Disney provides was a big selling point.

I love Disney and have collected Disney movies and paraphernalia since I was a kid. I am so excited to have my dream wedding take place.

I will try and post some pictures soon. :rotfl:

The night we got engaged!
IMG_1606.jpg

Our little family...our furball Cutter
IMG_2986.jpg

My dress...I do not have one of me in it yet. It will be floorlength...its too short on the model.
mydress.jpg

My bridesmaids dress options...I'll take any suggestions. The color will be chocolate.
PaigeBMdress.jpg

OR
On my friend Lori. It has roushing all the way down the dress. She is pulling it up because we prefer it shorter.
img_2627.jpg

Ok, my planning session is this Friday and I feel like I am totally not ready but hopefully it will go well. Celeste is my planner and I love her! Oh....and this is my DF's first trip to Disney since he was a kid. Should be fun
:scared:

So exciting! I like dress #2. Good luck with the meeting!

Ok, my planning session is this Friday and I feel like I am totally not ready but hopefully it will go well. Celeste is my planner and I love her! Oh....and this is my DF's first trip to Disney since he was a kid. Should be fun
:scared:

Awesome! Have a lot of fun! Mine is next friday... also with Celeste... so let me know how it goes, ok? Enjoy your trip!

First of all, congratulations! Second -- that dress is going to be absolutely stunning on you! Geez, you two are so beautiful together, you belong on the cover of a bride's magazine! :)

You're dress is gorgeous!! It looks so romantic. And I saw you ring on the e-ring thread. It's just as beautiful. You should post it here too.

When is your wedding day? From your ticker, it seems like its a couple of weeks after mine.

I will definately post my ring and add my wedding dates and locations to my signature. Can't believe I forgot to do that!

Thank you for the kind words keenercam. Looks like you are a runner. My DF is as well. I am pushing him to train for a full marathon instead of just talk about it. He has done a bunch of halfs. Maybe after all the wedding stuff calms down he can focus on that goal. I am trying to get into triathlons, but am a swimmer , so the biking and running thing is killing me.

Thank you for the kind words keenercam. Looks like you are a runner. My DF is as well. I am pushing him to train for a full marathon instead of just talk about it. He has done a bunch of halfs. Maybe after all the wedding stuff calms down he can focus on that goal. I am trying to get into triathlons, but am a swimmer , so the biking and running thing is killing me.

Actually, I walk and jog in intervals. I was really sick for almost 10 years with a heart condition and when I was healthy after my 4th surgery, I took up walking on the TM. Now, I'm part of the WISH team here on the boards, and we train for and do Disney endurance races. There are all sorts of distances from 5k to marathon and there are triathlons there, too. The races are a great excuse for Disney trips. LOL!! You should convince your DF to train for the 2009 marathon weekend--there is a 5k, half marathon and marathon that weekend. :cool1: It is the experience of a lifetime! Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Have fun at your planning session! I'll be in town too... just finishing up last minute wedding plans!

Sorry for taking forever in telling everyone abot the planning session. To put it in brief the whole experience was amazing!

Celeste, my planner, was so helpful and simply fun to work with. We went over everything which was of course a bit overwhelming but thankfully I went in pretty well prepared and knew what I wanted. Rose, the floral person, was great. She was enthusiastic and had all sorts of ideas. I am confident in both Rose and Celeste to execute the wedding perfectly.

I will say that the coolest part was the food tasting. We had it in the Floridian kitchen which was so cool. They had the head chef there, his sous chef and one other chef there to explain everything! My df thought the food was the best he had ever eaten. Our menu is not typical. We are having a mediterranian pre-reception followed by puerto rican food for the reception so it was not what the kitchen reguarly cooks. I must say that everything was perfect. The kibbi balls and paella were dead on which isnt easy to accomplish. We did a wine tasting along with the meal which led to an interesting afternoon and some nap time:) Oh, we are having sliders (mini hamburgers) towards the end of the reception and I must say that the floridian makes them super yummy. We are doing a table with an assortment of sliders, beef, turkey and veggie options. That is my df's favorite part.

In the end I am just happy that my mother liked everything, which is not an easy thing to accomplish. My younger sister of course hit on the sous chef the whole time and will probably be seeing him again the next time we are down there. She is the crazy one:) Other than that I would just tell everyone not to eat before your tasting because it was practially a 5 course meal.
Ill post pic shortly. :yay:

My younger sister of course hit on the sous chef the whole time and will probably be seeing him again the next time we are down there. She is the crazy one:)

i don't think i've posted in your journal before, but that is so funny! happy planning! can't wait to see pics!

The food tasting at the Floridian was great. Because our menu is not typical I am going back down in Feb. for another tasting. We are having a mediterranian pre-reception (mezza table) and a spanish reception. Here is my menu breakdown. This isnt completely final yet. I still have to taste the chicken and pork which were at the first tasting.

PRE-RECEPTION
Mezza Table (Spanakopitas; Meat pie/Kibbi Balls; Chicken skewers; Grape Leaves (vegetarian); Grapes)

PLATED DINNER
Appetizer
Hummus: have a pre-set plate with hummus varieties/dips and pita on the tables while speeches are going on. Something for guests to nibble.

Salad
Caesar Salad (totally doesnt go with meal but it was too good to turn down)

Small Entrée
Paella (wish this could be the main course, but apparently it isnt something that all would like)

Entrée
Pollo Asado
Spanish Roast Pork
Sweet Plantains
Spanish Rice

Bread
Rolls and Butter

Dessert
Wedding Cake with Icecream and strawberries (note I will do cake cutting before the meal so can cake be cut while people are eating)

Coffees and Teas
Served with dessert and throughout reception.

Mid-Reception (8PM)
Sliders (mini hamburgers): as discussed, have a variety (turkey, beef, and veggie) brought out mid reception. Please make the sliders smaller than we had at the tasting session.

I am so hungry now! Can I come to your wedding?

Wow!
Those looks really good... mla1977 was right, could we come to your wedding? :rotfl:
So do you have to talk to the chef separately to have these items for tasting beforehand? I'm curious because I'm thinking of asking for items which are not on the samples menu but I didn't know if that was allowed or how to go about it...

wow. that sounds wounderful and i love how you are using oyur cultures. i think it will be unique and beautiful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter