• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making lowball offers to match what is showing up on Fidelity?

Does anyone think this offer will be taken from ROFR. I sort of low balled not thinking they would accept and we could negotiate and they agreed. Now in ROFR a few days and thinking uggghh Disney is going to take it.

OKW $92.00 per point, $13,800, 150pt 22/150, 23/150, 24/150 i pay closing costs
Nah, that's not even the lowest OKW I've seen recently. I think you'll be fine, Disney isn't taking anything these days.

How much lower than the 'asking' price do people typically offer? I have no idea what would be considered a good offer or a lowball offer.

How much lower than the 'asking' price do people typically offer? I have no idea what would be considered a good offer or a lowball offer.
I took off 25% which sounds INSANE, but they were waaaaaaay overpriced and it had been sitting for MONTHS. Now of course they're listing for not much more than what I paid, but it was the contract I wanted so I'm ok with it.

I took off 25% which sounds INSANE, but they were waaaaaaay overpriced and it had been sitting for MONTHS. Now of course they're listing for not much more than what I paid, but it was the contract I wanted so I'm ok with it.

I'm looking at VGC and it just seems like a whole different ball game compared to the WDW villa resales. I feel like taking 25% off for VGC would be a lot.

I'm looking at VGC and it just seems like a whole different ball game compared to the WDW villa resales. I feel like taking 25% off for VGC would be a lot.
100%! I had been stalking pricing and was also looking at the estimated broker & instant sale price to figure out how much I thought I could push it. And honestly, I NEVER thought they would accept without countering, so as many have said, you never know until you try - it just takes 1!

100%! I had been stalking pricing and was also looking at the estimated broker & instant sale price to figure out how much I thought I could push it. And honestly, I NEVER thought they would accept without countering, so as many have said, you never know until you try - it just takes 1!

Where do you find the estimated broker and instant sale prices exactly?

VGC is a completely different animal than any other DVC resort. It is small and exclusive.

Also, it is the easiest resort to rent or transfer points and so an owners can easily wait out soft markets with rental income.

With that said, look at the average DVC sale price reports (they will show you what things sold for, not listed for) at some of the larger brokerage sites to get an idea of where the market currently is.

It seems that currently there is seller resistance at around $240 with the occasional blip where a broker drops the price and it gets snapped up quickly.

VGC is a completely different animal than any other DVC resort. It is small and exclusive.

Also, it is the easiest resort to rent or transfer points and so an owners can easily wait out soft markets with rental income.

With that said, look at the average DVC sale price reports (they will show you what things sold for, not listed for) at some of the larger brokerage sites to get an idea of where the market currently is.

It seems that currently there is seller resistance at around $240 with the occasional blip where a broker drops the price and it gets snapped up quickly.

Where do I see the average DVC sales price reports? Probably somewhere obvious but I haven't seen them, I don't think.

When I sold my VGC back in October it sold for $275pp Listed at $280 and it was stripped because I transferred all the points out. At the Time DVC resale market had 5 VGC listed. Now there are 12 and they are all being reduced and reduced again. These are dropping pretty fast. at one point they were over $300 which is when I listed mine. If your buying a large contract I would toss a low ball offer. Its at least worth a try

When I sold my VGC back in October it sold for $275pp Listed at $280 and it was stripped because I transferred all the points out. At the Time DVC resale market had 5 VGC listed. Now there are 12 and they are all being reduced and reduced again. These are dropping pretty fast. at one point they were over $300 which is when I listed mine. If your buying a large contract I would toss a low ball offer. Its at least worth a try

We likely won't be looking to buy for another year so I'm just learning all I can now and watching. If things were to drop a LOT....we might be tempted to buy sooner rather than later though. We shall see!

VGC is a small product and until now exclusive to DLR. VDH will change this. If it comes out at $220-230pp as anticipated and purchase incentives, that will put tremendous pressure on VGC resale to be within shouting distance of that as a premium boutique product over buying direct VDH.

If there's no resale restrictions on VDH, that will REALLY pressure VGC lower and even drag BELOW the direct sales market of VDH. I doubt Disney will have no restrictions and will be more in line with Riviera being DVC 2.0.

I see a lot of lowball offers being accepted, it's the only reason I am in the market. I made 3 offers last week (all countered way too high, or denied), & another got accepted today. So all the brokers asking too much (or contracts just being listed too high, or "not accepting offers, only full price") will not be selling as much that's for sure.
I won't mention any names, but I made an offer of $125 earlier this week on a $145 contract, & was denied because they "weren't accepting offers", then got an offer accepted for $99 today on a very similar small contract for the same location. ;)
If one broker (or their clients) doesn't want to make deals, move on to another.!!

And yes if VGC gets insanely low, I may jump on that as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter