Making lowball offers to match what is showing up on Fidelity?

Was that within the last couple of weeks? Because prices have crashed and they are going to lose money if they don’t adjust those instant sale prices.
I don’t think prices have “crashed”, per se. My threshold for a crash is a 40-50% drop in price.

An instant sale AUL 200 point contract is at $90pp with seller paying all unused dues and closing costs.

Was that within the last couple of weeks? Because prices have crashed and they are going to lose money if they don’t adjust those instant sale prices.
It was last month, but if you check now, the price went down a few dollars pp, but again, this is a 50 pt contract, so they are priced higher. I'm sure if I was selling a 200+ contract, the price would be much lower

Anyone have any thoughts on how low of an offer is going to just be “insulting” and piss off the broker and/or not be communicated because you’re seen as wasting time? At this point https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ seems to be running $25-$30 less per point with it’s listings for nearly every type of contract. (And the contracts are generally way more loaded) than the board sponsor or some of the other big players. If I make an offer that is $20 or $25 below list price on, for example DVC Resale Market, am I just wasting everyone’s time? Even if those are the prices that are showing on Fidelity? Thanks in advance for opinions.
On two of our contracts, the seller came back with a counter per point offer we agreed upon.

Anyone have any thoughts on how low of an offer is going to just be “insulting” and piss off the broker and/or not be communicated because you’re seen as wasting time? At this point https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ seems to be running $25-$30 less per point with it’s listings for nearly every type of contract. (And the contracts are generally way more loaded) than the board sponsor or some of the other big players. If I make an offer that is $20 or $25 below list price on, for example DVC Resale Market, am I just wasting everyone’s time? Even if those are the prices that are showing on Fidelity? Thanks in advance for opinions.
I would not worry about "insulting" or "pissing" off the broker or seller. Look at it this way, how would you feel if you paid $120 pp for a loaded 200 point AKL today but then see other similar contracts sell and pass ROFR two weeks later for $105 pp or less? The DVC resale market really has not found the floor on pricing yet. Just look for contracts that have been sitting for more than 2 months and make your low offers on them. Those will be sellers who were expecting quick sales at or near asking will realize their prices were too high and will be more willing to accept a lower prices especially if they are not receiving any offers.

Some numbers I have tried a few months ago that were viewed as “insultingly low” are now starting to appear on current postings from the board sponsor (and without the “Firm Sale Price” comment included too!). You never know unless you try!

I sold a 50 points AKL contract for $150 two weeks ago. Small contracts still have a healthy demand and relatively low supply.
This makes me happy because I paid $145 a point about 6-7 months ago and I was starting to think I overpaid.

There is definitely a disconnect between what people on this board are paying and what many brokers are listing contracts for. I feel as if many brokers are trying to hold up the market and not having much success. By my count, there are currently over 2000 DVC contracts on the resale market. That tells me that they are overpriced.

There is definitely a disconnect between what people on this board are paying and what many brokers are listing contracts for. I feel as if many brokers are trying to hold up the market and not having much success. By my count, there are currently over 2000 DVC contracts on the resale market. That tells me that they are overpriced.
yeah, it has further to fall for sure. It wasn’t particularly difficult for me to grab two fully loaded SSR contracts at $95 pp and $93 pp respectively, using fidelity. I probably could have gotten it for cheaper if i waited longer. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing SSR in the 80’s soon.

Edit: I should add the $93 per point 200 point fully loaded SSR contract wasn’t even a lowball offer, that was list price! The broker I was making offers through on fidelity (Bonnie) just alerted me to it the moment it was posted so I was able to snag it by making a full price offer.

Last edited:
yeah, it has further to fall for sure. It wasn’t particularly difficult for me to grab two fully loaded SSR contracts at $95 pp and $93 pp respectively, using fidelity. I probably could have gotten it for cheaper if i waited longer. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start seeing SSR in the 80’s soon.

Edit: I should add the $93 per point 200 point fully loaded SSR contract wasn’t even a lowball offer, that was list price! The broker I was making offers through on fidelity (Bonnie) just alerted me to it the moment it was posted so I was able to snag it by making a full price offer.
Yes… resale prices have a way to fall. Some buyers are starting to figure it out. And some sellers too… You have to remember the broker has a vested interest in the sales prices being higher, so they have little inclination to help you negotiate a good deal….

Reading through the sponsor’s email today… I found some interesting prices…

However, some other ones don’t seem too bad… I think the market is beginning to reset…

Yes… resale prices have a way to fall. Some buyers are starting to figure it out. And some sellers too… You have to remember the broker has a vested interest in the sales prices being higher, so they have little inclination to help you negotiate a good deal….

Reading through the sponsor’s email today… I found some interesting prices…

However, some other ones don’t seem too bad… I think the market is beginning to reset…
If a broker can sell fast they will sell fast over holding to a higher price.

If a property is worth $130 but it can be sold for $100 in a day it is the seller that stops the transaction not the broker

A broker wants to get the commission fast because the difference in what they make at the higher price but months later is not worth it,

They want listings and fast sales.

A $30,000 sale at 8% commission that is on their books for a year is not better than a $20,000 sale on their books for week.

Brokers would be happy to sell below market value

I’m trying to buy a 50 point AKV contract but they are all still listed in the 140s. I’d like to offer much less but I feel like it’s a waste of time with list prices that high but then I see things on here that makes me feel like less is reasonable. As mentioned above, there seems to be a big disconnect. I’m not sure what to do.

I’m trying to buy a 50 point AKV contract but they are all still listed in the 140s. I’d like to offer much less but I feel like it’s a waste of time with list prices that high but then I see things on here that makes me feel like less is reasonable. As mentioned above, there seems to be a big disconnect. I’m not sure what to do.
If you don't ask then you won't get. The board sponsor is only offering $116 for a 50 point AKV contract instant sale (and they only value it at $142). Bid 'em half at $129 and don't feel bad! NOT ADVICE!

There are actually over 2,700 on the resale market right now. That is the highest it has been since I've started watching over a year ago.

I honestly don’t think so. I listed my AKV 50 points on December with the sponsor. I wanted to list at $150. The broker advice was to list lower, as that was aggressively priced. I politely declined their suggestion.

My contract sold in a few hours.

I honestly don’t think so. I listed my AKV 50 points on December with the sponsor. I wanted to list at $150. The broker advice was to list lower, as that was aggressively priced. I politely declined their suggestion.

Things have changed with Disney not really buying back much at the moment.

Things have changed with Disney not really buying back much at the moment.
Yeah, but that was just a few weeks ago. I haven’t even closed yet. It’s not like it was months ago.

I’m just commenting about the brokers, I don’t believe they have the interest to list at high prices. They want to sell fast.

That is awesome for you as the seller, but I think you were very fortunate. You would get less now just by looking at 50 AKV contracts for sale currently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter