Making Lemonade from Lemons.

After Haunted Mansion, we had a date with an adventurous rabbit.

DSC00950-X3.jpg

A little easier lighting for the camera.

DSC00953-X3.jpg

Sterg loves to tease Alex about her height and because of Alex's good nature, has become a another funny inside joke. "Better make sure Alex!".

DSC00954-X3.jpg

Zippidy walking through the queue line. Love this birdhouse!

DSC00956-X3.jpg

Absolutely Zero Wait. I'm starting to realize as I look back on this trip more and seeing how the crowds are now higher, how rare this opportunity was for us.

DSC00958-X3.jpg

DSC00959-X3.jpg

In a flash we were ready to board!

DSC00960-X3.jpg

DSC00964-X3.jpg

Splash Mountain Selfie.

DSC00968-X3.jpg

First drop!

DSC00971-X3.jpg

DSC00973-X3.jpg

Still sticking with the 24mm lens.

DSC00974-X3.jpg

Didn't take nearly as many photos as I did first time in SM. I mostly sat back and enjoyed the ride along with my rare time with Alex and Sterg.

DSC00982-X3.jpg

It was a wonderful last day.

DSC00992-X3.jpg

Not sure I'll ever see this again.

DSC00995-X3.jpg

Splash has always been one of my favorites. I know I'll miss it when they replace but I'm sure WDW will do a great job with Princess and the Frog! (did I say that already?)

Last edited:
I have yet to go on Astro Orbitor.
It was years before I did it and the first time I rode alone! I've since taken Steve and the boys on - and none of us feel the need to ride again lol.
Absolutely Zero Wait. I'm starting to realize as I look back on this trip more and seeing how the crowds are now higher, how rare this opportunity was for us.

::yes:: Exactly how we felt on our July trip especially when we returned in September. And while Sept. was still great and not as crowded as it would have been with no such thing as COVID, July was a one of kind experience.

Sterg took a pic of me before we exited our logs.

Screenshot_20200728-161142~2-XL.png

We were all hungry so a stop at Peco Bill's was in order. We had eaten here before but neither of them remembered. It was interesting to me how much they forgot but I tend to forget how young they were at the time.

My tasty salad went down pretty quickly.

IMG_20200726_115924-X2.jpg

Alex enjoyed her Southwest meal.

IMG_20200726_115925-X2.jpg

We then started to make our way to the Hub - again via the sturdy boardwalk. I really regret not taking the time to ride the beautiful Liberty Belle.

DSC00996-X3.jpg

Maybe next time Ma'am.

DSC00997-X3.jpg

Sterg had to urgently find the men's room - again!

"It's not my fault!" He said defensively.

"Maybe drinking half a gallon of seltzer water wasn't the best decision!" Nurse Alex responded. "Then throwing Mexican food on top!"

"Like you were trying to make a freakin' intestinal time bomb."
I dryly added. Alex found that very funny.

Alex and I decided to make the most of Sterg's "issues" and grabbed a citrus swirl. We took a seat near the TreeHouse and enjoyed a nice 10-15 minute conversation. She's really found her stride and loves the nursing profession despite some crazy patients and situations she's had to deal with. She's had several patients that wanted to hire her as a private nurse. The family of an older man with many issues wanted to bring her with them to their home in Puerto Rico to take care of him ( and pay her a ridiculous sum of money). But before I could say "that sounds way too sketchy!" she told me she politely declined.

DSC01000-X3.jpg

She was excited for San Diego and I told her about the two weeks I spent in that area on my first real job out of college. She's renting half of a small quant house near LaJolla which is about perfect. I may fly out to see her over the Holidays (and you all know how close that is to Disneyland - if it ever opens!). Nothing makes parents happier than to see their children happy.

IMG_20200726_092601-X3.jpg

She mentioned how she liked palm trees so I took a photo, then told her she'll see plenty of them in Southern California.

DSC01001-X3.jpg

A "lighter on his feet" Sterg finally made it back so another selfie was in order. This was taken with a selfie stick Alex smuggled in. After the photo we were semi-scolded by this lady and her near 90 year old mother that reminded us that selfie sticks are a "no-no". I did know that, Alex didn't, but this was the first time (and last time) she took it out. "Thanks for the head's up there lady" was basically my response.

Screenshot_20200726-132240~2-L.png

After our dessert we slowly walked out of a near empty Adventureland.

DSC01002-X3.jpg

We were back in the Hub. The center point of WDW. I was happy to take photos of the castle but at the same time sad knowing our time in "the bubble" was quickly ending.

DSC01004-X3.jpg

This was a trip that was very unlikely to happen in June and even early July. The reopening and uncertainties made me feel it wasn't going to happen. I'm thankful that it did despite all the restriction and rules.

Alex and Sterg were happy to be there!

DSC01005-X3.jpg

DSC01006-X3.jpg

I really feel the story of this trip was making Lemonade out of Lemons. The summer of 2020 was tough for all of us. We were fortunate enough to escape one week from the insanity of the real world to the Walt Disney World bubble.
It wasn't the same bubble we are all used to but Disney did it's best to make it an oasis from the reality of the "real world".

I took a page from Sterg's book in this selfie.

DSC01008-X3.jpg

I know things are different now in WDW. The lines are longer and the busses fuller. I feel very fortunate to experience the "World" during a very unique time. As initial visitor during the reopening we were rewarded with empty
parks and little waits. I will never forget this trip because of that. The lemonade spillith over! I honestly could not have asked or expected more from Disney.

DSC01009-X3.jpg

We started to make our way out. Exiting Main Street has always felt for me the proper way to leave Walt Disney World on your last day.

DSC01011-X3.jpg

DSC01012-X3.jpg

I pray that before long things are back to normal. So much needs to be done; the Tron Coaster, the Guardian's coaster, the Space Restaurant and more. I want to see all of that in the next few years.

But still enjoy the nostalgia of Main Street.

DSC01013-X3.jpg

I think they agree. With or without tick-tock.

DSC01017-X3.jpg

One last look...

DSC01020-X3.jpg

Leaving Magic Kingdom.

DSC01023-X3.jpg

DSC01024-X3.jpg

Before long we were back at The Contemporary and found Alex's car in the parking lot. After a series of hugs and goodbyes she was off - heading west to Clearwater to meet up with Val's parents.

DSC01029-X3.jpg

On our way to the airport with magic band still on.

IMG_20200726_133122-X2.jpg

Cheers to a memorable trip!

IMG_20200726_145007-X2.jpg

After a smooth flight we were back in Pennsylvania.

Wally wasn't happy to see me not wearing Mickey ears.

"DUDE......"

IMG_20200726_192052-X2.jpg

And that's all folks! Thanks for following along and all your likes, comments and thoughts. I really appreciate that and every little conversation I had
while writing this.

DSC00439-X3.jpg

I'm sure I'll post again with some overall thoughts about the entire experience. Right now I have a long list of things to do, but first I think I'll have a tall cold glass of lemonade. :)

Clapping hands, clapping hands, clapping hands!!!!!!:yay::yay:

Fantastic trip report, absolutely beautiful photos and to top it off you write so well.:worship: Thanks for sharing this trip and your past trips. I feel like I know your family and should add you to my Christmas card list...:rotfl2:!!

I wish it wasn't over but thanks again, I too look forward to things getting back to normal and enjoying WDW the way we're used to.pixiedust:

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in your family adventure. I almost feel like a part of your family (who was not invited along!). Your photos are amazing, and your dialogue so personal but inviting us all in. Good luck to you and your family. I hope you get to visit your daughter in California; we need to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. I will no longer put off doing the things I want as long as I can do them safely. The past 8 months have taught us that lesson. (I can't believe it's only been 8 months; it sure seems longer.)

Amazing photos...thanks for sharing! Fingers crossed our twice rescheduled March trip will happen...The biggest obstacle is quarantining rules when you travel and our kid's ability to take that much time off of work!

I've never been on Astro Orbiter either, only ride I can say that for. Don't know why :confused3. I've also never noticed the cats on the wall in the HM scene.

I think it would be a great spot to take photos.

I think that's what it takes to get through 2020.

Lol! Agreed!

Have you ever had any luck getting a photo of the last scene, where you see a ghost in or over your doom buggy?

Not yet!

Best TR I've read on these forums. The pictures are phenomenal!

Thanks so much @GoofyDad_4427 !
I can totally hear the song!

👍

And your castle pictures are simply gorgeous!! :cloud9:
Thank you again so much for taking the time to put these together and share with all of us!

Thank you! It was fun to do so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter