• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making FP reservations when you will be activating an AP voucher on arrival

ammo

DIS Veteran
I plan to activate an AP voucher when we arrive in January, but I would like to make FP reservations during the 60-day window. This is something I have never tried (always had active APs in the past), but it seems like it might pose a problem. Is there a way to accomplish this (or is it no problem at all)?

It should not be a problem.
My last trip my AP expired 1 day prior to the end, meaning I had no ticket for the last day.

Got my new AP, made FPs 60 days out for the last day, activated my new AP the last day of my trip.

That being said, it was a AP renewal, but it would be a major kick to the privates if Dis did not accommodate this, as it has to be incredibly common, otherwise everyone would get screwed on their first trip. You would have heard the uproar from that.

Makes sense. Perhaps I can link a code on the pass to my trip, just like you would with daily tickets.

Makes sense. Perhaps I can link a code on the pass to my trip, just like you would with daily tickets.

Yep - I have a trip booked for next week that all of us will need to activate new APs for. As long as you have a ticket linked (doesn't need to be activated), you should be to go.

Thanks! Of course I should have expected this to work, but it's great to know how.

Make sure each family member is assigned an AP, and the FP reservations should be no problem.

I plan to activate an AP voucher when we arrive in January, but I would like to make FP reservations during the 60-day window. This is something I have never tried (always had active APs in the past), but it seems like it might pose a problem. Is there a way to accomplish this (or is it no problem at all)?
After purchasing your AP just make sure to link it to your MDE. Make your FP reservations just as usual at 60 days. If there are any hard ticket events you need to purchase that offer an AP discount you can do that as well. Then just pickup you AP when you arrive.

Is not problem at all, as long as your APs are linked to your reservation in MDE. We actually just bought passes early end of May, and linked them right away. We made our fastpasses 60 days out for our August trip. We will activate our APs the day we arrive at guest services at Epcot. (We called twice before purchasing to verify with DVC guest services cast members and they explained it all to us). One thing -- when I was making fastpasses, I had an issue where the system was only recognizing me as an AP past a certain day and not the other 3 members of my family - but all 4 of us where showing passes linked to us. I also ended up losing the FOP fastpasses I had secured! I called right away and was able to get everything straightened out, and they gave us FOP fastpass to use any time on the day we need it. Always have any phone #s you may need handy so you can handle any issues as soon as they happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter