Making ADR Thread - hold times, IT vents, and general whine!

My poor, poor husband was on the phone for 3 hours trying to make our ADR's :scared1: He called at 7 exactly, was on hold for 45 mins, then the CM had a broken computer and said he would have to hang up and get to the back of the line :headache:. needless to say, he was not too happy a camper! Finally after the 3 hours we were able to get most of the places we wanted. No Fantasmic though, but oh well!

My poor, poor husband was on the phone for 3 hours trying to make our ADR's :scared1: He called at 7 exactly, was on hold for 45 mins, then the CM had a broken computer and said he would have to hang up and get to the back of the line :headache:. needless to say, he was not too happy a camper! Finally after the 3 hours we were able to get most of the places we wanted. No Fantasmic though, but oh well!

This worries me. Why didn't they just transfer him???:confused3

We wondered the same thing! Before DH could ask or anything he heard the familiar Disney music playing! No explanation, she just put him back in the hold line! I'm hoping maybe she was new and didnt know any better :confused3

And for some reason my phone is static central so the Haunted Mansion music coming through sounds extra creepy.....I keep getting excited when the music stops, but it's just a silly recording ;(

Yeah I'm at 42 minutes.....my fault. When they said May 26-June 25 that since we're going to be there longer than that I'd have trouble.....then I got transfered. I called early too and just kept redialing so I wouldn't have this problem!

I was on hold for 1 hr 20 minutes yesterday before I finally got through. It took 2 hours total.

I had CM pick up after 44 minutes. After I gave her a couple of ADR requests, she put me on hold "for a couple of minutes". I then get the initial questions again. Essentially, I'm starting over in queue.

OH NO!!! I'm so sorry to hear that-I just got done with everything. That stinks....a LOT.

I was on hold yesterday for 1 hour and 55 minutes then 34 minutes to make 4 ressies. It was crazy. :scared1:

I called right at 7am and went through the prompts - a cm picked up at 7:05....got lucky I thought. We did a few ADR's and she put me on hold, came back and said she lost everything so we started all over. Luckily I did not lose anything but a few times did change. Then we were just about finished and I hear the survey come on..We got disconnected! Thank goodness she called me back and we were able to finish. From start to finish I was on the phone for 1 hour. Made 11 ADR's - I was able to get everything except Fantasmic so I will keep trying for that one.

Here is our list:
6/22 Ohana 7pm
6/23 BBB 9:30
CRT 1;20
6/24 Crystal Palace 9:30
6/25 Tutto Italia 5pm
6/26 Whispering Canyon 5:10
6/27 Ohana Bfast 9:40
6/28 Rose & Crow 12 noon
6/29 LE Cellier 5:45 (wanted fantasmic)
6/30 SCI-FI 12:05
7/1 Teppan Edo 5:50
7/2 Chef Mickey 10:15am

I feel good it is all done and I can't wait to go! Good luck everyone!!

If I book a 2 night onsite stay at the start of our trip can I still book my ADRs for 90+10? or does it revert to 90+2?

Im not sure if we can afford what we want to do (AKL) but if I did that and then had to cancel the room will that effect the ADRs at all? also need to check how much of a deposit we would lose I suppose.

I called right at 7am and went through the prompts - a cm picked up at 7:05....got lucky I thought. We did a few ADR's and she put me on hold, came back and said she lost everything so we started all over. Luckily I did not lose anything but a few times did change. Then we were just about finished and I hear the survey come on..We got disconnected! Thank goodness she called me back and we were able to finish. From start to finish I was on the phone for 1 hour. Made 11 ADR's - I was able to get everything except Fantasmic so I will keep trying for that one.

Here is our list:
6/22 Ohana 7pm
6/23 BBB 9:30
CRT 1;20
6/24 Crystal Palace 9:30
6/25 Tutto Italia 5pm
6/26 Whispering Canyon 5:10
6/27 Ohana Bfast 9:40
6/28 Rose & Crow 12 noon
6/29 LE Cellier 5:45 (wanted fantasmic)
6/30 SCI-FI 12:05
7/1 Teppan Edo 5:50
7/2 Chef Mickey 10:15am

I feel good it is all done and I can't wait to go! Good luck everyone!!

We have the exact same dinner reservations for Whispering Canyon Cafe!!!!
Also we will be at Crystal Palace (well my son and I--no dh) at 8:45 am on the same day too!

got through and finished after an hour and a half. For the most part is wasn't bad. I expected a wait. For the first hour my kids weren't up so I read a magazine and the computer. In the end i got what I wanted.

One intersting thing is I wasn't sure that I could do BBB reservations with the same person. So I called the STYLE number after showering. I got through there in two or three minutes and had that booked. The CM asked if I wanted to book any ADRs also. A 7:00 AM Eastern time cal took 90 minutes and a 9:15 Eastern time call took five minutes.

Why are the waits so long now ??? I must have missed something. When I called for my Dec trip last year it was a few minutes and done. You guys are scaring me as I plan this years lol

Me too! I'm really really worried... last year I wasn't part of the message boards and didn't even know they started taking calls at 7am.. I called after work and got everything I wanted.. it was also 180 days though!

This year I'm counting down the days til May 24th when I can call at 7am on the dot!

They do take calls on Sundays right?

Yes, they do take calls on Sundays. I called this past Sunday (3/22) right at 7:00. Held for an hour, but was able to get all of my desired ADR's with minimal schedule shifting.

Why are the waits so long now ??? I must have missed something. When I called for my Dec trip last year it was a few minutes and done. You guys are scaring me as I plan this years lol

CMs are using a new system. When I called a second time today to get a BBB seating the CM was talking her way through the system. She wasn't completely familiar with it. One thing she mentioned is that she puts in a time and and the system gives her a window around that time. They can't look over long periods for what's open. For the BBB reservation she had to put in four different times and the system didn't seem to move too fast on the new entries..

So I thinks it's a new system with another system still running and being covered by other CMs. It's something that will improve with usage.

Called at 7:00am on 3/12, waited one hour and ten minutes on hold through 3 transfers, finally got to speak with "Meredith" who was a fantastic CM and received every ADR I needed at the time I needed them. It was worth the wait for me, but I can't speak for anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter