Making a payment on an existing reservation.

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
Not directly Fort related, but may help others on here.

I remember having problems finding this on prior reservations.

On the WDW website or MDE app, where do I make a payment (or pay off the balance) on a reservation? I've looked all over and can't find it.

Interestingly, it is easy on the DLP site/app.

j

Last edited:
Not directly Fort related, but may help others on here.

I remember having problems finding this on prior reservations.

On the WDW website or MDE app, where do I make a payment (or pay off the balance) on a reservation? I've looked all over and can't find it.

Intrerestingly, it is easy on teh DLP site/app.

j
I couldn't find a way to pay online either, did the chat bot thing and was directed to call, called and was told that is the only option. so I did it over the phone, which was ok as I wanted to put a note on my folio for a specific site.

I always make monthly payments through MDE. Never had a problem and have done it this way for 4 trips now.

On MDE 'main page' (you should see 'Your Name' Plans and Tickets at the top), scroll down to My Plans, Reservations, and Tickets. If not already on it, select 'daily itinerary' then look at your check in day. It should show your resort hotel with your dates & confirmation number. Just below should show your balance due, then 'make a payment'. Click 'make a payment' and it will take you through the steps to select the amount you want to pay, enter your card info, and click 'make payment'. Once you're paid in full the 'make a payment' link disappears and it says 'Reservation Paid in Full'.

Now, a caveat is that I always book packages, either online or by phone through WDTC. Either method, I've been able to make online payments. I don't know if it's the same if you book room only. Also, to my understanding, if you use a TA you won't have the option to make online payments.

Hopefully this will post. This is what you will see.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 3.42.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 3.42.35 PM.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 19

On MDE 'main page' (you should see 'Your Name' Plans and Tickets at the top), scroll down to My Plans, Reservations, and Tickets. If not already on it, select 'daily itinerary' then look at your check in day. It should show your resort hotel with your dates & confirmation number. Just below should show your balance due, then 'make a payment'. Click 'make a payment' and it will take you through the steps to select the amount you want to pay, enter your card info, and click 'make payment'. Once you're paid in full the 'make a payment' link disappears and it says 'Reservation Paid in Full'.
I wonder if it is because you have a package. I have a room only and I don't have the "make a payement" option. Guess I'll have to call.

j

1703117942616.png

I wonder if it is because you have a package. I have a room only and I don't have the "make a payement" option. Guess I'll have to call.

j

View attachment 819280

That's the only thing I can think of. Unless you used a TA, room only vs package would be the only difference between your ressie and mine. Doesn't really make sense for that to make a difference, but stranger things have happened.

I'd be interested to know what they tell you.

I wonder if it's because with a room only you can pay the balance remaining at check in, but with a package it has to be paid in full 30 days before check in. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I wonder if it's because with a room only you can pay the balance remaining at check in, but with a package it has to be paid in full 30 days before check in. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was thinking that may be it, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. With a reservation for hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, you would think they would like to get your money along the way, regardless of package or site only.

j

I was thinking that may be it, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. With a reservation for hundreds (or thousands) of dollars, you would think they would like to get your money along the way, regardless of package or site only.

j

I agree. The only thing I can think of is that their research shows that the majority either pay upfront or pay at check in whereas they see that people with packages tend to pay in 'chunks'. I do monthly payments and pay off at least a month before the due date and Disney doesn't charge interest.

I agree. The only thing I can think of is that their research shows that the majority either pay upfront or pay at check in whereas they see that people with packages tend to pay in 'chunks'. I do monthly payments and pay off at least a month before the due date and Disney doesn't charge interest.

It's probably only a matter of time, though, before room only reservations require full payment at time of reservation or a payment plan.

Florida State Parks have been that way for a few years now (all payment due when reservation is made) for campsites.

Alabama State Parks this year moved from the option of deposit or full payment to full payment only at the time of making the campsite reservation.

Until whenever that Disney day comes, I'll continue to do room only.

ED

It's probably only a matter of time, though, before room only reservations require full payment at time of reservation or a payment plan.

Florida State Parks have been that way for a few years now (all payment due when reservation is made) for campsites.

Alabama State Parks this year moved from the option of deposit or full payment to full payment only at the time of making the campsite reservation.

Until whenever that Disney day comes, I'll continue to do room only.

ED

In a way I can see them wanting more of a 'security deposit'. As it is people could make multiple 'room only' reservations and then wait until literally the day before check in day to cancel them. Although at a deposit of one night's stay it could get a little pricy to book 3 or 4 tentative dates! With the packages you only put down a $200 deposit and you don't have to pay anything until the 'pay in full' date 30 days before checkin. I've been sort of expecting that to change too. Disney is pretty generous with their cancellation policies IMHO.

It's another one of those Disney mysteries....how many people make multiple reservations only to cancel all but one of them.

I think the Natl Parks are 'pay at reservation' except some of the RV parks like Fishing Bridge. And IIRC the State of Calif requires that, too.

Today was the first day I can remember in a very long time where I was able to make a payment on the phone through the automated system and not have to wait for an agent. Usually I get the 'due to technical difficulties, please stay on the line". But I made a payment with a Disney Gift card just fine today and all the prompts worked.

Nope, I had to delete this post, sorry for the confusion!

The information given was for looking at room billing & payments on MDE which can only be done after completing online check-in.

As stated earlier, I have a room only and the weirdest thing happened to one of my payments using a DGC. It was actually refunded back on the card. I honestly don't know why.

Last edited:
I believe it was @gottalovepluto who recommended using the Online Check-in feature in MDE, once you do that then you could make payments even with gift cards.

I did not try this as I had Q's about my room only bounce back.
I specifically told the CM I wanted room only during the booking session. When I called back for Q's, I learned the original CM turned my reservation into a package without tickets.

The new CM told me the difference between a package vs. room only, Package: I would receive free mini golf coupon, luggage tags, assorted coupons and I had the ability to do more in the app, like add-ons. With Room only, you get nothing and you're limited. :confused3

Also note, I'm an AP holder that's why I didn't buy park pickets and since we'll be driving from MI to WDW FT, we'll be bringing our own food with our pup Sherlock in tow. :dog:

Hope this helps!
Nah wasn’t me, don’t recall making gc payments in the app. But I wish I could!

Main difference between package and room only to me is the change/cancellation policies. 30 days out from arrival packages charge a $50 for changing, $200 for cancelling.

I believe it was @gottalovepluto who recommended using the Online Check-in feature in MDE, once you do that then you could make payments even with gift cards.
That's a great theory, but I just completed all the sections for check-in and still don't have the option.

Guess I'll just transfer money to savings and pay on arrival.

j

@Teamubr
Direct from Disney!

You can make a payment towards your upcoming WDW Resort vacation package online or by phone. You can process an online payment through your My Disney Experience account. Payments cannot be made on the My Disney Experience app.

If you booked your upcoming plans through a travel agent, you will need to process your payments directly through them.

If you have a room-only reservation, you will pay off your balance when you arrive at your Disney Resort hotel or make payments by phone (407) 939-5277.

Disney Vacation Package Info
Disney Room-Only Info

While I'm here, why not buy Disney Gift Cards and make your dollars stretch! Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter