Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Yes ma'am! looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the rest of your pre trip report.
Thanks!

I love the idea of celebrating a 50th birthday that way, but I do see it being a bit tricky with a 2 p.m. limitation. I did like what @TheOneWithTheTriplets suggested in terms of transportation. I feel like to make it successful you'll have to utilize that time getting from park to park wisely.
it def would be a long day and I am starting to think that might not be what we want to do. exatly...

Following! I’m sorry you had to push back your trip but enjoying reading about your re-planning. Your 50th ideas sound so fun!
Thanks! And Welcome!!!!

What if, instead of making it just a one day birthday thing, you spread it out over the trip?
I am leaning towards this... I think it will take some pressure off the day too.

It might be nice to then have more pictures with him actually in them! At least in our crew, I end up with tons of kids photos and not nearly as may adult.
He did say the other day that he wanted Memory Maker as a "brithday gift" So, maybe one of the items is 50 photo locations for 50!

50 rides for 50 years would be very fun!
Thanks. It was fun when we did it for my 40th. I made a sheet that the girls filled out. So, I think it would be fun again!

I am on page 5 … this trip prep and planning report is going on for nilesandnilesandniles….lovin the journey …
Welcome!!! nilesandniles... ha! love it. It is a journey reading through this trip report!

That's exactly what we are doing: 2 parks followed by DS. I would have really enjoyed trying to incorporate the 4 parks into one day, but it just seems like a ton of work with the way things work right now; too much work to be any fun
Great minds think alike!

Woohoo for more park days… are you going to upgrade to APs for everyone since you have another trip in Nov?
I honestly haven't looked to see what the cost difference is, since you still can't buy them right now. probably not, it

I was planning a short trip, just for the Christmas party but DH would love to go for longer so instead of a short weekend trip in early November we are looking at Thanksgiving break.
When is your Thanksgiving Break? before or after the holiday?

AGREED!!!! In fact, even with all the 50th merch, we were totally underwhelmed by the merch on our December trip. Like it's literally the exact same in every shop, in every park. Just boring! Nothing new or fun and exciting.
That is a bummer. I was really looking forward to buying everything! But I know there have been trips where I didn't like anything and then others where I wanted everything.

I like the 50 rides for 50 years idea or even 50 snacks/drinks!
Thanks. I thought about snacks. but then I thought it might be deressing listing all of the food we ate out! Ha!

79 Days!!!

I am creeping closer and closer to the dinning reservation day again!!! And I can't wait! We are possibly getting snow again this Saturday.

I have been thinking of a new reveal for this trip! Since we will be in Disney on Easter. I was thinking of setting out Easter Baskets either the Saturday or Sunday before we go. And the baskets can be all Disney themed stuff. Something saying we are going to Disney next Saturday. I can have them set up for the morning and when we come down stairs.

And then I can plan to have anyone who wants to do an early Easter over that day. We can do all the normal Easter things that we do.... Egg hunt (twice) Yes we do 2 egg hunts! A traditional backyard morning Egg hunt AND a night time glow in the dark version. Which has become a big hit!

That way again, they can let there teachers know that they will be missing school. Of course now, they are only missing 3 days and it's the first 3 days after spring break. So I am not sure if they will give them work. But if they do, the beauty will be that they will have a half day and a day off to work on it. So, they hopefully will be able to not worry about any school work while we are ON the trip.

Speaking of school work... I am tempted to make us all schelp our laptops and school ipads with us. All of the news about flights being cancelled and delayed has me paranoid about getting back. If we all have our devices, worst case scenerio, we can work/learn remotely... But I REALLY don't want to be lugging THAT many devices with us. The girls would end up with 2 ipads and a phone each. And Andy and I would be a laptop/ipad and phone each! That will have to be a last minute decision, probably.

I'm just getting caught up and so much has happened. I'm sorry you had to cancel for February but your April plans sound great! I'm also going to just miss you. I'm thinking of taking a solo trip to see Danielle the week before Easter and coming home the day before Easter. I love all the 50th birthday ideas. You have some really good ones. I can't wait to see what you actually end up doing.

When is your Thanksgiving Break? before or after the holiday?
Before, we would fly out Tuesday night, then fly home Sunday. I have the Swan on hold, we are short 210,000 points, ha. I’m hoping to stay at Shades of Green, but is already sold out. Which is why I think we’ll just do 2 nights earlier in the month. I was able to get those reserved at Shades.

I’m going to leave it up to the family, we can do 2 night trip and just attend the Christmas party or 4 day park tickets, but completely skip birthday and Christmas presents this year.

I love the idea of an Easter basket reveal--so fun :) And being able to have your Easter traditions, as well, will make such a great day!

Ugh, I agree about lugging all your devices being a pain, but after living through the stranded-in-FL fiasco a few weeks ago, it definitely would have been easier for me to set things up for my classroom, look for flights, eventually rent the car, etc. if I had had my laptop with me!

Ugh, I agree about lugging all your devices being a pain, but after living through the stranded-in-FL fiasco a few weeks ago, it definitely would have been easier for me to set things up for my classroom, look for flights, eventually rent the car, etc. if I had had my laptop with me!
By April, both the weather and omicron should be causing less havoc with flights. I wouldn't be dragging down that much tech just in case of a flight cancellation.
Now that I think about it. The girls probably could just use there personal ipads if need be. Everything is google classroom based. So, that would leave just me and hubby to bring laptops. Which isn't great but whatever.

I'm enjoying reading about your plans. I'm trying to figure out our trip. You would think I had never been with as much trouble as I am having trying to figure everything out. Part of the problem is that we are spending the first couple of days at Universal. I'm looking forward to it, but it's cutting into our Disney days. I can make dining reservations next Wednesday and I have so many places I want to go, but can't figure out to fit everything in, LOL.

I like the picture idea for Andy's birthday and 50 rides. Two parks and then DS sounds good. I think all 4 parks in day sounds like too much, but I know some people enjoy doing that.

Surprising the girls with the Easter baskets sounds like fun!

79 Days!!!

I am creeping closer and closer to the dinning reservation day again!!! And I can't wait! We are possibly getting snow again this Saturday.

I have been thinking of a new reveal for this trip! Since we will be in Disney on Easter. I was thinking of setting out Easter Baskets either the Saturday or Sunday before we go. And the baskets can be all Disney themed stuff. Something saying we are going to Disney next Saturday. I can have them set up for the morning and when we come down stairs.

And then I can plan to have anyone who wants to do an early Easter over that day. We can do all the normal Easter things that we do.... Egg hunt (twice) Yes we do 2 egg hunts! A traditional backyard morning Egg hunt AND a night time glow in the dark version. Which has become a big hit!

That way again, they can let there teachers know that they will be missing school. Of course now, they are only missing 3 days and it's the first 3 days after spring break. So I am not sure if they will give them work. But if they do, the beauty will be that they will have a half day and a day off to work on it. So, they hopefully will be able to not worry about any school work while we are ON the trip.

Speaking of school work... I am tempted to make us all schelp our laptops and school ipads with us. All of the news about flights being cancelled and delayed has me paranoid about getting back. If we all have our devices, worst case scenerio, we can work/learn remotely... But I REALLY don't want to be lugging THAT many devices with us. The girls would end up with 2 ipads and a phone each. And Andy and I would be a laptop/ipad and phone each! That will have to be a last minute decision, probably.
Your trip will be here before you know it!! Looking at weather, it seems to have been pretty chilly in FL recently too. So maybe it all worked out for the best for the April trip.
Your reveal plan sounds good! It will give everyone time to get ready and prepare both at school and home. The girls will be able to help pack!
I agree with others that a 50 pics/ride challenge looks fun for Andy’s bday. Hope you are having a good, snowy weekend. We only got a little here in S. Central PA.

I can make dining reservations next Wednesday and I have so many places I want to go, but can't figure out to fit everything in, LOL.
It's a real struggle! What is on your list?

Your trip will be here before you know it!!
I hope so! I think March will feel like forever!

Hope you are having a good, snowy weekend. We only got a little here in S. Central PA.
We got about 7". So enough but not too much. We are just chilling on the couch all day today. it's been glorious!

Love your glow in the dark Easter egg hunt! How fun is that! I think the Disney themed Easter baskets would be a fun idea too. :)
I totally hear you on this one. I am thinking we should bring our work computers in the worst case situation with test positive and can't fly home. We would have to quarantine in Florida for 11 days before being allowed to enter Canada after a positive test. So I would want to be prepared too.

I totally hear you on this one. I am thinking we should bring our work computers in the worst case situation with test positive and can't fly home. We would have to quarantine in Florida for 11 days before being allowed to enter Canada after a positive test. So I would want to be prepared too.
I also feel like if we are prepared it won't happen.

So my list is:

Space 220
Topolino's (breakfast)
La Hacienda de San Angel
Toledo
Storybook Dining
Citricos
Tiffins
Beaches & Cream
Steakhouse 71
Flying Fish

I think I've decided to skip Citricos this time, but I would love to see it since it's been redone. We will probably do lunch at Beaches and Cream (if I can get an ADR). And possibly breakfast or lunch at Steakhouse 71. Finding out that Flying Fish has reopened has made me want to try to go there too. We haven't been there since 2012 or 2013 and I really want to go back. We only have 6 nights at Disney this time since we'll be at Universal the first 2 nights. We might be able to have an early dinner before we leave for the airport on the 7th day though since our flight isn't until 9:30. I would love to stay until Sunday (we're leaving Saturday) but my husband likes to have a full day at home before he has to go back to work.

Enjoy your snow! I'm so glad we haven't gotten much here (I'm in Omaha) this year (of course there's still time). I spent most of my adult life in the South and while I like Omaha, I hate the winters here.

I would love to stay until Sunday (we're leaving Saturday) but my husband likes to have a full day at home before he has to go back to work.
OMG, your husband would hate me. I usually try to squeeze as much out of the vacation as possible!

Space 220
Topolino's (breakfast)
La Hacienda de San Angel
Toledo
Storybook Dining
Citricos
Tiffins
Beaches & Cream
Steakhouse 71
Flying Fish
We have never been to Flying Fish. I think it would be a waste for us with the girls. They just won't appriciate it.

I am looking forward to trying Steakhouse 71. I am def going to do lunch for that, I think.

I might need to try for Topolino's on our Nov/Dec trip. Have you done that yet?

Happy Monday Everyone!

As any crazy person on the boards here, I have the disney page that has the Extra Extended Hours post bookmarked on my phone and I keep randomly checking to see if they added days.

And the other night they added some more. Still not for our dates, but.... they did something intresting.... They put a Hollywood Studios night in! The Wednesday before we get there!

So, I am dyeing to see what they add next?!?! They added Hollywood Studios to a Wednesday, so will they move Magic Kingdom to a Friday? Is it just because it will be busy for Spring Break time? Or because they have something else happening in Magic Kingdom?

I mentioned this to Andy and the possibilty of a EEH for HS. And his ears perked up. BUT of course we will still be at Coronado on Wednesday of our trip. So, I might need to get back on my quest to add a day to Yacht Club...

It's also intresting as they list what rides will be open during it, but they don't list Hollywood Studios. So, I was also wondering if it was a mistake? Or maybe just a one off?

I don't blame you for trying to get as much vacation time as possible! My husband isn't a huge Disney fan, so I try not to upset him too much, LOL! Also, his job is very demanding so he really does need to rest a little before going back.

My kids probably won't really appreciate Flying Fish either, but I checked the menu and I think it will be ok. There is salmon on the kid's menu which is my 9 yr old's favorite and the plant based entree looks pretty good (my 14 yr old is vegan).

We haven't been to Topolino's before. We haven't been to Disney since June 2019 thanks to the pandemic. I think the breakfast looks really good. Dinner does too, but I think we'll just do breakfast this time.

I saw that they added HS to the EEH in April. I'm sad we won't be there still. I was wondering what will happen to the EEH for MK since it is usually on Wednesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter