Make-up in Carry-on...any issues?

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm not a huge make-up person but I have my staples that I really want on my trip. I don't want to wear make-up on the flight but I'd like to have it on when we land for the rest of the day. Are there any restrictions putting it in my carry-on bag/purse? For reference, I use bare escentuals so it is basically just a few of those small containers, a couple of make up brushes and a mascara.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm not a huge make-up person but I have my staples that I really want on my trip. I don't want to wear make-up on the flight but I'd like to have it on when we land for the rest of the day. Are there any restrictions putting it in my carry-on bag/purse? For reference, I use bare escentuals so it is basically just a few of those small containers, a couple of make up brushes and a mascara.

Thanks!

The only thing is the mascara may be considered a Gel and then you need to put it in your clear ziplock bag for the carryon otherwise powder makeup is fine

Since you don't use liquid foundation, you don't have to worry about that. Powder isn't an issue. Lipstick is considered a gel sometimes, so that should go in the plastic baggie, also.

Sayhello

Sounds good! I would hate to have my make up taken away from me since I can't just buy it at any old store.

just make sure you have any liquids in a clear quart sized bag and have it ready to take out at security. Your good to go.

Solid lipstick is fine in a carryon. Lip gloss should be in your baggie or checked. Although I have been carrying a little tube of lip gloss in my backpack for years and have never been asked to give it up, not even on international flights. The most strict screening I ever saw was in Barcelona and they wanted to see EVERYTHING they thought might be suspicious at all. They let me take the lip gloss out and put it in the baggie. Nobody else has even blinked at the lip gloss. It's become a challenge now - who is going to say something about the lip gloss?

Powder makeup is no problem at all and can go in a carryon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter