Make ADR's for 4 instead of 2?

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
I need to make my ADR's next week. I know a couple months ago people were saying it may be hard to get an ADR for just 2 people and were suggesting making the reservation for 4. Is that still the case? If that is what I end up doing do I change the ADR to 2 at anytime or just show up and say it will just be 2 of us? Also does it make a difference if I make the reservations on the app or on the website? TIA

Last edited:
I need to make my ADR's next week. I know a couple months ago people were saying it may be hard to get an ADR for just 2 people and were suggesting making the reservation for 4. Is that still the case? If that is what I end up doing do I change the ADR to 2 at anytime or just show up and say it will just be 2 of us? Also does it make a difference if I make the reservations on the app or on the website? TIA
The 2 issue I think is mainly for sci fi because of the car setup. Odd numbers can be an issue as well.

I usually started with my party size of 3 or 4 and if none found would try 2 then 6 for the size just to get something booked.

When you're ready to check in, if you do it on the app, it'll ask for a count of adults and children, just put your number here and you're good to go.

No, they don’t care if you show up with less than you reserved (I assume within reason, they’d probably get annoyed if you book 6 and show up alone). I’m a solo diner and those are hard to find sometimes, so I usually check for 2 or 4.

The 2 issue I think is mainly for sci fi because of the car setup. Odd numbers can be an issue as well.

I usually started with my party size of 3 or 4 and if none found would try 2 then 6 for the size just to get something booked.

When you're ready to check in, if you do it on the app, it'll ask for a count of adults and children, just put your number here and you're good to go.
I made my ADR's this morning and first tried 2 then 4 and was unsuccessful. Ended up with a reservation for 6. Kind of feel bad doing it that way but if they won't let us make ADR's for lesser numbers we don't have a choice. SciFi is one of my must do's and I'd be disappointed if I weren't able to eat there. Thank you for your advice.

Most restaurants have a lower amount of tables for 2 (2 tops)than those for 4.
the same can be said for tables for 6, which are probably even fewer.
personally, I wouldn’t book a table for 6 if there were only going to be 2 of us. It’s hard enough for bigger groups to find dining options.
if I can’t get a table for 2, I will book a 4 top, but then I check the app everyday and try to modify it for 2. 75% of the time, I find a table for 2

I made my ADR's this morning and first tried 2 then 4 and was unsuccessful. Ended up with a reservation for 6. Kind of feel bad doing it that way but if they won't let us make ADR's for lesser numbers we don't have a choice. SciFi is one of my must do's and I'd be disappointed if I weren't able to eat there. Thank you for your advice.
After I was able to book adrs, I was able to downgrade party size to the correct amount on some, but I think I did end up with 1 adr for 6. I agree, if it’s available take it. Glad you got what you wanted!

Most restaurants have a lower amount of tables for 2 (2 tops)than those for 4.
the same can be said for tables for 6, which are probably even fewer.
personally, I wouldn’t book a table for 6 if there were only going to be 2 of us. It’s hard enough for bigger groups to find dining options.
if I can’t get a table for 2, I will book a 4 top, but then I check the app everyday and try to modify it for 2. 75% of the time, I find a table for 2
I didn't want to do it that way but as I said I tried for 2 or 4 but it wouldn't let me do it that way. This was for Sci Fi so things are different there since they have the cars instead of tables. I do plan to try to see if I can modify it before we actually go.

After I was able to book adrs, I was able to downgrade party size to the correct amount on some, but I think I did end up with 1 adr for 6. I agree, if it’s available take it. Glad you got what you wanted!
Thank you. I am gonna try to see if I can modify it to open it up for a couple other people. My husband suggested posting to see if anyone else wants to share the reservation but I don't know if that's a thing.

For what its worth- I had a hard time on the app 60 days out- I was nervous about getting certain things then logged in and kept getting an error message. When I called direct it was a quick hold time and she seemed to have more availability than what was listed. If you have trouble at 6 am 60 days maybe try calling. I got everything I wanted on the phone and none of it was showing available on the app. Maybe it was just that day..:.

For what its worth- I had a hard time on the app 60 days out- I was nervous about getting certain things then logged in and kept getting an error message. When I called direct it was a quick hold time and she seemed to have more availability than what was listed. If you have trouble at 6 am 60 days maybe try calling. I got everything I wanted on the phone and none of it was showing available on the app. Maybe it was just that day..:.

I just use the computer if the app is acting up on the phone. Easier than waiting an hour then being on hold for who knows how long. Plus I KNOW I've marked my allergy - I can't necessarily trust someone on the phone to do it.

Last night, 61 days before we head to Disney, our Military Son dropped a bomb that he and his wife might be able to join us! (Getting leave scheduled is a challenge). They aren't positive but they are finding out this week. We didn't know what to do about reservations as it was just going to be the two of us, but we went ahead and made all the reservations for 4. Our initial plan was to find new reservations if they can't come. I didn't realize the restaurants didn't have an issue using a 4 person reservation for a 2 person party! Stress level back to 0. May the 4th be with you.

Last night, 61 days before we head to Disney, our Military Son dropped a bomb that he and his wife might be able to join us! (Getting leave scheduled is a challenge). They aren't positive but they are finding out this week. We didn't know what to do about reservations as it was just going to be the two of us, but we went ahead and made all the reservations for 4. Our initial plan was to find new reservations if they can't come. I didn't realize the restaurants didn't have an issue using a 4 person reservation for a 2 person party! Stress level back to 0. May the 4th be with you.
I hope they are able to go with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter