Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

So she can only have gluten/soy/milk free stuff. Even ice cream would have to be either coconut based or a sorbet
1) I usually work the Ice Cream Parlor at GKTW, when I am there.
2) We do have all sorts of "this-free" or "that-free" concoctions.
. . . soy-based
. . . dairy-free
. . . etc
3) After all, WE KNOW there frequently are dietary restrictions for our guests, and the sponsors want to please.
. . . we can find a way to puree or melt your ice cream
. . . or, you can take it over and "nuke-it" at the new food court
4) And, thee is nothing like Ice Cream in the A.M.
5) It is The Breakfast of Champions. :)

Last edited:
My daughter Isabella 9 is getting a wish granted and she chose Disney. We are confirmed to travel Jan 2-8, 2016. Isabella was born with some Congenital Heart Defects,TGA,VSD, & ASD. She has had 4 open heart surgery's, and countless other procedures. She has 2 younger siblings Eric 7 and Sophia 5. I hope other wish families can help me out with what we should pack, expect from he trip, etc. I have been online doing research but coming up short. Hopefully you guys can help. Thank You

:welcome: to the DISboards!

How exciting for you and your family! Will you be staying at GKTW? I have never been on a wish trip but hear that is a wonderful place. Are there any specific questions you have about GKTW or WDW? Unless specifically part of her wish, you will probably need to make your own ADRs if you wish to eat at WDW, as well as any plans such as BBB. I'm sure others will be along with more experience to share.

Enjoy your wish trip!

:welcome: to the DISboards!

How exciting for you and your family! Will you be staying at GKTW? I have never been on a wish trip but hear that is a wonderful place. Are there any specific questions you have about GKTW or WDW? Unless specifically part of her wish, you will probably need to make your own ADRs if you wish to eat at WDW, as well as any plans such as BBB. I'm sure others will be along with more experience to share.

Enjoy your wish trip!

I believe we will be staying at GKTW I have't gotten our itinerary yet, so I have no idea how to plan and what to reserve for i know initially she asked to sleep in Cinderellas castle( but I don't know if that will be included) I tried to make reservations at Be our Guest but they are completely booked :( . Other than that I havent thought of anything else

I believe we will be staying at GKTW I have't gotten our itinerary yet, so I have no idea how to plan and what to reserve for i know initially she asked to sleep in Cinderellas castle( but I don't know if that will be included) I tried to make reservations at Be our Guest but they are completely booked :( . Other than that I havent thought of anything else
For be our guest, call again, get a live person instead of the automated system. Explain you are with maw and a reservation *might* magically appear. My daughter asked to sleep in Cindy's castle, we were told no. Then we asked to just get a quick tour of the guest suite, no to that as well.

For be our guest, call again, get a live person instead of the automated system. Explain you are with maw and a reservation *might* magically appear. My daughter asked to sleep in Cindy's castle, we were told no. Then we asked to just get a quick tour of the guest suite, no to that as well.

Thank You I will call them, and hopefully my daughter wont be to upset about the castle that is mainly what she wished for.. but hopefully with everything we are doing it would keep her busy
and she will forget about cindys castle

Hi
We are going to gktw - through kids cancer charity may 7th - 28tg
First week at gktw
Secind week at charities villa
Last week - we choose to extend our stay in davenport
We pay our own flights and for the extended week.
Myself dd14, dd10 (our little warrior - been ffighting a cancerous brain tumour for over a year) ds 5.
Ive also booked a hire car never drove abroad before!
Coming up to date where I can book adr - only looking for 2 but as I dont get tickets until we het to gktw can this still be done?
Any tips welcome
Thanks

Hi
We are going to gktw - through kids cancer charity may 7th - 28tg
First week at gktw
Secind week at charities villa
Last week - we choose to extend our stay in davenport
We pay our own flights and for the extended week.
Myself dd14, dd10 (our little warrior - been ffighting a cancerous brain tumour for over a year) ds 5.
Ive also booked a hire car never drove abroad before!
Coming up to date where I can book adr - only looking for 2 but as I dont get tickets until we het to gktw can this still be done?
Any tips welcome
Thanks
You don't need tickets to make arts, so go ahead and book. If you can't get an aDr because they are booked, get a live person on the phone. They can sometimes find room if they know it's for a wish trip

thanks redberyl, that's great! will be able to arrange these next week - DD10 Minnie mad and DS5 star wars crazy!!

Just popped over to let any new wish families know about our pretty amazing group on FB. Started by an awesome wish mom from here on DIS. Check us out-"make a wish disney trips".
Update on Tyana's wish: 25 days to go!!! Yaaaaaay! :dancer:
Her send-off party is happening on the 28th. It'll be an Alice in Wonderland theme, complete with tea party and all the whimsy! *sigh* yep, I got her a costume to go along with it. Hey I stopped myself from buying themed outfits for the rest of the kids-I found the cutest mad hatter hats, cheshire cat ears and tail, and the white rabbit ears headband (would have been perfect for the baby). But I was strong. Didn't give in to temptation! Go me!
We are pretty much ready to go. I started packing. Realized I need more luggage. All my ADR's are set. I've made list after list. After list. I'm done. Now I need to stop finding things to worry about and enjoy the upcoming weeks :banana:

My son was granted a wish and has been told we'll be there January 20th until the 26th!! We are waiting for more information but were told that he will get his personal meet and greet with Darth Vader. He's super exited.

Our son's wish trip is coming up and our wish coordinator just dropped a bit of a bomb on us. We will be making a 2 day drive back and were planning on staying in hotels overnight but she told us we have to have an exact check in time & location for both days. We were planning on spending the last day at one of the parks after checking out of GKTW and I have never even traveled out of state before! I have no idea what our drive back schedule will be, and even though we only found out thus morning we have to decide something by 4:30 this afternoon. I am now a little scared and very confused! I know the funds for the hotel are given to us in a check, so why can't we just check in somewhere as we drive? If anyone else has experience with this, please help!!

Hello guys!! We are back from a wonderful trip to Give Kids the World in early December! :)

I feel much better about answering questions again since I just got back!

I don't have quite the time to really manage this thread like I did before - but I can answer questions much better now!

We had a wonderful trip!

Hi! My daughter was just approved for a wish from MAW. We are so excited! We think GKTW would be a great place for family memories. We visited WDW in 2014 last time and she loved Festival of the Lion King the most. The colors and music was the best for her. What advice would you give us as we meet with our wish volunteers? Anything we should ask about or consider? Also, Seaworld does not appeal to us so what should we do on that day if we choose this wish. Thank you!

We just had our trip in December. You will get 3 days of Disney, 2 Universal, 1 Seaworld and some other more minor attractions. You will likely only have 5 days of parks.

Depending on age and interest I would suggest 1 Day at Magic Kingdom, 1 at Hollywood Studios, 1 at Animal Kingdom, 2 at Universal.

If your kids are into Harry Potter words cannot express how amazingly cool Universal is!

We were able to get front row seats and the kids were asked to participate in the Lion King show so you may want to ask.

Finally please allow time to enjoy GKTW village. As cool as the parks are, many of your memories will be the nights at the village. We were there the week Star Wars came out and Hasbro was out at night in the village giving out lightsabers to all the kids. I'll never forget lightsaber fighting with my kids in the middle of the village.

We just had our trip in December. You will get 3 days of Disney, 2 Universal, 1 Seaworld and some other more minor attractions. You will likely only have 5 days of parks.

Depending on age and interest I would suggest 1 Day at Magic Kingdom, 1 at Hollywood Studios, 1 at Animal Kingdom, 2 at Universal.

If your kids are into Harry Potter words cannot express how amazingly cool Universal is!

We were able to get front row seats and the kids were asked to participate in the Lion King show so you may want to ask.

Finally please allow time to enjoy GKTW village. As cool as the parks are, many of your memories will be the nights at the village. We were there the week Star Wars came out and Hasbro was out at night in the village giving out lightsabers to all the kids. I'll never forget lightsaber fighting with my kids in the middle of the village.

Thank you! This is helpful. I think we would approach this trip very differently than our WDW trips of the past. Never been to Universal and we have 3 that love Harry Potter. I think we would love to spend a day at GKTW exploring all that it offers, the videos of the place seem amazing. What about Legoland? It's something we have always wanted to do or the Clearwater Aquarium would be another one.

I frankly think legoland is terrible. It's county fair quality rides and lots of Legos.
Before you decide to spend a whole day at the village, keep in mind that with front of the line passes you can do everything in AK, HS, and both Universal parks by about 2pm.

Any get your kids their own wands at Olivanders. Doing spells around the park is an attraction by itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter