• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking :rolleyes1. Our trip isn't until January so there hasn't been any planning yet from our wish granters, haven't met them yet and it was 7 months ago that her wish was granted! I am excited that some action will be starting soon lol, we asked for January as the weather is cooler for my girl. It is hard to wait but it will be the best time to go.
I am wondering how people are making dining reservations when you haven't paid for a ticket or hotel room etc.? I would love to figure something out with Mary Poppins. Any ideas? My girl is obsessed with the movie, we have never been to Disney before.

All you need to have to make dining reservations is a My Disney Experience login and password. I believe you can start making reservations 180 days out, someone correct me if I'm wrong. In order to make Fast Pass reservations you have to have a magic band or a ticket I believe. But that doesn't apply to us Wish families because we get fast pass for everything anyway.

Welcome to the group!!

Hi,
Very long time lurker here.
All of your stories are so inspirational. My prayers are with each one of you. A few years ago while living in Canada I became a wish granter because of your inspiring stories and lives. It's just me and I don't have any kids so I can't relate to you that way. But I did want to try and help in any small way I could. The Northern Alberta Chapter was an awesome chapter to volunteer out of. I was able to get a couple kids and families to WDW. (my personal favorite place!!). I became seriously ill and had to stop wish granting.
Fast forward to now... as of last week I moved back home to the USA and Oregon after 20 years wonderful years in Edmonton. You are still all inspiring me. I'm going to get in touch with the local chapter here and get back into wish granting. yeah!!
What I get out of reading your stories, your worries, concerns and triumphs is insight that I can use as a wish granter. Little things like staying in touch, just checking in even if nothing is going on is something I have learned through posts here, can be very important to families, etc.

Anyway, keep posting away. I love your stories. I can't wait to read about all of your completed trips!!
Liz

blmalloy...do you have a tentative schedule made yet? You could try and throw in HS and AK on the same day. We are doing everything but sea world during the wish trip and spending 2 whole "rest" days at GKTW and DTD and what-not, plus doing all 4 parks (MK twice!) and both US and IOA. So it's doable! The only ADR's I'm insisting on is BOG and Akershus. I'd like to get the Sci-Fi drive in, but I won't be that upset if I don't.

We do have a tentative schedule…I've based it off of crowd calendars and such, but it can be moved around. We need a full day for MK. So, right now I have:

11/5- Arrive at GTKW
11/6- Magic Kingdom
11/7-Universal Studios
11/8-Day at GTKW
11/9-Hollywood Studios/?? (Hollywood and Vine breakfast at DHS that day).
11/10- ??/Magic Kingdom (BOG dinner..I'm trying the grey stuff, lol!)
11/11- IOA

So, I'm thinking we will do Epcot after HS on 11/9, and if we want to go back, and do that in the morning of 11/10. If we don't want to go back, we can do AK that morning. This could all change with ADRs, lol! ;)

Hi,
Very long time lurker here.
All of your stories are so inspirational. My prayers are with each one of you. A few years ago while living in Canada I became a wish granter because of your inspiring stories and lives. It's just me and I don't have any kids so I can't relate to you that way. But I did want to try and help in any small way I could. The Northern Alberta Chapter was an awesome chapter to volunteer out of. I was able to get a couple kids and families to WDW. (my personal favorite place!!). I became seriously ill and had to stop wish granting.
Fast forward to now... as of last week I moved back home to the USA and Oregon after 20 years wonderful years in Edmonton. You are still all inspiring me. I'm going to get in touch with the local chapter here and get back into wish granting. yeah!!
What I get out of reading your stories, your worries, concerns and triumphs is insight that I can use as a wish granter. Little things like staying in touch, just checking in even if nothing is going on is something I have learned through posts here, can be very important to families, etc.

Anyway, keep posting away. I love your stories. I can't wait to read about all of your completed trips!!
Liz

So fun to see you here! Wish Granters are awesome!

I haven't posted in a while but have been lurking :rolleyes1. Our trip isn't until January so there hasn't been any planning yet from our wish granters, haven't met them yet and it was 7 months ago that her wish was granted! I am excited that some action will be starting soon lol, we asked for January as the weather is cooler for my girl. It is hard to wait but it will be the best time to go.
I am wondering how people are making dining reservations when you haven't paid for a ticket or hotel room etc.? I would love to figure something out with Mary Poppins. Any ideas? My girl is obsessed with the movie, we have never been to Disney before.

Mary Poppins is at 1900 Park Fare breakfast in the grand Floridian. It's a great breakfast buffet and also has pooh and tigger, Alice and mad hatter.

Okay ladies....
Our dates are official!!!!!! We will be at GKTW October 4th-10th!!!! We are driving!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! Of course make a wish would let us fly, but during the wish process Jackson wanted us to drive! Have a road trip : ) I would much rather fly, but whatever makes the boy happy!!!!!!! They also approved for Jacksons teacher to go and help!!!!! I am beyond excited!!!!!!

I havent really been able to find the good in Jackson not being able to eat, but all the money I will be saving on character dining!!!!!
I havent really been able to find the good in Jackson not being able to eat, but all the money I will be saving on character dining!!!!!
That is certainly one way to look at it! Our 2 sn kiddos are tube fed. They only take small sips and tastes by mouth, nothing significant. Still doing early character meals (mostly) so we can get into the parks early before it gets packed! My girls will get a kick out of seeing the characters, can't wait!

Definitely post on the FB groups about what ADR's your looking for. I was able to get Akershus that way! I have been so obsessed with getting all these ADR's that my husband reminded me that we have free meals at GKTW and not to go too crazy with the sit down meals. For a family of 7 it's CRAZY expensive. Plus I hear GKTW has snacks and sandwiches you can pack with you to take to the park. I'm basically just booking at places for the experience, not really for the meal. So maybe we'll just get dessert instead of a full meal? I really wanna try "the grey stuff" at BOG! :)
I did read somewhere that we could go to BOG just for dessert; forgot all about that. THAT just might get us in the door. I'm going to call them tonight and see what happens. I'm going to try for the night we plan to go to MVMCP.

That is certainly one way to look at it! Our 2 sn kiddos are tube fed. They only take small sips and tastes by mouth, nothing significant. Still doing early character meals (mostly) so we can get into the parks early before it gets packed! My girls will get a kick out of seeing the characters, can't wait!

i thought about doing them for that, but Jackson can not do tastes except ice and water. I try not to eat much in front of him because he misses food sooooooooooo much. Cant wait until he has no more blockages!

Does anyone know....Are the wish kids (families) granted special seating for firework shows and parades?

I don't know if anything is posted anywhere about it; however, from most of the blogs I've read it seems like we have access to the handicapped areas. It seems like we will still have to get there a little early, but it shouldn't be the mass chaos that the normal streets fill up with. ALL of my negative memories from Disney involve rude people at parades. Those things get crazy, so I'm hoping the handicapped section is a little better, lol!

i thought about doing them for that, but Jackson can not do tastes except ice and water. I try not to eat much in front of him because he misses food sooooooooooo much. Cant wait until he has no more blockages!

Poor little guy! I sure do hope he starts feeling better soon!!!

Does anyone know....Are the wish kids (families) granted special seating for firework shows and parades?
last time I was at disney a wish family was behind me when I was going in to the fast pass for wishes and there was a wish family in the fast pass area I do not know if they had fast passes for it or not. have a great trip

:(

my 6yr old os going through radiation right now and its causing sores in his mouth/throat so he cannot eat anything g crunchy or solid and the other day he said dad, why are you eating that in front of me you know i cant have it.. lol.. felt bad so now I have to hide when I eat lol. I feel like a closet eater.

:(

my 6yr old os going through radiation right now and its causing sores in his mouth/throat so he cannot eat anything g crunchy or solid and the other day he said dad, why are you eating that in front of me you know i cant have it.. lol.. felt bad so now I have to hide when I eat lol. I feel like a closet eater.

I know I also hide and eat! Although if its a salad Jackson doesnt care. Jackson says I just want something to taste :(

Hi Lilheels!! Welcome to the Disboards! You'll find a great amount of information here regarding Disney, but also Wish Trips. If you have a question just ask, people are so helpful! :) On another note...we will be there at the same time as you! October 20-26! :) How old is your son? Do you have any other kids?

I just want to share this here. I hope it's not true, but just in case I wanted to give you a heads up. I also informed our wish coordinator, as it would mean Jedi Training Academy will be closed during my son's wish trip. :(

Please treat this as a RUMOR until Disney officially announces:
JTA will go down October 4th to prepare for the new Rebels show. Rebels show will begin rehearsal. Unsure at this time if when it opens up again (which will be before the movie comes out) if it will be the same JTA format or something completely different.

I tried chat on disneyworld.disney.com to confirm/deny this but after 20 minutes of deliberating on what they could tell me, they said:
Jo: I do apologize for the Delay. Dis is not an offical website. They are run by another company. As of right now we don't have any information if they are going to put the Jedi Training academy under refurbishment or not. We have not been informed yet.

and then
Jo: I apologize on that. There is nothing official yet if they will have Jedi Training Academy Under Refurbishment. I would suggest to keep checking back to see if anything comes out with us or contact Make A Wish to see if they can check for you and keep you in touch. I understand that is a cool event to do.

That was on this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...h-bay-and-season-of-the-force.3439569/page-10

Apparently CMs are telling people October 4th is the last day before it shuts down...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter