Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

I'm Wendy, mom to an awesome wish child and fierce cancer warrior! So exciting to read all these trip reports, I'm sure I will have 22 million questions!! :)Have been a member of DIS for awhile, huge Disney fan and just received our dates for our son's MAW trip but have no idea what it expect. We will be visiting Disney and staying at GKTW 4/29-5/5. Our son, Logan 3 is our wish child and he was diagnosed with stage 2 Wilms tumor last October and has had his left kidney removed and sailed through 6 months of chemo. Our 10 yr old Tyler is especially looking forward to our trip and has been the best big brother during what has been such a hard year for him. I will try to figure out how to post Logan's page. Just wanted to introduce myself, so great to have all of you here for support!
:welcome: to the Wish thread.

My daughter Juliana had a stage 1 Wilms Tumor and had chemo and a nephrectomy as well. It was discovered during her 1 yr well check up. We are so in debt to her doctor for finding this as we had no signs that anything was even wrong with her.

Glad Logan is doing well! GKTW is such a great place... I'm sure the whole family will love it! This thread is slow sometimes (and I think that is a good thing!) but ask away... someone will be around to answer it. :goodvibes

12 days and we are off.

I have no clue how to add the link for Aj's pre trip report, but I am going to cut and paste it for you. Fingers crossed! lol

You can use this to link to the pre-trip report.

AJ's pre-trip report

To do it yourself:

1) Go to the trip report's first page (or you can open a specific post by clicking the post number in the top right corner) and copy the URL.

2) Type your new post in this thread (or whatever thread).

3) Type what you want the link to say (I went with "AJ's pre-trip report").

4) Highlight the link words and click the icon that looks like a globe with a paperclip in front of it (I don't' think it is a paperclip, but is what it looks like to me). You find this in the second/bottom row of icons just on top of the box you are typing in.

5) Paste the URL you copied in step 1 into the box and hit okay.

Question for the veteran Wish Trippers!

I am working on our budget and was wondering about tips....

If we take a limo to the airport, do we tip the driver?

At GKTW, do we tip housekeeping?

What about meals at GKTW?

FaithsWish said:
Question for the veteran Wish Trippers!

I am working on our budget and was wondering about tips....

If we take a limo to the airport, do we tip the driver?

At GKTW, do we tip housekeeping?

What about meals at GKTW?
If your Wish organization scheduled the limo you can try to tip, but I doubt the driver would accept it.

No there is no tipping for housekeeping or for food at GKTW.

If your Wish organization scheduled the limo you can try to tip, but I doubt the driver would accept it.

No there is no tipping for housekeeping or for food at GKTW.

Thank you!

I just read your whole MAW TR. Juliana is absolutely adorable! :goodvibes

Quick question.

My aunt lives in Florida. She is wanting to drive down to Disney on one of the days that we are there, and maybe go into the park with us. She isn't staying at GKTW with us, but if we does go to the park---we definitely want her to have front of the line access with us. I know Reese will get a button with the number of people (or names?) in the party--do we arrange it with GKTW that an extra person may be meeting us to the park?

JP will be leaving on her wish trip in just 2 weeks! This has been a long time coming as we were to leave last year at this time when we had a setback. This year everything is a go! We fly down the night before and will attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and then the next day we leave on a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas!
Surprisingly she has NO idea we are going, and will have her wish granting party 2 days before we leave! This has been so much fun planning this trip and we have two wonderful and amazing trip planners!:cheer2:

Quick question.

My aunt lives in Florida. She is wanting to drive down to Disney on one of the days that we are there, and maybe go into the park with us. She isn't staying at GKTW with us, but if we does go to the park---we definitely want her to have front of the line access with us. I know Reese will get a button with the number of people (or names?) in the party--do we arrange it with GKTW that an extra person may be meeting us to the park?

I was wondering this also. One of our host kids girlfriend (who actually also lived with us for about half the time) lives in Orlando and we were hoping to spend some time with her.

When we go to our local Childrens Hospital, Faith always plays with the lone Mr. Potato Head in the waiting area. He's a raggedy thing with almost no matching parts...but she loves him.

I was reading about how in DTD there is a place to get a box of Potato Head parts....all you can fit in the box! That gave me an awesome countdown idea!

I found a great big box of Disney Potato Head parts (and a couple bodies of course) on Ebay.

15182430554_294365b5b0.jpg
[/url]Potato Head countdown! by Allyson244, on Flickr[/IMG]

DH and I are going to go through the box and try and match up outfits. As soon as we figure out how many outfits we have, we will count back that many weeks and then give Faith an outfit each week! And give her the body with the first outfit.

We are also going to give the additional body and any duplicate parts we come across to the Childrens Hospital. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:

So excited about the new ride, it should be there when we visit end of April early may. My 2 boys will love it!!

So excited about the new ride, it should be there when we visit end of April early may. My 2 boys will love it!!

How wonderful, you will all have an amazing time!! This ride will just be one more thing to add to the excitement!! :goodvibes

Thank you!

I just read your whole MAW TR. Juliana is absolutely adorable! :goodvibes
You read the whole thing? :scared1:

Hopefully I didn't ruin your day. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

JP will be leaving on her wish trip in just 2 weeks! This has been a long time coming as we were to leave last year at this time when we had a setback. This year everything is a go! We fly down the night before and will attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, and then the next day we leave on a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas!
Surprisingly she has NO idea we are going, and will have her wish granting party 2 days before we leave! This has been so much fun planning this trip and we have two wonderful and amazing trip planners!:cheer2:
Awesome!!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip is in store. Enjoy every minute!!! :goodvibes

Hello! This is my first post! We are leaving for my 3 year old daughter's MAW Disney trip on December 18th. We are soooo excited! Well, actually, my husband and I are excited---no one else knows about the trip yet!

Quick back ground--there is me and my DH, our 8 year old DD and our 3 year old wish kid, Mollie Jean. She was diagnosed in March with a grade 2 astrocytoma. They were able to completely remove the tumor during surgery (praise God!) and she does not have to do chemo or radiation for now. She has MRIs every 3 months to check for regrowth. We are currently waiting for an unscheduled MRI in 2 weeks due to some backpain Mollie Jean has been having, but we are praying that it is unrelated to the tumor.

MJ is such a sweet, sweet child. Everyone that meets her absolutely falls in love with her. She is truly such a gift from God. She is completely in love with all things Frozen. So of course, her wish was "to see Frozen." We will be at GKTW 12/18-12/24!!

I'm just getting used to these boards, but maybe I'll try to start a pre-trip report??

Welcome!!! Sounds like a great surprise. Best of luck with the scans, big prayers.

QUOTE="sdmjmom;52657824"]Hello! This is my first post! We are leaving for my 3 year old daughter's MAW Disney trip on December 18th. We are soooo excited! Well, actually, my husband and I are excited---no one else knows about the trip yet! Quick back ground--there is me and my DH, our 8 year old DD and our 3 year old wish kid, Mollie Jean. She was diagnosed in March with a grade 2 astrocytoma. They were able to completely remove the tumor during surgery (praise God!) and she does not have to do chemo or radiation for now. She has MRIs every 3 months to check for regrowth. We are currently waiting for an unscheduled MRI in 2 weeks due to some backpain Mollie Jean has been having, but we are praying that it is unrelated to the tumor. MJ is such a sweet, sweet child. Everyone that meets her absolutely falls in love with her. She is truly such a gift from God. She is completely in love with all things Frozen. So of course, her wish was "to see Frozen." We will be at GKTW 12/18-12/24!! I'm just getting used to these boards, but maybe I'll try to start a pre-trip report??[/QUOTE]we

Hello! This is my first post! We are leaving for my 3 year old daughter's MAW Disney trip on December 18th. We are soooo excited! Well, actually, my husband and I are excited---no one else knows about the trip yet!

Welcome! What an exciting surprise! I hope you do start a trip report, I'd love to follow along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter